Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendall Hockey Classic since 1993 UAA, UAF, Arizona St. , and St. Cloud State Oct 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kendall Hockey Classic since 1993 UAA, UAF, Arizona St. , and St. Cloud State Oct

We won so I'm morally obligated to post this:
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Any time a crap team like ASU can come in and do that, you know that UAA has big problems.
      ASU played well, clogged the shooting lanes, clogged the passing lanes, cleared the front of the net well. Capitalized on a couple of chances. Not as bad people think.

That said, UAA didn't do well. Not enough talent or speed to get around the defense. And the played pretty lazy in the first period. Nice to come back and get the win but, there's issues going forward.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        ASU played well, clogged the shooting lanes, clogged the passing lanes, cleared the front of the net well. Capitalized on a couple of chances. Not as bad people think.

That said, UAA didn't do well. Not enough talent or speed to get around the defense. And the played pretty lazy in the first period. Nice to come back and get the win but, there's issues going forward.
        I thought they played good in the first and lazy in the second. We sure had a lot more scoring opportunities than Arizona. You sound like Doyle.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          I thought they played good in the first and lazy in the second. We sure had a lot more scoring opportunities than Arizona. You sound like Doyle.
          Not everything is roses and sunshine Suze. Scoring opportunities don't mean much if you can't score. Yeah UAA had some good chances but, the first 10 minutes was realllllllllly slow, UAA had one 5 on 5 goal (in OT), and did not look very good at times. Granted, ASU did what they needed to do, they kept UAA to the outside, cleared out in front of the net, and capitalized on chances but UAA could've done better. It's gotta better is the key, because it only gets tougher from here.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Re: Kendall Hockey Classic since 1993 UAA, UAF, Arizona St. , and St. Cloud State Oct

Not everything is roses and sunshine Suze. Scoring opportunities don't mean much if you can't score. Yeah UAA had some good chances but, the first 10 minutes was realllllllllly slow, UAA had one 5 on 5 goal (in OT), and did not look very good at times. Granted, ASU did what they needed to do, they kept UAA to the outside, cleared out in front of the net, and capitalized on chances but UAA could've done better. It's gotta better is the key, because it only gets tougher from here.
            And how many scoring opportunities did the Huskies have that they didn't cash in on? Probably even more than UAA. UA_ looked awful, if not for Jones that game would have been 7-0. But you don't see the UA_ fans here bashing their team.

Arizona State has some great players. An NHL draft pick, many players from the USHL and players who transferred from good teams, like UND for one. They won't be a pushover this season.

Congrats UAA. It was nice to see a decent crowd and the student section packed.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

And how many scoring opportunities did the Huskies have that they didn't cash in on? Probably even more than UAA. UA_ looked awful, if not for Jones that game would have been 7-0. But you don't see the UA_ fans here bashing their team.

Arizona State has some great players. An NHL draft pick, many players from the USHL and players who transferred from good teams, like UND for one. They won't be a pushover this season.

UA_ also hasn't endured a nearly endless parade of last place finishes.

Agreed on ASU though, they are a good team.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Rowe did not transfer from UND, he was never a student, he was a recruit that decided to go to ASU. Not to say he would have been a fixture in our lineup though. No team is a pushover in NCAA hockey, but I don't think ASU will be able to compete with the top teams in D1 right now.

Comment

Does anyone know why there was no audio on wcha.tv last night for UAA/ASU? Any idea if there will be for today's game? Thank you

Comment

We got the win, pleasantly surprised with ASU. Hope we can stick it to our old foe St. Cloud.
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Re: Kendall Hockey Classic since 1993 UAA, UAF, Arizona St. , and St. Cloud State Oct

UA_ also hasn't endured a nearly endless parade of last place finishes.
                      But they do celebrate the mucky-muck years.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        But they do celebrate the mucky-muck years.
                        No, they just have a Gadowsky-on-a-pedestal problem.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Re: Kendall Hockey Classic since 1993 UAA, UAF, Arizona St. , and St. Cloud State Oct

No, they just have a Gadowsky-on-a-pedestal problem.
                          And he bailed out of _airbanks faster that the Baltimore Colts midnight move to Indianapolis.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

UAA will have a harder time tonight with the Huskies, I am sure, but our freshmen looked good last night. We need Kozun and Azurdia to put it in the back of the net tonight.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              And he bailed out of _airbanks faster that the Baltimore Colts midnight move to Indianapolis.
                              Gads got a chance to go to an Ivy league school in Princeton, and then the opportunity to start a new D-I program at Penn State. Good reason(s) to leave Fairbanks.

Looking farther south in AK these days--what's up with UAA's white helmets in the ASU game? Is that a permanent change with the home uniforms this season?
                              "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                                Gads got a chance to go to an Ivy league school in Princeton, and then the opportunity to start a new D-I program at Penn State. Good reason(s) to leave Fairbanks.

Looking farther south in AK these days--what's up with UAA's white helmets in the ASU game? Is that a permanent change with the home uniforms this season?
                                They wore the white helmets in their green/gold game too. I assume it's a permanent change. Not sure if I like them better than the green helmets or not.

BTW, welcome back TANNER!! Great to see you healthy again.
                                Last edited by Suze; 10-10-2015, 04:22 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X