X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 4 PM Game Time Attendance

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Not sure what survey that is, but none came to my inbox that I'm seeing. When did it go out?
    It was sent out sometime late spring / early summer after the end of the season. I remember it as I responded favorably for having some 4PM games.

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    Wow, that sucks. Probably our most marquee OOC home game this year.

I swear I trick or treated after dark when I was a kid. Times have changed. (though I think that when we roll the clocks back for EST is later in the calendar now?)
    This year daylight savings is Nov 1st. Sunset on the 31st is 5:39... so yes it will be odd trick or treating in the daylight. Most years previous I think daylight savings was a few days before Halloween so even at 5:00 it was still basically dark.

Yes it sucks that the best OOC game of the year is on a holiday that will keep people with kids from attending.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      This year daylight savings is Nov 1st. Sunset on the 31st is 5:39... so yes it will be odd trick or treating in the daylight. Most years previous I think daylight savings was a few days before Halloween so even at 5:00 it was still basically dark.
      DST has ended the first Sunday in November since 2007. One of the claimed reasons was to give trick-or-treaters an extra hour of daylight for safety.

As has been stated here by others, when I was young we always went out after dark. I am older, but I really don't understand trick-or-treating during daylight; it defeats the whole purpose of Halloween. Then again, having towns set trick-or-treating times, and in some places locations, also defeats the whole purpose of Halloween. Then again, Halloween is much more commercialized now then it was 40 years ago.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        DST has ended the first Sunday in November since 2007. One of the claimed reasons was to give trick-or-treaters an extra hour of daylight for safety.

As has been stated here by others, when I was young we always went out after dark. I am older, but I really don't understand trick-or-treating during daylight; it defeats the whole purpose of Halloween. Then again, having towns set trick-or-treating times, and in some places locations, also defeats the whole purpose of Halloween. Then again, Halloween is much more commercialized now then it was 40 years ago.

Sean
        Interesting. I don't remember that much daylight while trick or treating the past couple of years, but maybe It just because it is dark by the end.... And people do tend to stay out slightly past the designated hours.

I agree it seems odd that towns set the trick or treat hours now. I don't ever remember that from when I was a kid.

Comment

• Hockey on Halloween

For the record, BU has played on Halloween 8 times, 6 at home. Here are the official attendance figures for all 8 games:
          1986 at WBA – 2,774 (opening night)
          1987 at Lowell – 1,182
          1992 at WBA – 3,013 (opening night)
          1997 at WBA – 3,467
          1998 at WBA – 2,886
          2004 at WBA – 3,806 (sellout)
          2009 at HAA - 4,792
          2014 at PC - 2,978 (sellout)

FYI, last year was the first BU Halloween game I have missed.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Re: Hockey on Halloween

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            For the record, BU has played on Halloween 8 times, 6 at home. Here are the official attendance figures for all 8 games:
            1987 at Lowell – 1,182
            1997 at WBA – 3,467
            1998 at WBA – 2,886
            2009 at HAA - 4,792

Sean
            At what point though did BU start announcing actual attendance vs tickets sold?

Edit: For that matter, do we actually know that what they announce for attendance today is number of tickets scanned?
            Last edited by ericredaxe; 10-26-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Interesting. I don't remember that much daylight while trick or treating the past couple of years, but maybe It just because it is dark by the end.... And people do tend to stay out slightly past the designated hours.

I agree it seems odd that towns set the trick or treat hours now. I don't ever remember that from when I was a kid.
              My take on the "arranged" hours is that it held give guidance to parents of younger kids, and allows the police/safety crews focus their time on the streets. Of course, it's not like you can't trick or treat after the allotted hours. You may just be more likely to find houses with their lights off.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                My take on the "arranged" hours is that it held give guidance to parents of younger kids, and allows the police/safety crews focus their time on the streets. Of course, it's not like you can't trick or treat after the allotted hours. You may just be more likely to find houses with their lights off.
                True the posted times are not a law, and it seems to go a little later than the posted time, but in my experience the past few years people do start shutting off their lights and it winds down pretty quickly.

Comment

• Tonight's Webcast

If you subscribe to TerrierTV, you get tonight's BU-UConn game as part of the package.
                  http://www.goterriers.com/collegesportslive/
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Re: Tonight's Webcast

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    If you subscribe to TerrierTV, you get tonight's BU-UConn game as part of the package.
                    http://www.goterriers.com/collegesportslive/
                    Will be interesting to compare this feed to what we have at Agganis. I'm not sure how many schools in HE stream in HD but I figure it's a decent amount of them. I'd think UConn would be one, especially considering the venue.

I'm curious what it'd take to upgrade our equipment. I'm sure it's not the cheapest thing in the world, but it can't be to ridiculous, can it?

Comment

Looking at both Ticketmaster and the Ticket Exchange, it seems as if tickets are available in abundance for the Halloween game.

Comment

• Re: Tonight's Webcast

Originally posted by ZRhett1 View Post
                        I'm curious what it'd take to upgrade our equipment. I'm sure it's not the cheapest thing in the world, but it can't be to ridiculous, can it?
                        In this day and age with HD now standard, I wouldn't think it would be that excessive. As someone pointed out, TerrierTV is a pay service. No excuse for it not being in HD with people paying for it. Some colleges are streaming HD for free.

Comment

Looking at both Ticketmaster and the Ticket Exchange, it seems as if tickets are available in abundance for the Halloween game.
                          I (mis)counted all available seats for the Denver game and came up with 881. I previously counted all the seats at Agganis for the Ticket Price Survey thread and counted 5,960 seats at Agganis, not including suites (BU states a 6,150 capacity for hockey). The students' sections (1,716 seats) and visitors' section (215 seats) are unavailable for the Denver game, as are 84 handicapped seats on the concourse (which may not have been sold, but are not available to select online). So 3,945 tickets (minus any additional visitor seats held back in Section 103) have already been sold outside those seating sections.

Sean
                          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 10-27-2015, 11:06 AM. Reason: corrected seating information

BU Hockey Games
                          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

At what point though did BU start announcing actual attendance vs tickets sold?

Edit: For that matter, do we actually know that what they announce for attendance today is number of tickets scanned?
                            I have attend BU games for over 30 seasons and researched the program for over 20 years and to the best of my knowledge BU has always announced and published actual attendance figures. If you have evidence otherwise please let me know so I can look into further.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              1987 at Lowell – 1,182
                              1997 at WBA – 3,467
                              1998 at WBA – 2,886
                              2009 at HAA - 4,792

Sean
                              IIRC, the 2004 home game on Halloween was a 1pm Sunday game vs. Maine. Plenty of time for trick or treating post-game. http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...on-university/

Given both teams are coming off 7/7:30pm games the night before, I don't think neither BU nor Denver were amenable to an even earlier start on Sat. I previously stated a Sunday afternoon game would've been ideal without affecting Denver's ability to get back in time for classes Monday. But it would have resulted in the additional cost of an extra night's lodging, as I suspect Denver is flying home late Saturday evening following the game.

Comment

Does anyone happen to know if BU is selling an "allotment" of tickets for tonight's game at Hartford? I couldn't find anything on the web site. Or do I just get them from UConnn (or the Civic Center or whatever they call it now)? Thanks...
                                Last edited by chickod; 10-27-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X