This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Haven't seen it yet but my Aunt was watching and could not understand why they were allowed to maul the goalie.
    "Maul" is a pretty dramatic word to use - the whistle hadn't been blown, so the Brown players kept playing. They did nothing wrong, given that the ref hadn't brought the play to an end.

Now, I'm not going to pretend to understand why the play wasn't blown dead immediately after Boyle covered the puck. That's a total mystery.

Anyway, it was an entertaining encounter today. I think Lowell is definitely a top-5 team right now - there's some seriously impressive talent on that roster. Congrats on your trophy!

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Those were some nifty moves by Zink in the shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        "Maul" is a pretty dramatic word to use - the whistle hadn't been blown, so the Brown players kept playing. They did nothing wrong, given that the ref hadn't brought the play to an end.

Now, I'm not going to pretend to understand why the play wasn't blown dead immediately after Boyle covered the puck. That's a total mystery.

Anyway, it was an entertaining encounter today. I think Lowell is definitely a top-5 team right now - there's some seriously impressive talent on that roster. Congrats on your trophy!
        My Aunt is 81 years old and a homer. When I watched it looked like the refs were right. He hadn't covered the puck from what I could see but that was from an angle in the back.

Much less of a cardiac moment when you are watching 3 hours after it happened and you know the outcome

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          My Aunt is 81 years old and a homer. When I watched it looked like the refs were right. He hadn't covered the puck from what I could see but that was from an angle in the back.

Much less of a cardiac moment when you are watching 3 hours after it happened and you know the outcome
          No whistle was iffy but I agree with boblav. No way that guy should have been allowed to stand there and take multiple wacks at Boyle's glove. Riverhawks were spectators on that play.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
            No whistle was iffy but I agree with boblav. No way that guy should have been allowed to stand there and take multiple wacks at Boyle's glove. Riverhawks were spectators on that play.
            That's what bothered me the most, not that the ref didn't blow the whistle but that Lowell players were MIA and not clearing the guy out of there. Something that hopefully the coaching staff zeros in on during video review with the team.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Zink had a monster weekend. But the tie drops us from 7 to 10 in PWR but still only November and still only one loss on the season.

Lowell shows a lot of resiliency and character, coming back both nights, no lead is safe against them. Then again, they need to lock down and not give up any more two goal leads. On to UConn.
              They are back up to 8th after last night and as it turns out, they still would still be in 8th even if they had defeated Brown. I think UML has been dropping due to a combination of the ties, OOC records beyond their control and the teams above them keep winning.

As of right now there are 6 teams with 1 loss or less. That's a high number for this late into the season.

Hopefully they can improve and take care of business this upcoming weekend. I'm glad they are not playing Friday night and will have an extra day to rest after flying back from Europe.

Comment

Is the Belpot trophy that tiny little bell they were holding after the shootout win?

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                  Is the Belpot trophy that tiny little bell they were holding after the shootout win?
                  Yes! Underwhelming right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    Yes! Underwhelming right?
                    I thought maybe that was a secondary trophy you wave around until they hand you the real deal.
                    On to UConn.

Comment

I thought it was pretty cool. Different. I liked the other things they gave out too. Do they get to take the bell home?

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        I thought it was pretty cool. Different. I liked the other things they gave out too. Do they get to take the bell home?
                        I definitely liked the idea of the winning team getting to ring the bell. I guess I just had visions of something like those soccer trophies they give out over there with the ribbons hanging off the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          I was wondering this as well. It's apparently an old bell, so if they do, I assume they have to give it back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                            I was wondering this as well. It's apparently an old bell, so if they do, I assume they have to give it back next year.
                            It is old by our standards but not to theirs. That is practically new.

Comment

Dylan Zink has been named Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                Dylan Zink has been named Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week.
                                He certainly deserved an award. Even though he plays defense, with two GWGs, he should have been awarded the Offensive Player of The Week.

Comment

Working...
                                X