PDA

View Full Version : Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

brassbonanza
10-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately he was flub-less in the HE Championship game.

Boyle had plenty of his own flubs.

riverchief1
10-12-2015, 01:32 PM
That's for sure, "Mr. Five Hole." Boyle drives us nuts but was solid this past Friday with the shutout but by no means gives many of us great confidence. As long as UML plays "keep the puck away from Boyle," we're good.

By the way, Jasmine was in all her glory Friday, all decked out for opening night. Mookie would have been happy.

mookie1995
10-12-2015, 03:23 PM
That's for sure, "Mr. Five Hole." Boyle drives us nuts but was solid this past Friday with the shutout but by no means gives many of us great confidence. As long as UML plays "keep the puck away from Boyle," we're good.

By the way, Jasmine was in all her glory Friday, all decked out for opening night. Mookie would have been happy.

Y'all are allowed to take pix and share with Mookie you know....

Rogie21
10-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Eichel gets his first NHL game-winner. Sharp angle, top corner. We've seen that before.
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020034

claver2010
10-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Eichel gets his first NHL game-winner. Sharp angle, top corner. We've seen that before.
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020034

that entire play was absolutely ridiculous

Rogie21
10-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Add two more TV games for BU. NBCSN will air the final two regular-season games at Notre Dame. The NBCSN schedule (http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2015/10/13/9519939/college-hockey-on-tv-notre-dame-announces-10-games-on-nbcsn) is all Notre Dame.

Hokydad
10-13-2015, 10:51 AM
Sickening that we have to suffer thru so many ND games. So political and should not be part of college sports. ND hockey is all about under achieving and boring.
More like Lawrence Welk with a different guest every week
Almost as boring

defkit
10-13-2015, 12:17 PM

No kidding. As with many of Eichel's highlights, you need to see more than the three seconds leading up to the goals to get the full effect of his physical domination and crazy acceleration. He had many highlight assists last year that didn't get as much playing time during the playoff run since they weren't his goals, but his ability to separate was amazing.

brassbonanza
10-13-2015, 12:23 PM

We all thought it was funny and cool when he was doing that to the likes of UMass last year. Now that he's doing the same thing with the same level of success to NHL players, it's scary.

Scarlet
10-13-2015, 02:26 PM
More like Lawrence Welk with a different guest every week
Almost as boring

I have had the worst day today. And seeing your posts in the BU Recruiting thread just made this stress headache a bit worse. And then I saw this post and totally laughed out loud and agree completely. Other than you and me, there's probably only a handful of people here that post that have any idea who Lawrence Welk is.

buoldtimer
10-13-2015, 02:56 PM
I have had the worst day today. And seeing your posts in the BU Recruiting thread just made this stress headache a bit worse. And then I saw this post and totally laughed out loud and agree completely. Other than you and me, there's probably only a handful of people here that post that have any idea who Lawrence Welk is.

He was an example of someone who defined the generation gap. Parents, grandparents loved him; my generation looked at him and asked, "why?"

mookie1995
10-13-2015, 03:29 PM
[/B]

He was an example of someone who defined the generation gap. Parents, grandparents loved him; my generation looked at him and asked, "why?"

why? cause dancing gets a boy the pooty

J.D.
10-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Hey Mook, Bucci disagrees with your first take on McAvoy ;)

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13878033/nhl-hockey-new-year-arrived-game-strong

3. Boston University Loaded on D, and freshman D Charlie McAvoy looks excellent.

These rankings are from today (he commented on how Providence looked against Miami)

Hokydad
10-13-2015, 04:44 PM

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13878033/nhl-hockey-new-year-arrived-game-strong

3. Boston University Loaded on D, and freshman D Charlie McAvoy looks excellent.

These rankings are from today (he commented on how Providence looked against Miami)

McAvoy is a very good player. Said in my post a while back, he isn't there to watch and learn.

mookie1995
10-13-2015, 06:02 PM

he scored that goal and may have been a -4

was standing around on 2 of the goals watching free guys right in front of him collect pucks and shoot.
on another goal he tried to jump out of the zone and left a guy in deep for union who of course got the puck and waited out macguire to score.

i'm sure (i hope) he is very talented and will be a big asset. but his first attempt at d1 hockey left much to be desired and will be a learning experience (not one to save on the video and relive the excitement).

brassbonanza
10-13-2015, 06:23 PM
he scored that goal and may have been a -4

was standing around on 2 of the goals watching free guys right in front of him collect pucks and shoot.
on another goal he tried to jump out of the zone and left a guy in deep for union who of course got the puck and waited out macguire to score.

i'm sure (i hope) he is very talented and will be a big asset. but his first attempt at d1 hockey left much to be desired and will be a learning experience (not one to save on the video and relive the excitement).

He has things to learn and certainly will have an adjustment period with the speed and physicality of the college game. But it's very apparent he's got a boatload of talent. He's also the youngest player in the country, won't be 18 until Christmas.

mookie1995
10-13-2015, 08:58 PM
He has things to learn and certainly will have an adjustment period with the speed and physicality of the college game. But it's very apparent he's got a boatload of talent. He's also the youngest player in the country, won't be 18 until Christmas.

all true. and mookie has said over and over that there is a word for 18yo defensemen who can play. 'chris pronger' if charlie was a couple months older and got drafted early he may very well have not been here. BUT...... that doesn't mean he didn't play the role of a turnstile saturday night. we can only go up from here now :D

Scarlet
10-14-2015, 08:21 PM
I just watched the ESPN E:60 on Travis Roy. Powerful piece. I really can't say much more. Jeez, he's spent half his life in that chair.

Rogie21
10-15-2015, 09:34 AM
all true. and mookie has said over and over that there is a word for 18yo defensemen who can play. 'chris pronger' if charlie was a couple months older and got drafted early he may very well have not been here. BUT...... that doesn't mean he didn't play the role of a turnstile saturday night. we can only go up from here now :D

Speaking of turnstiles, remember when another highly regarded D from the U18s was introduced rudely to college hockey as a freshman? Mentored by Quinn, he eventually improved in the d-zone. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSsNtjiIIjs

Sean Pickett
10-15-2015, 01:06 PM
I realize that the season is underway, but as I was updating my database with player numbers I noticed that Oksanen and Lawrence are both wearing their third different number at BU. That makes them the 9th and 10th Terriers to do so, and Lawrence could become just the second Terrier to wear four different numbers in his BU career next season. Does anyone know who the only Terrier to wear four different numbers was (and what 4 numbers he wore)?

Sean