Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    He was one of the last two cut, if that's what you mean.
    Yes, that's what I meant.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

This team has shown signs recently that maybe they can turn this season around and play their best hockey down the stretch when it counts the most. Hoping for good second half of Gopher hockey. Merry Christmas everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
        Merry Christmas everybody!
        My wish was that Santa would bring the Gophers a strong second half and a berth in the NCAA's. Here's hoping he comes through...

Comment

This team has shown signs recently that maybe they can turn this season around and play their best hockey down the stretch when it counts the most. Hoping for good second half of Gopher hockey. Merry Christmas everybody!
          Unfortunately those 'signs' come primarily from one game where they held on. The three previous were UMI pretty much taking us behind the toolshed and us hanging on to sneak by a cellar dweller in over time at home. But the guy's last game was pretty inspired.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Unfortunately those 'signs' come primarily from one game where they held on. The three previous were UMI pretty much taking us behind the toolshed and us hanging on to sneak by a cellar dweller in over time at home. But the guy's last game was pretty inspired.
            I can live with one bad performance out of 15 starts by Schierhorn in the opener against Mich. I thought OSU played a tough series at Mariucci, far above what their record indicates in the 2 OT losses. What I saw from the Gophers was they worked extremely hard for a come from behind win in OT on Fasching's laser one-timer, and then in the next game they got needed scoring from the top line from Justin Kloos (4 pts.) and Tyler Sheehy (3 pts.) including his first two-goal game, and then quickly ended it with a rabid siege on Frey on the OT goal by Bristedt. When they work hard, play smart and Schierhorn is on his game, this team gets little better with every game.

Comment

Anyone know off-hand how typical it's been for the Gophers to not be represented on the USA World Junior Team? I was wondering about this when I saw that Collins was cut from this year's team. It would be fun to see a list of Gopher players, by year, who have made it.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Anyone know off-hand how typical it's been for the Gophers to not be represented on the USA World Junior Team? I was wondering about this when I saw that Collins was cut from this year's team. It would be fun to see a list of Gopher players, by year, who have made it.
                Page 116 of their media guide, if you're interested: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...edia_Guide.pdf
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Read this a few days ago:

This is only the second time in 40 World Juniors that a Minnesota player will not be represented at the World Juniors and third time (Thomas Vanek represented Austria in 2004) a Gopher is not on Team USA.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    Page 116 of their media guide, if you're interested: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...edia_Guide.pdf
                    Read this a few days ago:
                    Thanks to both of you. I suspected there were very few years when no Gophers were representing our country, as it always seemed we were shorthanded for our games when the Worlds were taking place. But I'm very surprised at just how few there have been in all those years. It was also fun going through the list and remembering all the great Gopher players who did go. Anyway I hope our USA team continues to do well; they're certainly off to a great start.

Comment

Article on former Gopher Lance Pitlick and his hockey business. His son Rem has verbally committed to the U.

Former NHL Player and His Family Make Hockey a Priority
                      http://plymouthmag.com/former-nhl-pl...ockey-priority

Comment

Tickets for the Mariucci Classic now as low as $15.

https://www.mygophersports.com/Onlin...ampaign=122815

Comment

When Kyle Criscuolo, Harvard's MVP of the MC, scored with 33 seconds left in the third period it was the third time the Gophers' lost a third period lead (MSUM and SCSU). That speaks to playing a full 60 minutes, eliminating turnovers and learning to play sound position hockey with poise to close good teams out in the waning stages of the game.

Young, inexperienced teams tend to fold under severe pressure against talented, veteran teams with a killer instinct. To their credit, the Gophers have proven they have the tenacity to bury the puck to come from behind and capture a lead. They've just got to learn how to keep it. With a another critical series at Penn State this weekend, and their offense sitting at #2 in the Big Ten avg. 5 goals/game and their D at #1 with 1.5 GA, hopefully the Gophers will have finally learned their lesson.

Comment

Learning how to close out games, in his post-game radio interviews that's a constant theme for Lucia. It's obvious that whenever they fail to do that it really frustrates him.

Comment

Not a high scoring team? Nice 7-1 rebound drubbing of Penn St. today after a tough OT loss. The most goals/game scored this season for the Gophers. Good move to replace Collins with Sadek on D. The second line (Bristedt, Novak, Fasching) was bumped up as the starting line for this game. Can't remember when I've seen 2 SH goals (Fasching) in a game. Nice to see the Kloos line bury some puck as well (Kloos, Sheehy). Now if we can sweep the Spartans at home it will be the first time this team has put three Ws together.

Comment

Now if we can sweep the Spartans at home it will be the first time this team has put three Ws together.
                                IF being the key word, SteveO. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, you know one game at a time and all that.

Comment

Working...
                                X