Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-16 - Another journey begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-16 - Another journey begins...

Time to kick off another season of Bobcats hockey. There's a long road ahead and the ultimate prize awaits in Tampa.

Best of luck Bobcats!

Go Q!
    Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 10-31-2015, 02:13 AM.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-15 - Another journey begins...

I'm so ready for this!
    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
    - Elon Musk

Comment

I don't expect to see much from the team today, but I am looking forward to another exciting season of Bobcats hockey. Seems like forever since I stood at the rail so it will be great to get back to one of my favorite places. Even better will be seeing and catching up with friends who share the same passion.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Excited for the season to start. Dont know what to expect the first quarter of the season. I think it will be hard to make up for Peca's absence both offensively and defensively. Our penalty kill unit might be shaky to start, but this team has the makeup of the 2012-2013 squad. Experienced D, senior goaltender, and a returning core of forwards. What will need to happen is a couple kids play above themselves. But I think as of the start of the season, Yale, Harvard, and us will all be top 12 teams. Yale could very well win the championship again this year (how it pains me to say).
        Quinnipiac University '15
        ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
        ECAC Championship: 2016
        NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
        Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Had a blast watching from home today. The No.1 thing I came away with today is Thomas Aldworth is going to play a key role this season - He was a blast to watch. I'll be at the IceBreaker tournament next weekend so I'll miss both HC games. Eagle - I bet it felt good to be back, but I bet you missed some faces Someone get me to Sidestreet.

Comment

Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
            The No.1 thing I came away with today is Thomas Aldworth is going to play a key role this season - He was a blast to watch.
            Aldworth was the only freshman that stood out to me. He will be a good fit with the rest of the offensive weapons we have. Big kid, good hands, skates well, and isn't afraid to use his body. The other freshmen were good but nobody really stood out to me.

It was hard to get a decent read on the returning guys because Rand was rolling 5 or 6 lines all afternoon. Let me just say I didn't really see any liabilities out there. Landon Smith looks like he's ready to go, as are Anas and TSD. Everyone skated hard and hustled. We put a load of rubber on net but their goalie was as solid as I've seen in net all day long. I heard Reid say in the post game that they'll work on taking away the goalies eyes this week in practice.

Luke commented that we look like we'll be a hard hat type of team this year... show up, work hard, and get the job done. That's fine with me as there's nothing wrong with a solid, fundamental team. Bottom line is I think we'll be a very good team this season.

Eagle - I bet it felt good to be back, but I bet you missed some faces
            It was GREAT to be back. I needed me some hockey and am really looking forward to the season. It will be exciting in Hamden for sure.

Luke and I talked about going to Worcester Friday but neither of us are sure we can get out early enough to deal with the traffic. Plus Saturday is a 4:00 start and he has a double-header Saturday morning. Might be a last minute decision...

Someone get me to Sidestreet.
            We'll get you there for sure! Enjoy the Ice Breaker!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

One thing I liked about Aldworth is how calm he is with the puck, very similar to JST when he got the puck in the low corner. I felt like the ice was a little choppy and very slow, almost like it was really humid in the arena. I will agree with you that Aldworth was the only freshman to really stand out but it was an exhibition game and a lot of them were probably not playing with their true linemates.

I wish Gartieg got a lot more work in, but hell it speaks loudly for the defense and the team in general to not give up any shots on goal.
              "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
              - Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
                the ice was a little choppy and very slow, almost like it was really humid in the arena
                It wasn't humid, but it wasn't nearly as cold as it usually is.

it speaks loudly for the defense and the team in general to not give up any shots on goal.
                The defense was good, but not great (again, hard to gauge in an exhibition). I think the real problem was St. Thomas just not being able to move the puck. Their stick skills were not very good.

We'll know a lot more after this coming weekend. Holy Cross can never be counted out and they've played some very close games with us. What this teams needs to do is set the tone early that they won't play down to their opponent. Come out flying and keep the pressure on all game long.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  It wasn't humid, but it wasn't nearly as cold as it usually is.
                  Dang maybe I am in the market for a new TV then!
                  - Elon Musk

Comment

Good write-up on the Bobcats in College Hockey News: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._forefront.php

Comment

Psyched for tomorrow's true opener. Part of me hopes Garteig gets a little more action but then again ... It would be nice if he only sees one shot each game I'll be repping my Wong jersey up here for the Ice Breaker - Interested to see if any Sioux fans recognize the colors! Go Bobcats

Comment

I think Q has a big chance to jump out with 4 or 5 wins before conference play starts. I would love to see them beat St. Cloud twice but I think that will be the biggest obstacle for them in the beginning of the season. Holy Cross I believe is starting a Sophomore in the goal so I think his inexperience will play right into the scorers hands of Q. I'm ready for a fun season that's for **** sure.

I was able to score myself a second monitor at work for Friday games! Me - 1, Work - 0!
                        - Elon Musk

Comment

It's important to set the tone for the season so they need to go out and take care of business tonight. I'm curious to see what Rand does with the lineup and who the starters will be.

Go Q!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Nice job HC... no video feed. Really?
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Nice job HC... no video feed. Really?
                              Quit complaining about the lack of a video feed. It's almost Halloween season. You need to practice screaming at the top of your lungs, "Hey you kids, get off my front porch before I call the cops onya." "And stay offa my lawn on yer way outta here."

Hope all is well in your corner of the world Mark. Good luck to your squad this season.
                              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Working...
                              X