X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2015-16: Hobey Roy Kenobi and the Freshman Force

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
    Sully 75,your post should be required reading for all of us,thanks for putting it together,it's time to remember the past and know that the program can be a great one again,and even better than before. #GoNU
    I hereby nominate Sully75 for Post of the Year, at least so far in this increasingly miserable thread. What he says pretty much sums up the continuing sorry state of our once-credible program. See also Post #277.
    Last edited by Split-N; 12-15-2015, 01:50 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      True enough. I personally believe Cronin had the program on the edge of greatness until our inept but oh so Politically Correct AD totally overreacted to a texting practice that was in the process of being legalized while the track coach, who handed out illegal inducements, was allowed to retire, presumably with benefits. His handling of these two situations reveals Peter Roby as an effete hypocrite who left a corrupt track program pretty much alone while transforming the hockey program from the brink of national prominence to the depths of national embarrassment. My contempt for this man knows no bounds.
      Colonel, you are too modest to nominate your own comments as POY, so I will do it for you. You know what happened - what really happened - and probably are as disgusted as I with the actions and demeanor of the HA. We have to remember that colleges are supposed to be non-profit organizations, not representative of the real world.

BTW, I have a ticket for you for the MSU game, if you decide to come north. Give me a call, yea or nay.
      Last edited by HHound; 12-15-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

any predictions on the Michigan State game? Is anyone familiar with their program?

Comment

any predictions on the Michigan State game? Is anyone familiar with their program?
          Almost a mirror image of NU. Different team, different names, same issues.

Comment

Sully 75,your post should be required reading for all of us,thanks for putting it together,it's time to remember the past and know that the program can be a great one again,and even better than before. #GoNU
            ATTENTION DOGHOUSE. Print out Sully75 analysis and distribute/leave on seats at the next home game. It was well thought out, concise and totally accurate. More people need to know how/why this program has been destroyed by the Bozo and his supporters.
            Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
              ATTENTION DOGHOUSE. Print out Sully75 analysis and distribute/leave on seats at the next home game. It was well thought out, concise and totally accurate. More people need to know how/why this program has been destroyed by the Bozo and his supporters.
              Ha. Good idea. The nice Spanish-speaking cleanup crew will enjoy the extra trash.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

While I agree with the post, I think that's the kind of thing to spread around to the people who can talk to the University with their pockets, rather than telling the casual fan students that they're wasting their time even showing up and killing further attendance/morale around the terrible hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                  While I agree with the post, I think that's the kind of thing to spread around to the people who can talk to the University with their pockets, rather than telling the casual fan students that they're wasting their time even showing up and killing further attendance/morale around the terrible hockey team.
                  Agree. The beef is the AD and upper echelons of the administration. It only digs the hole deeper if we take our frustrations out on the players.

Comment

Heading to Matthews tomorrow for hoops and hockey. Is that parking lot off of Columbus going to open, and free as per usual? What is the name of it? Or an address? I gave directions to my cousin who is going but I can't recall the name of the building or lot....I know how to drive there myself but I'm meeting her and her husband. She wants to plug it in the GPS, didn't have any specifics to give her. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Camden Lot.. right after the baseball fields on Columbus ave.
                      Get there early though.. the BB gm is sold out last I checked.. so I'd think a lot of folks would be using the lot for the evening. Cheer (more like pray) for my Huskies since they don't play your team tomorrow.. & Happy Holidays.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        Camden Lot.. right after the baseball fields on Columbus ave.
                        Get there early though.. the BB gm is sold out last I checked.. so I'd think a lot of folks would be using the lot for the evening. Cheer (more like pray) for my Huskies since they don't play your team tomorrow.. & Happy Holidays.
                        To elaborate, entrance to the Camden lot is through the entrance to the Columbus parking garage located directly across from 716 Columbus Ave. (look for the NUPD HQ sign on the front of the bldg. The lot may be full because of the hoops game and I'm not sure if they're going to open the garage to overflow parking (IMO, they should). And yeah, give is a break for once.

Comment

Thanks guys. I know that lot, I park there when BU plays you guys. My cousin and her husband (who is a Mich St alum) were asking. I just know how to get there, not any names, etc. And I don't know what made me think of it but there are three Holiday at Pops shows today. Ugh. I'm going to park at my office and take the T over.

Comment

This has to be the most random hoops/hockey doubleheader ever. There has to be a connection somewhere between athletic directors or coaches...who orchestrated this?

Comment

Roby loves basketball and would do anything for them plus Michigan State's AD apparently has some weird fetish for Matthews' history and his teams having one big cross-country slumber party together.

Globe article about it: https://t.co/ppFfnCk3hI

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                This has to be the most random hoops/hockey doubleheader ever. There has to be a connection somewhere between athletic directors or coaches...who orchestrated this?
                                It's a triple header. Women's hoops played last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X