Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    While the Gophers have been showing some improved play (specifically against PSU and MI), I think the scoring streak is a bit overhyped. It was really just one game...the second PSU game and in a single game, it takes two teams to deliver results. Beyond that, the MSU weekend scoring was no better than average. Outside a ENG, we averaged 3 1/2 goals a game...and this against a team ranking in the bottom 5 of the PWR.
    I have to disagree. Anything over 3 goals per game gives you a chance to win in any league from Juniors to the NHL. I'll take the 3.5 Gs/game against any team, any day of the week. BTW 3.5 is only .01 less than last season's avg. Overhyped? Not at all. Since early Dec. over the last 10 games (7-3-0) the Gophers have avg. 3.7 goals/game. This team has shown good progress. When it works hard and plays smart, the offense can bury pucks and I don't see any indication of overconfidence with this team.

Comment

Sure

Anytime this team gets overconfident it languishes. Anytime this team gets behind the eight ball it gets energized. This team should still be energized but two softer teams back to back can't help that.
      The second of these soft teams is a rival so I would hope that helps the energy level!
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
        I have to disagree. Anything over 3 goals per game gives you a chance to win in any league from Juniors to the NHL. I'll take the 3.5 Gs/game against any team, any day of the week. BTW 3.5 is only .01 less than last season's avg. Overhyped? Not at all. Since early Dec. over the last 10 games (7-3-0) the Gophers have avg. 3.7 goals/game. This team has shown good progress. When it works hard and plays smart, the offense can bury pucks and I don't see any indication of overconfidence with this team.
        Don't c-block the Debbie Downer narrative.

Sure

Anytime this team gets overconfident it languishes. Anytime this team gets behind the eight ball it gets energized. This team should still be energized but two softer teams back to back can't help that.
        The team is not going to be over, under or baby-bear confident because of what fans post on a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
          I did say the team is playing better...esp against PSU and MI. I could say it again.

Point remains its little premature about getting excited about what has been called 'a 3 game scoring streak'...which included 2 games averaging 3.5 goals at home against technically one of the 5 worst teams in college hockey.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          The team is not going to be over, under or baby-bear confident because of what fans post on a message board.
          Who said that? I know your really trying to participate.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Who said that? I know your really trying to participate.
            Are you being intentionally obtuse? First you try to downplay the positive results by ignoring the bigger picture then you speak to somehow being able to know the pulse of the team's confidence levels - directly following what fans were discussing here. You can stop patting yourself on the back for trying to be the site's best contrarian and then get over yourself. Thanks.

Comment

I did say the team is playing better...esp against PSU and MI. I could say it again. Point remains its little premature about getting excited about what has been called 'a 3 game scoring streak'...which included 2 games averaging 3.5 goals at home against technically one of the 5 worst teams in college hockey.
              It doesn't matter to me under what circumstances a scoring streak emerges at this stage of the season. Kloos has a legitimate 3 game scoring streak and that's always a good thing. For a guy that has struggled meeting scoring expectations this season, he's attempting to improve his play and I'm excited for him. I thought MSU played especially hard on Sat. and the Gophers needed to step up their game to beat them led by Kloos' opening goal in the third.

I'm new around here, but from what I've read of your posts you appear to be consistently overly pessimistic about the Gophers. This is an open forum and everyone is free to post their opinions. But I think you stepped over the line when you attempted to tell me or anyone else what I can or cannot get excited about the Gophers this season.

Comment

Yet another article about our head coach in today's Strib, which follows up on last week's City Pages hit piece:

Don Lucia tells criticized Gophers hockey players he's proud of them
                http://www.startribune.com/lucia-tel...hem/366149171/
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Really solid win on the road against long-time rival Wisconsin. Hopefully the Gophs can come away with the SWEEP tomorrow night.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-s...son/366279131/
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

We're comin'... we're comin'

Gettin' hot...

Comment

Don't tell anyone I said this, but your goalie looks solid, thought UW should have been awarded a goal for making him bleed.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Solid weekend for the Gophers, good to see.
                        Hope Novak is ok.....
                        Trying to think of something positive to say about bucky.....they didn't start a fight in the handshake line. So there is that.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Don't even bother saying anything positive.

Closest I can come is to be grateful that the game has graduated from the mid-90s when some of this **** would've gone unpenalized.

Any word on Novak?
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Closest I can come is to be grateful that the game has graduated from the mid-90s when some of this **** would've gone unpenalized.

Any word on Novak?
                            Not that I've seen. I'm assuming concussion with how stiff he looked. The back of his head hit the ice hard. He was unconscious for a bit there.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Any word on Novak?
                              In the post game interview, coach Lucia said he was fine. Evidently, he was responding well.
                              "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Well at least there's that.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X