This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

It's game day for the exhibition and we don't have a new thread? We are slacking.

The big question for the season: Where is the scoring going to come from?

The defense comes back in tact and should be improved from this time last year. Rotolo returns as the only goalie with experience, but really came on late in the year. RIT will have a tough road in the pre-conference schedule. Hopegully they can pick some wins.

In any case: keep your head and hands inside at all time and enjoy the ride.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Re: >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    Where is the scoring going to come from?
    So far, Liam Kerins.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      So far, Liam Kerins.

Powers &8^]
      No kidding. He put up ridiculous numbers prior to coming to RIT and was definitely the player to watch in this recruiting class, imo. Tonight he showed why...he has an absolute rocket of a shot and deadly accuracy. Wearing #9 he seems to have risen like a phoenix from the ashes of Garbowsky.

Granted we weren't playing a good team at all tonight, but the team played very well. Rotolo made some really good saves the few times he had to and the offense was clicking. I'm officially hyped!
      RIT

Comment

I am impressed 2,600 fans came out to watch this match-up.
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
          I am impressed 2,600 fans came out to watch this match-up.
          Funny how winning does that to attendance
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Just wanted to share that Canisius lost 4-2 to UOIT this afternoon...
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              Just wanted to share that Canisius lost 4-2 to UOIT this afternoon...
              *woof*
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Garbo assigned to Elmira after more Sabres clear waivers: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...mira/73399940/
                RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                  Garbo assigned to Elmira after more Sabres clear waivers: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...mira/73399940/
                  Well on one hand, I'm disappointed I'm not going to get to see him play for a bit. On the other, it'll give him a better chance to show what he's capable of. He definitely held his own when they came to RIT last week, but honestly, I don't think the Amerks really understood what they had in him but a way to appeal to the RIT fanbase. And I'm not sure he felt confident enough as the new kid to play at the top of his game. So some time in the ECHL might be just what Garbo needs to move forward. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                    No kidding. He put up ridiculous numbers prior to coming to RIT and was definitely the player to watch in this recruiting class, imo. Tonight he showed why...he has an absolute rocket of a shot and deadly accuracy. Wearing #9 he seems to have risen like a phoenix from the ashes of Garbowsky.

Granted we weren't playing a good team at all tonight, but the team played very well. Rotolo made some really good saves the few times he had to and the offense was clicking. I'm officially hyped!
                    Kerins appears to be as advertised, a pure finisher. Valenzuela also impressed me, that kid can skate. Girduckis was not to bad himself. Only thing I regert was not seeing more of what Short can too. It's a good start, but it's just a start...
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by five8five View Post
                      Well on one hand, I'm disappointed I'm not going to get to see him play for a bit. On the other, it'll give him a better chance to show what he's capable of. He definitely held his own when they came to RIT last week, but honestly, I don't think the Amerks really understood what they had in him but a way to appeal to the RIT fanbase. And I'm not sure he felt confident enough as the new kid to play at the top of his game. So some time in the ECHL might be just what Garbo needs to move forward. Best of luck to him.
                      My impression is he was one of the better Amerks over the last couple weekends last season on what was an admittedly very depleted roster. But I don't think he was given much of a shot with the new coaching staff.

Comment

What's the story with Kerins? I thought I remember the name last year, wasn't he supposed to play? Was he hurt all year?

RIT Hockey FB Group
                        Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                          What's the story with Kerins? I thought I remember the name last year, wasn't he supposed to play? Was he hurt all year?
                          Kerins was red-shirted last year, but I'm not sure why.

Source: Todd Skirving's blog for his social media marketing class: http://rithockey.blogspot.com/2015/1...idgebacks.html

Kerins who had not played a game of hockey since March of 2014 red shirted last season for the Tigers and had a game that was only fitting after missing so much time. “Sitting out last season was very tough because of all the success we had as a team. It was tough to watch every game from the stands or at home and not be able to chip in and help the boys win games, but at the same time it gave me a chance to sit back and analyze the game a bit more.” He credited some of his game today to watching former RIT standouts Matt Garbowsky and Brad McGowan. “Watching guys like Garbo and Gows everyday I was able to pick up little things that they do well and I have been trying to incorporate that into my game.”
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                            Kerins was red-shirted last year, but I'm not sure why.
                            I thought I had heard or read somewhere that it was an academic issue. He was practicing with the team all season, but couldn't play any games.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSSexG4mxtw

Nice little highlight package from Kerins Juniors day
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                              X