Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by JoeGopher View Post
    I'm guessing playing SCSU, Harvard, Michigan, and Notre Dame probably had something to do with that, but I am not sure how it garner's a #2 ranking.
    I was surprised too but math is math, and as of today Minny has the #2 SOS and No Dak is at #26 per RPI.
    Old time hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Toe Blake View Post
      I was surprised too but math is math, and as of today Minny has the #2 SOS and No Dak is at #26 per RPI.
      Take a look at UND's non-conference schedule. Not a single game against a team in the top half of college hockey.

Comment

I'm guessing playing SCSU, Harvard, Michigan, and Notre Dame probably had something to do with that, but I am not sure how it garner's a #2 ranking.
        And Duluth, Mankato and Penn St are also ranked. That's a pretty solid schedule.

Comment

Over .500 at last! Hope they keep improving on that. Also coming within striking distance of a spot in the big dance, but not much margin to screw up.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            Over .500 at last! Hope they keep improving on that. Also coming within striking distance of a spot in the big dance, but not much margin to screw up.
            Critical to not take a step backwards in Madison. Normally you're satisfied with a split on the road, but probably not this time.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

16th is not good enough, and we all know that. Have to be at least 14th in the PWR to make it.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Critical to not take a step backwards in Madison. Normally you're satisfied with a split on the road, but probably not this time.
                Agreed. Can't give up points to a crappy and currently 40th in the PWR Wisconsin team.

This teams seems to be figuring some stuff out, hopefully they keep that rolling in Madison and then into some important NC games in the NSCC.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I can't say I am ever 'satisfied' with a split. I want to see a sweep every week. Maybe 'acceptable', is how I view a road split. But in the case of next week's series, nothing but a sweep is acceptable. One of those weeks where victories don't feel much better than 'relief' they didn't blow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    16th is not good enough, and we all know that. Have to be at least 14th in the PWR to make it.
                    There will be opportunities to move up. At least they're in the conversation now. I remember at the beginning of the year I said they'd be better than people think they are. That's starting to happen.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Scooby - The glass needs an adjustment.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Of course there are those that are stepping up on offense. But I think that a strength of the team right now is depth on defense. Brod and Bischoff have been discussed for some time as solid. But I'm seeing Johnson's game take a big step up...and Glover is looking pretty good too. The D side of the ice doesn't have the star power of Reilly, but if we every shift we've got D that can make plays...depth at the blue line means we're never far from a goal.

Having said that, I'm still a bit nervous about this team's energy when we play a softer team. We might have blown out MSU in either game, but didn't.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

To be fair, mich state goalie played lights out saturday night. He found his mojo from last season.

Comment

Conversely, those teams all playing Minnesota hurts their strength-of-schedule rankings.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Conversely, those teams all playing Minnesota hurts their strength-of-schedule rankings.
                              We're comin', we're comin'...

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                Having said that, I'm still a bit nervous about this team's energy when we play a softer team. We might have blown out MSU in either game, but didn't.
                                I was thinking after going up 4-0 on Friday that the Gophs weren't used to playing with a big lead. Sure enough, they noticeably let up and nearly gave the Spartans a chance to steal it back. Hopefully lesson learned.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X