X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

In other HE action tonight:

- Notre Dame defeated BC 4-3. The Irish scored the final three goals and got the game winner with 22 seconds left in the 3rd.
    - Providence continues to roll as they defeated Brown 4-1.

Comment

I was playing around with the UML athletics site. They've decided to audio record the players names across sports... it plays with a simple click. Bob recorded all the hockey players names. I'm not usually one to doubt Bob... but is that REALLY how you pronounce the finnish goalie's name? Is there a mis-spelling I'm missing because it doesn't make sense/doesn't follow.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        I was playing around with the UML athletics site. They've decided to audio record the players names across sports... it plays with a simple click. Bob recorded all the hockey players names. I'm not usually one to doubt Bob... but is that REALLY how you pronounce the finnish goalie's name? Is there a mis-spelling I'm missing because it doesn't make sense/doesn't follow.
        I know exactly what you're talking about. I noticed that when watching the player profile videos before the start of the season. Here is Chris saying his own name: https://youtu.be/6k0luxcyT9E

Also, on all of the line sheets they post on twitter they have the pronunciation listed as Hahn-betty: https://twitter.com/RiverHawkHockey/...33730573688832

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          I know exactly what you're talking about. I noticed that when watching the player profile videos before the start of the season. Here is Chris saying his own name: https://youtu.be/6k0luxcyT9E

Also, on all of the line sheets they post on twitter they have the pronunciation listed as Hahn-betty: https://twitter.com/RiverHawkHockey/...33730573688832

weird

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

This includes a small piece on Carter Hutton, also brings up Roloson.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The school released an extended recap of the Friendship Four:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUsTn61ncFU

Comment

It's nice to see former River Hawk Kim Brandvold getting some credit for his work with the Boston Bruins organization.

Skating tutorials helped Vatrano

Frank Vatrano’s best asset is his shot. But his legs put him in position to let loose his rocket. The Bruins rookie has been good at accelerating in races for the puck. He’s also been effective at maneuvering around defenders once the puck is on his stick. Vatrano credited skating coach Kim Brandvold for helping him progress from collegiate to professional pace, specifically with his edgework, initial strides, and lateral movement. Brandvold first got his hands on Vatrano in July. The forward received more tutoring in Providence from Brandvold before and after practices. “It’s just about keeping your stride simple and staying low,” Vatrano said of Brandvold’s teachings. “It’s something we work on. My inside edges was something I wanted to work on and opening up. For me, it’s about creating offense, and it’s good to have that subtle deception in your stride on defensemen.”
                https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...BnI/story.html

Comment

In other UML news: UMass Lowell to purchase former Notini property.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Knew that was coming. I was expecting it to be another dorm, but recreational fields are a plus. That is one thing the campus desperately needs.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      Knew that was coming. I was expecting it to be another dorm, but recreational fields are a plus. That is one thing the campus desperately needs.
                      agreed... has the neighborhood across the street become good enough that there's enough of a buffer from the crap though? Otherwise, that property will need vigilant monitoring.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Any video coverage for the upcoming Three Rivers Classic?
                        What did you say?
                        Who own the Chiefs?
                        What did he say?
                        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                          Any video coverage for the upcoming Three Rivers Classic?
                          I checked and it doesn't look like there was a stream for this tournament last season, so I think the radio broadcast is all we'll have.

Comment

Oh boy...

Will there be more to this story?
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Heading to Pitt go root for the boys hope to see some die hards

Comment

Speaking of Pittsburgh, Scott Wilson got his first NHL point tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X