Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Gophers up to 30th in Pairwise (of 60 teams). Few more wins and they might pass Holy Cross. Michigan and Penn State in top 15. And Quinnipiac is looking like they want to be a perrenial power, not just a team that got lucky a few years ago to have everything fall into place.

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/wild-reca...lin/360050841/

Article on Mike Reilly recall by Wild. Lowest plus minus in AHL (although team apparently is bad).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Skate more girls, play team defense and actually attack the opponents' nets with hardnosed play?
        I think we have the "girls" part down....
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Man, that game last night felt like a trainwreck two hours in the making. As it turns out, the rails were realigned at the last second and tragedy was averted.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

It was good to see the home team make the comeback and win at the end for a change. You could tell from the quotes in the paper that they felt good about it, or more like relieved. Now we'll see if they can put two in a row together, and hopefully win the rematch in regulation.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Well, sweeping the now 57th in pairwise OSU moved MN all the way up to 28th. Don't know why people think playing in the BI6 is gong to hurt them.

Comment

That was quite the celebration after the ohio win last night...
                Last edited by willythekid; 12-06-2015, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  Well, sweeping the now 57th in pairwise OSU moved MN all the way up to 28th. Don't know why people think playing in the BI6 is gong to hurt them.
                  Huge series this coming week, both for conference title hopes and Pairwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                    That was quite the celebration after the ohio win last night...
                    Hey! That was THE Ohio State!!! Get it straight, please.

Comment

I'm not one who normally ****s on good news, but 28th is as good as 57th. It's not going to get better as other conferences start to play.

Also, it's so early in the year that conparissons flip like a politician in October.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I enjoyed the sweep though I thought it was rather ugly. The thing I'll say is that while this team just doesn't appear to be very talented at all, they really don't seem to quit and that was very evident this past weekend. Hopefully they can carry that effort over to a B1G series at Michigan next weekend.

Thoughts:
                        -Sheehy is a stud
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

My thoughts are that this Gopher team is 2 lines deep and that's about it.

When the top 2 are out, we move the puck and make plays, when they are not it gets ugly.

Have no clue why #6 even plays, he's like a traffic cone out there that gets lost in his own zone.

I like Novak, Sheehy and even Gates, they should be solid college hockey players.

Lettieri is invisible.

Comment

It seems like the line combos are still not quite there. Perhaps that's because we have so many frosh (one on each line).
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

I guess I'll throw in my .02 worth. I think the coaching staff has found some chemistry on the first two lines, but shifting Bristedt to first with Kloos and Sheehy didn't have the same effect as having him anchored on the second with Novak and Fasching, which they went back to later in the Sat. game.

I think that second line with Bristedt has tremendous potential and may prove to be the most productive line this season. However, I'm not a fan of C. Reilly on LW with Kloos and Sheehy. There's too much dissonance with Reilly's skill set. I'd like to see a familiar playmaker like Cammy on that line to balance it out with good chemistry. Cammy has clearly struggled with his assist totals so far despite that being his strength.

Gates/Lettieri/C. Reilly could work and play into Reilly's strengths more, as well as Gates' strong points with his power forward frame. The problem I see there is Lettieri's lack of finding time and space as a playmaker. He's seems to struggle with the full ice vision needed to stretch the zone and make plays. He's got to work on his game and become more than one dimensional and a better two way player as he's -7 in +/- the worst on team.

The Gophers are realistically not far off from fine tuning some of these lines and getting consistent wins moving forward into the second half. I especially liked the fact that they remained focused and got the sweep last weekend despite some poor play and adversity at critical times.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                                I think the coaching staff has found some chemistry on the first two lines, but shifting Bristedt to first with Kloos and Sheehy didn't have the same effect as having him anchored on the second with Novak and Fasching, which they went back to later in the Sat. game.
                                By my count the Bristdedt/Kloos/Sheehy line had 9 points (4G + 5A) in Saturday's 5-4 overtime win, so that's pretty decent chemistry, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X