Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ UML (Fri, 10/9) & BC @ RPI (Sun, 10/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ UML (Fri, 10/9) & BC @ RPI (Sun, 10/11)

discuss.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ UML (Fri, 10/9) & BC @ RPI (Sun, 10/11)

I watched most of the exhibition game. Early we seemed to be the better team with more speed and better chances. It just looked like we got either tired or complacent later and were playing an exhibition game that did not count. Defense seemed to slow down, not communicate or just get lazy. Next two games will tell us how far we are from the higher echelon teams. UML is certainly not a Canadian exhibition match up and BC, well, I am happier to get them early in the season as i am sure they will be one of the biggest challenges we face.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Lowell hasn't played RPI since the 2012 Frozen Holiday Classic.

Once Lowell got their legs under them I thought they looked good against New Brunswick last Sunday. They got a little pass happy in the offensive zone (IMO) later in the game and should put more pucks on net. Also the finish isn't there yet; Lowell squandered a few 2-on-1's (one with no shot getting off, oy vey) and breakaway chances, but I think that will all settle down as they get into the season. Lowell's top forwards will be CJ Smith and Evan Campbell.

I don't know a whole lot about RPI. I read that they had a frosh ruled partially eligible and that he'll have to sit. I know they were picked to finished 10th in both the media and the coaches polls. Who are the players to watch for the Engineers?
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I watched most of the exhibition game. Early we seemed to be the better team with more speed and better chances. It just looked like we got either tired or complacent later and were playing an exhibition game that did not count. Defense seemed to slow down, not communicate or just get lazy. Next two games will tell us how far we are from the higher echelon teams. UML is certainly not a Canadian exhibition match up and BC, well, I am happier to get them early in the season as i am sure they will be one of the biggest challenges we face.
        I watched the whole exhibition game, and thought that the offense was ok. Passing was on target for most of the game and a lot of shots were taken. To many open shots missed the net. Hopefully that was just rust.
        Third period defense was non existent. Lazy defense caused all the goals scored in that period. Hackett looked pretty good considering what was in front of him.
        I hope to go to the BC game, but I will wait until after Friday's game to make that decision.
        I did like the energy line, those kids are going to be fun to watch.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
          Who are the players to watch for the Engineers?
          Kasdorf is an amazing goalie when he's not hurt. Not quite so amazing that the Jets would choose him over your Hellebuyck, but still pretty **** good. On the offensive front, we prefer to do it "by committee" (i.e., we don't score very much). Drew Melanson is our top returning scorer, and Milos Bubela is our other main goal scorer. Lou Nanne and Riley Bourbonnais also show flashes of brilliance.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            Kasdorf is an amazing goalie when he's not hurt. Not quite so amazing that the Jets would choose him over your Hellebuyck, but still pretty **** good. On the offensive front, we prefer to do it "by committee" (i.e., we don't score very much). Drew Melanson is our top returning scorer, and Milos Bubela is our other main goal scorer. Lou Nanne and Riley Bourbonnais also show flashes of brilliance.
            Nanne didn't play in the exhibition. Any word on why?
            Miller also still out with wrist injury. Hopefully he is back by the ECAC opener at Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
              Nanne didn't play in the exhibition. Any word on why?
              Miller also still out with wrist injury. Hopefully he is back by the ECAC opener at Union.
              Miller should’ve found out on Mon. if he’ll be able to play this weekend. Tironese might be good to go but if he’s scratched it could be just a scratch. He is nicked up but not badly. Nanne probably won’t be ready till late Oct. early Nov. No, I won’t reveal injuries.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Anyone have any idea what Lowell's video streams are like? Looks like it'll be $10 for the one game, so I want to know if the stream is worth it.
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  Miller should’ve found out on Mon. if he’ll be able to play this weekend. Tironese might be good to go but if he’s scratched it could be just a scratch. He is nicked up but not badly. Nanne probably won’t be ready till late Oct. early Nov. No, I won’t reveal injuries.
                  Good news if true about Miller and Tironese. Miller provides experience and grit. Two important ingredients if this team is going to be successful. Too bad about Nanne. The team needs his scoring touch. It appears that he might be one of those guys who will just never be healthy long enough to live up to his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                    Lowell hasn't played RPI since the 2012 Frozen Holiday Classic.

Once Lowell got their legs under them I thought they looked good against New Brunswick last Sunday. They got a little pass happy in the offensive zone (IMO) later in the game and should put more pucks on net. Also the finish isn't there yet; Lowell squandered a few 2-on-1's (one with no shot getting off, oy vey) and breakaway chances, but I think that will all settle down as they get into the season. Lowell's top forwards will be CJ Smith and Evan Campbell.

I don't know a whole lot about RPI. I read that they had a frosh ruled partially eligible and that he'll have to sit. I know they were picked to finished 10th in both the media and the coaches polls. Who are the players to watch for the Engineers?
                    As was done with you guys, here's something a little more detailed: http://www.withoutapeer.com/2015/10/...yself-rpi.html

Comment

SA’s pregame video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO36...ature=youtu.be
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Lowell's video preview: https://youtu.be/pI2lKoxo9kc
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Ed Weaver is spreading cheer. RPI players out by injuries: Tironese, Miller, Wood, Rodriguez. Nanne will be back in the lineup. Moore will play up front. http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...pener-vs-umass
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Ed Weaver is spreading cheer. RPI players out by injuries: Tironese, Miller, Wood, Rodriguez. Nanne will be back in the lineup. Moore will play up front. http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...pener-vs-umass
                            well, looks like what I was told concerning Nanne was wrong. Don’t like not seeing Rodriguez. He took that slash to the hand/wrist last week & never returned. He was in obvious pain when he skated off. 1st game & we’re playing D-men upfront already.....shoot me now.

Comment

well, looks like what I was told concerning Nanne was wrong. Don’t like not seeing Rodriguez. He took that slash to the hand/wrist last week & never returned. He was in obvious pain when he skated off. 1st game & we’re playing D-men upfront already.....shoot me now.
                              The injury situation is very distressing. This is at least the third straight year where there have been significant injuries to multiple players. It's not even mid-October. Not only does that make it more difficult on game day, but,as Appert said in Weaver's story, it makes it very difficult to do what needs to be done in practice. Injuries are part of all sports and there are stretches where a team seems to have more than its share, but this is the 3rd year in a row. You have to wonder what's up.

BTW, nice to see the Retched finally run something on RPI sports. Their on-line site has had almost nothing on football and I think this is the first story on hockey. Maybe the print editions run more, but I can't see why anyone would actually spend money to find out.

Comment

Working...
                              X