Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU @ Wisconsin: Hello! Is There Anybody Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU @ Wisconsin: Hello! Is There Anybody Out There?

So the season starts Friday... On paper, NMU should sweep... But who knows?

Yay hockey!
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU @ Wisconsin: Hello! Is There Anybody Out There?

I'm very much looking forward to the '15-'16 edition of the Cats. There was a lot of potential last year on that team, but due to injuries, it was a season to forget. With a good chunk of the scoring coming back from last year, a healthy Dahlstrom, and a pretty strong d-corps, I think NMU has the potential to be the surprise of the WCHA. This will be Wisco's first opportunity to skate against an opponent, not having played an exhibition game. THat would probably give NMU a bit of an advantage, particularly Friday night. I don't expect the Badgers to roll over by any means, but man-for-man, Northern should take both of these games.

Comment

I'd be happy with a split. I'm not sure if Dahlstrom is completely healed yet although he is supposed start this weekend. A goalie coming back from knee surgery makes me nervous.

Reading the Wisconsin thread would lead you to believe they have one of the worst teams in the country. I have a hard time believing that and expect a spirited team looking for revenge from last season in Green Bay. Luckily, after last season's injury bug, many of the Cats have something to prove too.

Comment

At any given time, Wisconsin could have Boeser, Dvorak, and Zulinick up front, Dougherty and Keegan Ford on the blue line, and Opilka in goal! That's a pretty formidable lineup. Oh...wait... (For any NMU fans reading this, none of those guys play for UW, when they "should" be on the team this year.)

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
        Reading the Wisconsin thread would lead you to believe they have one of the worst teams in the country. I have a hard time believing that and expect a spirited team looking for revenge from last season in Green Bay.
        They've got guys who can score. Some will even be on the ice at the same time as one another. I've been looking at the list of players and potential lines in a notepad file on my laptop the past few days. There are too many question marks depth-wise. Hopefully the Badgers found a diamond in the rough with Jurusik, but goaltending is an unknown as well. Spirit and hunger for revenge can only get you so far. The name on the front of the jersey (and any prestige associated with it) doesn't give you free goals, either.

I'll be there, and I'll cheer loudly. I'll be sad when I look out across the sea of red plastic. At least I know I'll be near fellow fans. And hey...if the Badgers lose, people around town won't know!

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
          I'm very much looking forward to the '15-'16 edition of the Cats. There was a lot of potential last year on that team, but due to injuries, it was a season to forget. With a good chunk of the scoring coming back from last year, a healthy Dahlstrom, and a pretty strong d-corps, I think NMU has the potential to be the surprise of the WCHA. This will be Wisco's first opportunity to skate against an opponent, not having played an exhibition game. THat would probably give NMU a bit of an advantage, particularly Friday night. I don't expect the Badgers to roll over by any means, but man-for-man, Northern should take both of these games.
          I would not be surprised if NMU is the surprise team. The only ones who should be surprised are those who don't know the team very well.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

NM is picked to finish 7th in the wcha, on paper UW isn't mega over matched. They have had a nice infusion of talented forwards, picked up 2 talented coaches and absolutely zero experience in goal except for Miller's minutes in Bawstin a few years ago. I can see if going NM sweep, UW sweep or split. I think it's wide open at this point.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              NM is picked to finish 7th in the wcha, on paper UW isn't mega over matched. They have had a nice infusion of talented forwards, picked up 2 talented coaches and absolutely zero experience in goal except for Miller's minutes in Bawstin a few years ago. I can see if going NM sweep, UW sweep or split. I think it's wide open at this point.
              Whoever picked them to finish 7th. Well... they are pretty dense to do so. I see them as a strong 3rd or 4th. The NMU that began the season... and was doing very well... was not the same team to end the season. They had tons of injuries. Well, those injured players are back... and healthy.

I predict a NMU sweep. NMU wins Friday 3-1 and Saturday 4-0.
              Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                Whoever picked them to finish 7th. Well... they are pretty dense to do so. I see them as a strong 3rd or 4th. The NMU that began the season... and was doing very well... was not the same team to end the season. They had tons of injuries. Well, those injured players are back... and healthy.

I predict a NMU sweep. NMU wins Friday 3-1 and Saturday 4-0.
                I think that the media voters, myself included, didn't know what to think about Dahlström's injury. If he's where he was last year, and the injury bug isn't biting Kyle's kids? Yeah, that's the #4 team. If not? Well, there's a muddle between 4-8.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Been a long, long offseason... The road to redemption begins tonight... I expect this team to be somewhere in March... One step at a time though...

GO CATS GO!
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I'm thinking ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by TJbadgerfan View Post
                      I'm thinking ice cream.
                      Kunin hat trick (choo choo), Besse and Hughes with 1 each. Miller scores an empty netter. Because why not?

Comment

Let's GO RED!!!
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                          I'd be happy with a split. I'm not sure if Dahlstrom is completely healed yet although he is supposed start this weekend. A goalie coming back from knee surgery makes me nervous.

Reading the Wisconsin thread would lead you to believe they have one of the worst teams in the country. I have a hard time believing that and expect a spirited team looking for revenge from last season in Green Bay. Luckily, after last season's injury bug, many of the Cats have something to prove too.
                          I'd bee happy with a split too
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

13 shots in the first is more than all but one game for the badgers last year. It also matches the attendance tonight.

Comment

Two quick nmu goals puts them in the lead 2-1

Comment

Working...
                              X