This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2015-16: Hobey Roy Kenobi and the Freshman Force

Huskies have nothing to lose (except a head coach) this weekend and everything to gain,as someone once said "you cant fall out of the cellar"

Let it be said my previous statement is probably fodder for someone's witty or sarcastic (see mookie) remarks-have at it! Go Huskies! I still love them!

Comment

Hi all,

It looks like the Belfast Tournament will be shown live on NESN:

http://nesn.com/tv-schedule/2015/11/27/
      http://nesn.com/tv-schedule/2015/11/28/

There will be evening replays of all games as well.

Saturday's games will be live on Nesn+
      http://nesn.com/nesnplus-schedule/
      Last edited by Middle Street; 11-20-2015, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Brilliant!
        With our superb playmaking.. our games should be on TV for all to watch, Thanksgiving weekend & all.

just have to tackle couple small gms between now & then.. should be quick work..
        make mincemeat out of some National Champ.. #1 seed (polls are over rated anyway).. that is why we avoid them completely.

With his stellar coaching.. so happy Madigan is leaving the country, Monday. Can he take Roby as well?
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          Hi all,

It looks like the Belfast Tournament will be shown live on NESN:

http://nesn.com/tv-schedule/2015/11/27/
          http://nesn.com/tv-schedule/2015/11/28/

Thanks so much for the info

There will be evening replays of all games as well.

Saturday's games will be live on Nesn+
          http://nesn.com/nesnplus-schedule/
          Thanks so much for all the info! I passed it on,looking forward to it! also as to the the poster "Northeastern" you had me rolling,well said,as usual

Should be a fun weekend with PC-Have a Happy and peaceful Thanksgiving all USCHO folks and your families,all of you,even Mookie

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

With his stellar coaching.. so happy Madigan is leaving the country, Monday. Can he take Roby as well?
            Madigan is going to visit the land of his ancestors. If Roby actually has ancestors, I can't imagine where they are from, but I do have some suggestions of where I wish he would go!

Believe it or not: NU earned 5 of the last 8 points possible against PC. It would be pure oxygen for all of us if they could pick up 2 this weekend.

Comment

Hope he likes it & can permanently settle in his ancestral lands..
              (least then there'd be a HC vacancy)

Anyway, all i want is a hockey team @ NU once more.. let's go boys!

#OurBelpotChancesTheSameAsOurBeanpotChances
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

#1 in the country in not getting any shots on big 5 minute power-plays...
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  #1 in the country in not getting any shots on big 5 minute power-plays...
                  ..among so many other stats heading in the wrong direction since.. 'the hire'.

anywhoo..
                  another practice game for our opponent.

but what the heck.. madigan is a cool guy and he's well liked (ahem..). plus.. he's taking the kids sightseeing to europe.

perhaps he can befriend a hockey coach there..get some pointers. bring some euro skills back to campus. would be a nice souvenir..

i can tell you an orange cone behind the bench wouldn't hurt us any.. (more).. right now.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

First time checking in this season and it seems like a massive "LOL" is in order.

It's been about two years since I've been to a game, and I will continue to hold out until something is done about this program. Any other season ticketholders/donors who aren't doing the same are simply continuing to aid in this circus.
                    On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                    If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
                      First time checking in this season and it seems like a massive "LOL" is in order.

It's been about two years since I've been to a game, and I will continue to hold out until something is done about this program. Any other season ticketholders/donors who aren't doing the same are simply continuing to aid in this circus.
                      Well done. I'm the idiot who still goes to games when I have a weekend night free. It would make my weekends a lot better/less expensive if I stopped watching until a real coach was behind the bench.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Why did Kevin Roy not not play today?
                        Was he out there for warm ups?

Comment

Originally posted by lmj007 View Post
                          Why did Kevin Roy not not play today?
                          Was he out there for warm ups?
                          From Mark Divver Providence Journal :
                          Both teams, who will play again on Saturday in Boston, were missing key performers. Trevor Mingoia, PC’s second-leading scorer with 12 points in nine games, sat out with a lower-body injury. Northeastern’s Kevin Roy, who was expected to contend for the Hockey East scoring championship but has just five assists in 11 games, is day to day with an upper-body injury.

Comment

I thought Northeastern outplayed PC until the five minute major was called. PC woke up and then the game was over
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

depending about how you feel about the Basketball program at NU (both Men and Women off to a 3-0 start) I would ask you what moves Roby more,a 1-9-2 Hockey program or both his BBall teams undefeated? Oh yeah I forgot Boston's not a Hockey town,who watches Hockey around Boston? the answer should be obvious and shameful!

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                                From Mark Divver Providence Journal :
                                Both teams, who will play again on Saturday in Boston, were missing key performers. Trevor Mingoia, PC’s second-leading scorer with 12 points in nine games, sat out with a lower-body injury. Northeastern’s Kevin Roy, who was expected to contend for the Hockey East scoring championship but has just five assists in 11 games, is day to day with an upper-body injury.
                                WRBB reported this first, we can be followed on Twitter @wrbbsports. Roy out again tomorrow night per Madigan.
                                Last edited by josh_brown; 11-20-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X