• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Seriously? All-time low?
    Attendance listed at 3,084.

Having the marquee OOC game of the year on Halloween was a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Attendance listed at 3,084.

Having the marquee OOC game of the year on Halloween was a great idea!
      at 4p
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        at 4p
        1PM would have been great…. but not with Friday night games.

Tomorrow 1PM would have been the best choice given the circumstances.

Comment

Except, you know, Denver had to get back home.

There was not 3084 there. I do think there was more than 1000 people there, though.

I do think they played better overall today than last night. Or Tuesday. Maybe the third period was garbage because they were gassed after three games in five days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Except, you know, Denver had to get back home.
            Because planes can't fly on Sunday afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Because planes can't fly on Sunday afternoon.
              How many flights are there out of Boston at 5pm or later to Denver on a Sunday? I doubt Denver chartered
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I would strongly disagree that this is a "rebuilding" year.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  How many flights are there out of Boston at 5pm or later to Denver on a Sunday? I doubt Denver chartered
                  JetBlue flight 993 departs Boston 7:45 is at least one good option.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    The season really could go either way IMHO. I think the d will get it's groove back, especially when Grzelcyk is back. The questions are goaltending and how much the offense can contribute. Getting Oksanen and Ballairgeon going is certainly a step in the right direction. But I think the worst case scenario is the middle of the standings.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

That actually wasn't meant in a derogatory way...I was simply pointing out the reality that in today's game, EVERY year is essentially a rebuilding year. OK - so I guess we can play the game "Let's compare last year's freshmen to this year's freshmen." And if we do that, the first half of the season will be spent trying to get new players to jell and to get the freshmen playing at a level by the end of the year that is significantly higher than when they came in. I mean, let's face it, with more players leaving early (unless you're a team without draft picks or, for whatever reason, BC), how can there be continuity?

We all like to "predict" where this team will be in April, but it really depends upon how quickly experience gets turned into results on the ice, and NOBODY can predict that (if we're being honest with ourselves).

Comment

Agreed I think that is a cop out because they are young but a lot of those younger players were 10 minutes from a NC last year. And "young" usually hurts defensively the most and the d is experienced which should trump their age. How has Olsson looked, expected big things from him?

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                          Agreed I think that is a cop out because they are young but a lot of those younger players were 10 minutes from a NC last year. And "young" usually hurts defensively the most and the d is experienced which should trump their age. How has Olsson looked, expected big things from him?
                          Invisible- has been demoted to 4th line- We need Sophs and Juniors to step up
                          Greer, Olsson, Ballairgeon in particular-

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            Invisible- has been demoted to 4th line- We need Sophs and Juniors to step up
                            Greer, Olsson, Ballairgeon in particular-
                            Strongly disagree, the 4th line of Moran, Phelps, and Olsson has skated remarkably well this year, and has put some pucks in the net as well. To have a fourth line that plays physically and is a threat to put the puck in the net if you try and take a shift off is a great asset. Now, if you want to argue that Olsson was projected to be more than a fourth-liner that's one thing, but those three have done a great job together thus far.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                              Love the negativity. Thank you!
                              The fellowship of the miserable!
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                The fellowship of the miserable!
                                copyright ricky p
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X