X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2015-16: Hobey Roy Kenobi and the Freshman Force

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    If anyone is selling or knows of someone selling tickets to the basketball game against Mich St. on 12/19 please inbox me. Looking for up to 4. Thanks
    I can't believe they're selling tickets only as a package deal. I'll be at both the basketball and hockey games that Saturday but now have a ticket to the women's basketball game that I don't know what to do with.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
      Until Madigan resigns or is let go, nobody should be giving the university money.
      With alumni like you, NU doesn't need any other detractors. Apparently you feel that the University exists primarily to sponsor its hockey team. Please try to reassess your priorities and attain the proper perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I can't believe they're selling tickets only as a package deal. I'll be at both the basketball and hockey games that Saturday but now have a ticket to the women's basketball game that I don't know what to do with.
        Lol, I'm surprised the ticket doesn't say "this ticket allows access to Northeastern and Michigan State playing in any sport, at any time, in any venue, ever."
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
          With alumni like you, NU doesn't need any other detractors. Apparently you feel that the University exists primarily to sponsor its hockey team. Please try to reassess your priorities and attain the proper perspective.
          This is a hockey board. His point was (is) spot on.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            This is a hockey board. His point was (is) spot on.
            No, it's not! If you support the University you shouldn't withhold your assistance to the institution simply because one of its athletic teams has disappointed you. That's "subway alumni" thinking. If you want to send a message, send a check to JM with a much smaller contribution (or none at all) to the Fern Flaman Fund and earmark 95% of your contribution to the Dean's Fund of the college you were graduated from. He will get your meaning.

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
              No, it's not! If you support the University you shouldn't withhold your assistance to the institution simply because one of its athletic teams has disappointed you. That's "subway alumni" thinking. If you want to send a message, send a check to JM with a much smaller contribution (or none at all) to the Fern Flaman Fund and earmark 95% of your contribution to the Dean's Fund of the college you were graduated from. He will get your meaning.
              Luckily i will not be sending anything JM's way until he holds the HC position.. and when I do, is directly to the School. But if i had to.. with NU athletics.. this is a good idea. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Team aside, us & the U. has a lot to be thankful for.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                Luckily i will not be sending anything JM's way until he holds the HC position.. and when I do, is directly to the School. But if i had to.. with NU athletics.. this is a good idea. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Team aside, us & the U. has a lot to be thankful for.
                A happy Thanksgiving to you all and to those you care about. Hopefully we Husky hockey fans can enjoy a wonderful three day holiday.

Comment

Sheesh .... UML just tied it at 2-2 on a PP with a 1:00 left. Don't understand why 3 NU players were clumped by the board leaving the middle wide open for the tieing goal. Now UML wins in OT. Good game by the Huskies though.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    Sheesh .... UML just tied it at 2-2 on a PP with a 1:00 left. Don't understand why 3 NU players were clumped by the board leaving the middle wide open for the tieing goal. Now UML wins in OT. Good game by the Huskies though.
                    It's because this team is terrible when it comes to special teams. Three PPs for Lowell tonight, two goals against. Four PPs for NU, including a five minute major, one goal off a scramble in front when the goalie was out of position. As soon as Saucerman got beat and took that penalty I knew Lowell was going to tie it up. Saucerman stood out to me as having a particularly bad night.

Every year Madigan says that they are going to work on special teams and every year they are the death knell of this team.

The team is terrible at defense and while Ruck will make some saves, he will not steal you a game. While I thought the Huskies played better for 50 minutes of tonight's game, it was Lowell who capitalized on their opportunities.
                    Last edited by Motorboaters; 11-27-2015, 05:23 PM.
                    "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      Simple.. its because most D1 schools we play have a f'in D1 Coach.
                      Enjoy Europe, JM.. hope you stay there.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Well, at least they kept the game against the #4 team in the country (United States, not Northern Ireland) close. I watched the last two periods once i got back from the in-laws, neither team really played inspired hockey. Enjoyed the Northern Irish play by play guy. He tried, unlike the dunce former bu player on colour who had trouble getting three words out. Not surprised there, probably another night school graduate.

As I said on another message board, seeing the NU player on the ice hurting after blocking the shot that led to the GwG for UML, somewhat poetic in a sick way. All pain, no gain for the squad this year. That tying goal was straight out of last years Beanpot final, just swap out Benning for Sauce. Both guys get caught by a forward flying right by them, and get called for a ticky-tacky penalty. Followed up by a JM special teams favorite play, three guys on one side of the ice, puck goes across the ice, and goal.

Frustrating, but not much you can do about it. The offense is not producing much. Third weekend in a row the 5 minute Power Play is just a chance for the opposing team to work on their penalty kill.

They just never seem like they are going to pull one out. Something is missing from this team that is beyond the coaching and lack of talent at certain positions. They just look like they are going through the motions. I wish I could see more fight in them, some more stuff after the whistle. Saw some of that against ND, a little less against PC, they play like the are resigned to their fate.

At least they held a lead in this game of over 2 minutes. First time this season they held a lead for more then 10 minutes, and they did that twice! Maybe they liked it and will try it some more.

Hopefully they start Roy in net tomorrow before BC next weekend. Ruck could use a break from all the losing.
                        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Even with a man down, JM should have called a TO to make sure everyone got their assignments straight.

NU should have won that game if they did the PK right with only with 1:10 left. Even if JM did not say anything, as a player on the ice you have to make sure you communicate with each other what you're going to do to minimize UML's chances to score. As a player, you should know better than to clump up like that.

Play your box and keep them to the perimeter and don't clump up like they did. If you're going to do that make sure you get to the puck first and get the puck out of the zone. It looked like the 3 guys had a chance to do that but for some reason they kind of backed off and played around by trying to get possession in the zone to milk the clock. But once UML got the puck, it immediately went to the middle where UML had a 2 on 1. Ruck had no chance on the shot as the UML player picked the corner as he was looking at 2 UML players. Whoever was the NU player should have just taken one player instead of standing in the middle of the 2 guys and let Ruck go 1 on 1 with the shooter. But instead he had to worry about 2 guys and guess what they were going to do on a 2 on 1.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Where is Kevin Roy? Does anybody really know?
                            These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                              Where is Kevin Roy? Does anybody really know?
                              "officially" he has an upper body injury suffered or aggravated against bu.

Comment

Five for fries in one period!!! The players must be finally ignoring the "coaching".
                                Last edited by Motorboaters; 11-28-2015, 12:10 PM.
                                "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Working...
                                X