Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I was thinking after going up 4-0 on Friday that the Gophs weren't used to playing with a big lead. Sure enough, they noticeably let up and nearly gave the Spartans a chance to steal it back. Hopefully lesson learned.
    Yeah, you could almost see the spirited play carry over from the PSU series. And then it kind of languished when the competition didn't rise to the occasion.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      There will be opportunities to move up. At least they're in the conversation now. I remember at the beginning of the year I said they'd be better than people think they are. That's starting to happen.
      I was behind the "let them gel/mature a little" sentiment, maybe not as much as tArrogance requires, but I didn't question that theory at the time. Hopefully this continues.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Interesting to see NoDak's obsession with us continue and take over Michigan's season thread. Those *** Hawks just can't let it go, can they...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          Interesting to see NoDak's obsession with us continue and take over Michigan's season thread. Those *** Hawks just can't let it go, can they...
          Separation anxiety.

Now that their mascot has been resigned to the dustbin of history, the Chickenhawks need a new one.

Anyone have a picture of Foghorn Leghorn?

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
            Separation anxiety.
            They are truly lost without their master.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              Really? Go back and take another look. One North Dakota poster, with a couple of posts in that thread. How many gopher posters, with how many posts, just in the last couple of days in that thread?
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Really? Go back and take another look. One North Dakota poster, with a couple of posts in that thread. How many gopher posters, with how many posts, just in the last couple of days in that thread?
                That just proves we are everywhere... ready to smack down a hawk when needed.

It's about content, not the number. Pretty sure it wasn't us that kept it going.

Comment

For those who missed this article in today's StarTribune.

http://www.startribune.com/don-lucia...eat/365860111/
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    For those who missed this article in today's StarTribune.

http://www.startribune.com/don-lucia...eat/365860111/
                    “I’ll be 58 this summer, I still love being with the kids,” the Gophers hockey coach said Tuesday. “Am I going to be coaching when I’m 70? No. But I still want to do it for a while longer. How long that is? I don’t know.”
                    That reads like a Jerry Sandusky quote.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Except that it doesn't

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...ees/366001471/

http://www.gophersports.com/blog/201...-now-open.html
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I like the offensive output we're seeing from these three guys over the past three games (9-9-18): Kloos 3-5-8 (three game scoring streak), Fasching 4-1-5, Bristedt 2-3-5. I don't think they'll make the Hobey cut, but I hope the offense continues to bury pucks this weekend in Madison to come out with another much needed sweep on the road.

Comment

While the Gophers have been showing some improved play (specifically against PSU and MI), I think the scoring streak is a bit overhyped. It was really just one game...the second PSU game and in a single game, it takes two teams to deliver results. Beyond that, the MSU weekend scoring was no better than average. Outside a ENG, we averaged 3 1/2 goals a game...and this against a team ranking in the bottom 5 of the PWR.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              While the Gophers have been showing some improved play (specifically against PSU and MI), I think the scoring streak is a bit overhyped. It was really just one game...the second PSU game and in a single game, it takes two teams to deliver results. Beyond that, the MSU weekend scoring was no better than average. Outside a ENG, we averaged 3 1/2 goals a game...and this against a team ranking in the bottom 5 of the PWR.
                              Well, thanks for that buzkill......

"It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                                Well, thanks for that buzkill......

Sure

Anytime this team gets overconfident it languishes. Anytime this team gets behind the eight ball it gets energized. This team should still be energized but two softer teams back to back can't help that.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X