X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

A little bit about you:

What relationship do you have with Boston University (Select all that apply)

Alumnus/a
    Parent/Family
    Friend of the University/Fan of the Men’s Ice Hockey Program
    Faculty/Staff/Administration
    Former Men’s Ice Hockey Student-Athlete
    Did you make a gift to the Friends of BU Hockey last season?

Yes
    No
    Are you a season ticket holder?

Yes
    No
    How long have you been following/supporting BU Men's Ice Hockey?

1-5 years
    5-10 years
    More than 10 years
    Approximately how many games do you attend per season?

Every game
    10+ games per season
    6-9 games per season
    3-5 games per season
    1-2 games per season
    None
    Rank your loyalty to the BU Men's Ice Hockey program.

Extremely High
    High
    Medium
    Low
    Extremely Low

What do you find most valuable about your relationship with Men’s Ice Hockey at Boston University? (drag and drop from left to right in order of importance)

Supporting the Team and Coach Quinn
    Friends of Hockey Donor Events (e.g., holiday skate, parents’ night)
    Inside Access/Information (e.g., coach’s cabinet, newsletters)
    Membership Benefits (e.g., membership card, lounge access)
    The Game Day Experience (e.g., Agganis Arena activities, food and beverages, marketing/promotions)
    Your support of BU Hockey impacts our program and student-athletes every day. We are incredibly thankful for your support, donations, and membership. With that in mind:

What motivates you the most to give to Men’s Ice Hockey at Boston University? (drag and drop from left to right in order of importance)

I want to help the program win
    BU Hockey impacted my life, and I want to pay it forward
    I want to support the student-athletes and their education
    I enjoy receiving access to the Friends of BU Hockey Lounge
    I enjoying receiving invites to Friends of BU Hockey special events
    Which areas are you most interested in supporting?

General Program Support
    Facility Enhancements
    Student-Athlete Scholarships
    Other, please specify...
    Do you use and benefit from the Friends of BU Hockey membership packets, cards?

Yes
    No
    How valuable is the coach’s newsletter?

Extremely Valuable
    Very Valuable
    Valuable
    Somewhat Valuable
    Not Valuable
    Do membership levels determine the amount you give each year to support the program?

Yes
    No
    As a donor, would you consider supporting the BU Men’s Ice Hockey program above and beyond your current gift if a need arose?

Yes
    No

If new game day experiences were made available, what would be of the most interest to you?

A family-friendly space open to all donors with food and beverages available for purchase
    A sports bar atmosphere open to all donors with food and beverages available for purchase
    A space that provides exclusive access for high-level donors with food and beverages available
    A space available for both donors and non-donors alike with food and beverages available for purchase
    Game day hospitality is not of interest to me
    Do you think the Friends of BU Hockey maintain appropriate and consistent contact with you whether by email, mail, website, telephone, face to face, or social media?

Email
    Too Much
    Too Little
    Just Right
    Mail
    Too Much
    Too Little
    Just Right
    Website
    Too Much
    Too Little
    Just Right
    Telephone
    Too Much
    Too Little
    Just Right
    Face to Face
    Too Much
    Too Little
    Just Right
    Social Media
    Too Much
    Too Little
    Just Right
    What is your preferred method of communication?

Email
    Mail
    Website
    Telephone
    Face to Face
    Social Media

What type of communication(s) would you prefer to receive from the Friends of BU Hockey? (select all that apply)

Invitations to special events
    Analysis, updates, and insights from Coach Quinn
    Information about BU Athletics as a whole
    Stories about student-athletes
    Regular communication from the program is not important to me
    Please tell us a little more about yourself.

Please indicate your gender:

Male
    Female
    Please indicate which of the following ranges includes your age:

18-24
    25-34
    35-44
    45-49
    50-54
    55-64
    65+
    Please indicate your current employment status:

Employed full time
    Employed part time
    Currently not employed
    Retired
    Please indicate the income category that includes your total household income before taxes last year.

Under $30,00
    $30,000 - $39,999
    $40,000 - $49,999
    $50,000 - $59,999
    $60,000 - $74,999
    $75,000 - $99,999
    $100,000 - $124,999
    $125,000 - $149,999
    $150,000 - $199,999
    $200,000 - $249,999
    $250,000 - $299,999
    $300,000 or more
    Unknown/Refuse to Answer
    Do you live in Massachusetts?

Yes
    No
    Do you have any questions or suggestions for the BU Men’s Ice Hockey program to consider while planning for the future?

Your survey responses will be kept strictly confidential; however, if you are willing to be contacted to further discuss volunteer opportunities or wish to receive additional communications, please provide your contact information below:

Name
    Company
    Address 1
    Address 2
    City/Town
    State/Province
    ZIP/Postal Code
    Country
    Email Address
    Phone Number
    On behalf of the Friends of BU Hockey, thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Obviously that last survey Mookie had delivered to him had no question about 4p games.

And one can infer that if there was a 2015 survey sent it wasn't sent TO Mookie.

Sad......
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Got the 7/3/14 email about the upcoming survey, did not receive the actual survey, nor the thanks for taking it from Quinn that Mookie speaks of. Only furthers my original point in all of this, that BU handled the entire situation very poorly. They based the decision (seemingly) on a survey that didn't get to everyone, then made the change after season ticket renewals were sent in. It comes off as them taking advantage of the perceived loyalty of their fans at the expense of this experiment, which to this point has been a failure.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Grzelcyk in the lineup tomorrow night.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            That's excellent news. Hopefully he is close to 100%. He will definitely make a difference.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Who sits?
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Who sits?
                I haven't seen official lines but I would think the 6 listed below are playing barring injuries. Unless MacLeod is in the doghouse for taking too many penalties. Diffley is the tough out.

Grzelcyk/McAvoy/Somerby/MacLeod/Fortunato/Hickey

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Who sits?
                  Grzelcyk-McAvoy
                  Hickey-Fortunato
                  Somerby-MacLeod

Based on games thus far, Somerby has really stepped up his game--more speed, more offense, good decisions. We can assume this is his final season at BU.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Grzelcyk-McAvoy
                    Hickey-Fortunato
                    Somerby-MacLeod

Based on games thus far, Somerby has really stepped up his game--more speed, more offense, good decisions. We can assume this is his final season at BU.
                    It'd be interesting to see ice time after each game. I'd prefer to have Somerby-MacLeod out there more often than Hickey-Fortunato, if we're going to keep the two best defensive defensemen together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      Grzelcyk-McAvoy
                      Hickey-Fortunato
                      Somerby-MacLeod

Somerby was drafted in 2012 by the Islanders. If he's to return for his Senior year, he'd become a UFA as the Islanders have until 8/15/2016 to sign him to an ELC.

Given the strides he's made in his game, I think it's a pretty safe assumption to make. Have also heard if he continues on his current academic path, he'll be very close to graduating after this academic year.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        It'd be interesting to see ice time after each game. I'd prefer to have Somerby-MacLeod out there more often than Hickey-Fortunato, if we're going to keep the two best defensive defensemen together.
                        It's a thought, though the Hickey Fortunato line is more offensive, and I think he wants those guys out there more often with the top lines to run the offense.

Edit:
                        Per BHB podcast Quinn said it would be:
                        Grzelcyk-McAvoy
                        Somerby-MacLeod
                        Fortunato-Hickey
                        Last edited by brassbonanza; 11-06-2015, 09:59 AM.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Now that we are talking D-lines, anybody read anything into the fact that MacLeod played mainly the top D line last year and the third pairing this year? Is Quinn just giving all 3 lines equal time? Is it is style of play or development? Is it a personnel reason - and now that Grzelcyk is back they may be re-paired again?

Just a surprising thought I had since the season started but no one seems to have noted on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                            Somerby was drafted in 2012 by the Islanders. If he's to return for his Senior year, he'd become a UFA as the Islanders have until 8/15/2016 to sign him to an ELC.
                            Doyle would actually be a free agent in June, like Mike Reilly was this year. Increasing the already very high chance that he leaves after this year.

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            Now that we are talking D-lines, anybody read anything into the fact that MacLeod played mainly the top D line last year and the third pairing this year? Is Quinn just giving all 3 lines equal time? Is it is style of play or development? Is it a personnel reason - and now that Grzelcyk is back they may be re-paired again?

Just a surprising thought I had since the season started but no one seems to have noted on here.
                            I don't believe he played top pair because he was the 2nd best D. I believe they matched up Diffley and MacLeod with the older D last year to have a more reliable guy with the two of them. MacLeod being on the top pair likely just meant he was ahead of Diffley on the depth chart, which I think is still the case.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Got the 7/3/14 email about the upcoming survey, did not receive the actual survey, nor the thanks for taking it from Quinn that Mookie speaks of. Only furthers my original point in all of this, that BU handled the entire situation very poorly. They based the decision (seemingly) on a survey that didn't get to everyone, then made the change after season ticket renewals were sent in. It comes off as them taking advantage of the perceived loyalty of their fans at the expense of this experiment, which to this point has been a failure.
                              Yeah, I would have remembered both a 4PM start and turning the Friends lounge into a sports bar. Some fans out here should change their screen name to Ben Dover, because they'll clearly take anything the athletic program wants to hand out. P !ss poor management of the situation and I'm curious what the real reason behind this change is.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I'm curious what the real reason behind this change is.
                                Does anyone actually think BU made this change for a reason other than to try to make more money (by putting more butts in the seats)?

The jury is very much out on if it will succeed, but it would be very unBU to move the game times at the expense of money for an ulterior motive.

Comment

Working...
                                X