X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey on Halloween

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if BU is selling an "allotment" of tickets for tonight's game at Hartford? I couldn't find anything on the web site. Or do I just get them from UConnn (or the Civic Center or whatever they call it now)? Thanks...
    They had them but they were sent back to UConn last week, you can get them through UConn's website now. The tickets BU had were towards the top of 118.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      They had them but they were sent back to UConn last week, you can get them through UConn's website now. The tickets BU had were towards the top of 118.
      Great...thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        I have attend BU games for over 30 seasons and researched the program for over 20 years and to the best of my knowledge BU has always announced and published actual attendance figures. If you have evidence otherwise please let me know so I can look into further.

Sean
        I ask as it was routine for Jim Prior to announce "Tonight's attendance 3806" at Walter Brown Arena. Wasn't that a full capacity / sellout?

However several times I remember being aware of a number of tickets going unused (season ticket holder friends who could not attend the game and did not sell them or give them away etc). Yet they still announced attendance as 3806.

If 3806 is a sellout, and we know that at least a few tickets went unused, does logic not tell us they were announcing ticket sold and not actual attendance?

Unless there is some alternate formula?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          I ask as it was routine for Jim Prior to announce "Tonight's attendance 3806" at Walter Brown Arena. Wasn't that a full capacity / sellout?

However several times I remember being aware of a number of tickets going unused (season ticket holder friends who could not attend the game and did not sell them or give them away etc). Yet they still announced attendance as 3806.

If 3806 is a sellout, and we know that at least a few tickets went unused, does logic not tell us they were announcing ticket sold and not actual attendance?

players
          coaches
          writers
          band
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

What I recall is many sellout announcements with varying attendance figures (i.e., actual attendance is announced, but it is also announced as a sellout as all tickets were sold/given away/allotted). What season(s) are you referring to? I have both score sheets and media guides that I can check.

I also believe that Walter Brown Arena did sell some standing room tickets for sold out games, but I don't know that BU ever announced attendance over the stated capacity.

Sean
            Last edited by Sean Pickett; 10-27-2015, 02:00 PM.
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              What I recall is many sellout announcements with varying attendance figures (i.e., actual attendance is announced, but it is also announced as a sellout as all tickets were sold/given away/allotted). What season(s) are you referring to? I have both score sheets and media guides that I can check.

I also believe that Walter Brown Arena did sell some standing room tickets for sold out games, but I don't know that BU ever announced attendance over the stated capacity.

Sean
              I remember it was routine to hear Jim Priors voice stating attendance of 3806. At a quick glance (by USCHO box scores) it lists a 3806 attendance for the following (and I'm sure many others, I didn't look at every game):

10/14/00 vs RPI
              11/17/00 vs UNH
              1/6/01 vs BC
              2/1/01 vs NU
              1/20/02 vs BC
              10/18/02 vs UVM
              11/9/02 vs MC
              11/15/02 vs BC
              etc etc

It seems unlikely that exactly 3806 people entered the arena for multiple games. Perhaps as you stated they let in more than that and never announced above 3806 and thus my assumption that if the game was sold out (including all standing room tickets) that they just announced 3806 as the attendance.
              Last edited by ericredaxe; 10-27-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

You know what the best part of driving to Hartford to watch BU play UConn is? Stopping at Rein's Deli to get something to eat!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  You know what the best part of driving to Hartford to watch BU play UConn is? Stopping at Rein's Deli to get something to eat!
                  A favorite pit-stop on treks to Boston.

Lines are shuffled. An all senior first line; all rookies on the second.
                  Lane-O’Regan-Oksanan
                  Greenway-JFK-Cloonan
                  Greer-Baillargeon-Carpenter
                  Phelps-Moran-Olsson

Hickey-McAvoy
                  Fortunato-MacLeod
                  Somerby-Switzer

LaCouvee
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

only cause all the nardelli's are south or west
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

i have to agree. Not that it's really different then a lot of other places but you(understood) are usually travelling to NYC so it works. Must be Lady Liberty greeting you
                      Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-27-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        only cause all the nardelli's are south or west
                        Mass Pike to 84 to the 684 to the saw mill pwky to the HH pwky . Thats how to get to NYC to avoid traffic and get to Nardelli's to mangia. What's a mattah fa you?

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          Mass Pike to 84 to the 684 to the saw mill pwky to the HH pwky . Thats how to get to NYC to avoid traffic and get to Nardelli's to mangia. What's a mattah fa you?
                          This is by far the best way to get to NYC
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            This is by far the best way to get to NYC
                            No way. Acela or GTFO.

Comment

First game I've been to this year. Just a few thoughts...

1. I wonder where the goals are going to come from
                              2. BU got away with the "25-minute" performances because of tremendous talent last year...they had better play 60 minutes this year or it's going to be a long season...
                              3. Three or four horrendous giveaways in our own end.
                              4. NONE of the goals were LaCouvee's fault...two were open nets, one was a rocket an inch under the crossbar and the fourth was an inexplicable two on none (the fifth didn't matter because the game was over)
                              5. This team takes too many penalties...again
                              6. Missing Grzzzzz didn't help
                              7. This UConn program is going to be VERY good. They have a coach who spent years learning under York and they are a state school with unlimited resources if they decide to allocate them. This is not Merrimack or Bentley. Look out for them...tonight was not a fluke.
                              8. It's going to take some time for this team to jell. Don't look for much until the second half of the season.

Tremendous atmosphere tonight. I have to admit that I enjoyed hearing "Brass Bonanza" for the first time in probably 20 years (although I wasn't happy about the circumstances under which it was played). Didn't get the attendance but it had to be over 6,000. Looks worse in a 17,000 seat arena, but it's an old building and it is LOUD in there. I wonder if they are going to spend money to build a good hockey facility in Storrs. But if they got that many on a Tuesday night, this is a program on the rise with a lot of hunger and enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Didn't get the attendance but it had to be over 6,000.
                                Listed at 5,225. Don't be fooled, the lower bowl there only holds 5,500 or so and there weren't more than a handful in the uppers. There weren't much more than 4,000 in attendance tonight. UConn's been fudging their attendance numbers like crazy since joining HE.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X