This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Someone just sent me a photo of the arena during the Denver game. Wow. Place looked empty.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Someone just sent me a photo of the arena during the Denver game. Wow. Place looked empty.
      It was a ghost town. There have been Halloween games in the past, none were this bad.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

There were more people there last Saturday. Next game should be interesting given that it's Providence (I think) and there's that whole national championship rematch and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          There were more people there last Saturday. Next game should be interesting given that it's Providence (I think) and there's that whole national championship rematch and all.
          Northeastern on Friday night?

Comment

That's a 7:30 game. The next 4pm is Providence (I think). The whole discussion is around attendance at 4pm games, right? Friday's Northeastern game is exempt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              That's a 7:30 game. The next 4pm is Providence (I think). The whole discussion is around attendance at 4pm games, right? Friday's Northeastern game is exempt!
              Oh Gotcha.

I thought it was just Halloween game attendance discussion.

But reading your posts you are correct... Last weeks 4PM vs Connecticut had much higher attendance against a much more "ho-hum" opponent. No doubt that Halloween had a pretty negative impact. Oh well... Not something we should have to worry about for another 5 to 6 years.
              Last edited by ericredaxe; 11-01-2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

just checking.....

friday's game isnt a 4p start is it?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Whose idea was the 4 p.m. starts on Saturday?
                  I heard that season ticket holders were polled. I wasn't, and neither was anyone that sits around me.
                  Absolutely ludicrous.

A few observations:
                  Fortunato has been BU's best player so far this season. And he is actually shooting the puck.
                  Terriers need Maguire to round back into the form of his freshman year to contend. Lacouvee reminds me too much of Brett Bennett.
                  Greenway is starting to use his size, and could be about to break out.
                  Waiting for Grzelcyk to return from injury. And Roberto from whatever ...
                  Cloonan was a nice late addition, accelerating a year. Good hockey sense and a good motor.
                  Comparing Somerby's skating now, to when he arrived, is an indicator how BU helps players develop to reach the pro level.
                  Hickey and MacLeod have taken a step back, but it's soooo early.
                  Nothing to not like about JFK.

Is this a bridge year? Or will the goal tending become consistent enough to make runs at some hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    Is this a bridge year? Or will the goal tending become consistent enough to make runs at some hardware?
                    If one of the goalies can come around and be the regular starter, one or two of Greenway/Greer/Robbie can finally be regular contributors, and Grzelcyk returns fully healthy and in form, we can make some runs at success and have an exciting season. Without that, it becomes a bridge year.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I heard that season ticket holders were polled. I wasn't, and neither was anyone that sits around me.
                      Absolutely ludicrous.
                      story is 85% of the returned surveys championed the 4p times.

mookie calls bs on that, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

That story is indeed complete bs.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Absolutely ludicrous.
                          Because I'm a person who tends to never delete emails, I went back to see when it was sent and who it was sent from. On July 3, 2014, and email was sent from Coach David Quinn with Have a Great 4th - And Improve Your BU Experience! the subject line. Content of the message was that you would be getting a survey in the next few weeks, please take a few minutes to reply. The email with the link to the survey was sent July 10, 2014 from BU Men's Ice Hockey. It would not surprise me if you never saw either email given that they were sent around a holiday. Many people get surveys like this and ignore. I knew it was coming so I was on the lookout for it but that's me. They got a pretty high response rate, as far as surveys are concerned. I remember two questions from the survey - one was about the 4pm starts, the other was if they were to change the Friends of Hockey lounge into a Sports Bar type of facility, would I go.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            That story is indeed complete bs.
                            Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Because I'm a person who tends to never delete emails, I went back to see when it was sent and who it was sent from. On July 3, 2014, and email was sent from Coach David Quinn with Have a Great 4th - And Improve Your BU Experience! the subject line. Content of the message was that you would be getting a survey in the next few weeks, please take a few minutes to reply. The email with the link to the survey was sent July 10, 2014 from BU Men's Ice Hockey. It would not surprise me if you never saw either email given that they were sent around a holiday. Many people get surveys like this and ignore. I knew it was coming so I was on the lookout for it but that's me. They got a pretty high response rate, as far as surveys are concerned. I remember two questions from the survey - one was about the 4pm starts, the other was if they were to change the Friends of Hockey lounge into a Sports Bar type of facility, would I go.
                            I am horrible at deleting emails also, especially those that interest me. I have 639 pages of emails on my personal account. I went back and searched and I have neither of those emails in that date frame. While it is possible I could have deleted both of those emails, it would have meant that I read the email. It's was over a year ago, but I don't recall taking the survey or any discussion of 4pm start times.

Comment

You need to go back to 2014

On 8/18/2014 DQ thanked Mookie and others for completing the survey.

Comment

Love the 4PM starts!

The survey was sent. I remember responding how I liked some 4:00 pm games. Now if I can find that email... That's a different story.

More importantly though, how is everyone finding the improved hot dog experience with the move to the Kayem products?
                                Last edited by ericredaxe; 11-03-2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X