Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: St Thomas @ RPI, Saturday, 10/3/15

It beats me if I will be listening to the game. As I wrote elsewhere, I will be at a niece's wedding on Sunday and staying at the hotel on Saturday and Sunday connected to the place where the wedding is. I may end up being with cousins whom I have not seen in about a decade tomorrow evening.

Take good notes.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I’ll be interested in seeing Shane McColgan for St. Thomas. Kid’s from Cali. & played in the WHL. Had a nice couple of years & was taken in the 5th Rd. by NYR. Seems to have fallen greatly but I remember seeing him (TV) play for Kelowna maybe 3 yrs. ago. Overall, they seem to have pretty good team-size. 1-2 so far in their ex. schedule. http://w3.stu.ca/stu/athletics/teams...aspx?id=154544
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

McColgan took a fighting major in the exhibition game against Queens when he jumped a player in a scrum in the crease. That got him at least a one game suspension, which would have been served in the game against UNB. I can't remember if he got an instigator penalty as well; if that is the case he'd be suspended two more games I believe.

St. Thomas has finished at the bottom of the AUS conference standings for several years running. The AUS is arguably the toughest conference in the CIS, but still. They've been in rebuild mode for a few years now, and have a rookie coach, their third coach in four of five seasons. One challenge for them is that they share the campus with the larger University of New Brunswick, and UNB is one of the powerhouses of CIS hockey. As well, Junior players are being more selective now with their education packages, with the majority of them enrolling is Business Administration / Commerce, Kinesiology / Kinetics / Recreation, or STEM programs. STU is a liberal arts school and doesn't offer any of those degree programs. So the deck is now stacked against STU for recruiting.
        "The great aim of education is not knowledge, but action." -- Herbert Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          It beats me if I will be listening to the game. As I wrote elsewhere, I will be at a niece's wedding on Sunday and staying at the hotel on Saturday and Sunday connected to the place where the wedding is. I may end up being with cousins whom I have not seen in about a decade tomorrow evening.

Take good notes.
          Oh, we certainly will. There's been too much doom and gloom on these forums as of late. Let's hope to put some smiles back!

Comment

Originally posted by FreddyFoyle View Post
            McColgan took a fighting major in the exhibition game against Queens when he jumped a player in a scrum in the crease. That got him at least a one game suspension, which would have been served in the game against UNB. I can't remember if he got an instigator penalty as well; if that is the case he'd be suspended two more games I believe.

St. Thomas has finished at the bottom of the AUS conference standings for several years running. The AUS is arguably the toughest conference in the CIS, but still. They've been in rebuild mode for a few years now, and have a rookie coach, their third coach in four of five seasons. One challenge for them is that they share the campus with the larger University of New Brunswick, and UNB is one of the powerhouses of CIS hockey. As well, Junior players are being more selective now with their education packages, with the majority of them enrolling is Business Administration / Commerce, Kinesiology / Kinetics / Recreation, or STEM programs. STU is a liberal arts school and doesn't offer any of those degree programs. So the deck is now stacked against STU for recruiting.
            Thanks for the input Freddy. Always great when we play these exh. games to have FreddyFoyle contribute from the North.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Oh, we certainly will. There's been too much doom and gloom on these forums as of late. Let's hope to put some smiles back!
              There has been doom and gloom from you for longer than "as of late".
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...TU.pdf?id=2259

scratches Tironese, Miller, Nanne, Goodman, and of course Wiffen. We are dressing all 8 on D (allowed in exhibition).

Edit: We heard that Miller had an injury. I wonder if Tironese and Miller are still suffering from old injuries.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-03-2015, 04:10 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...TU.pdf?id=2259

scratches Tironese, Miller, Nanne, Goodman, and of course Wiffen. We are dressing all 8 on D (allowed in exhibition).

Edit: We heard that Miller had an injury. I wonder if Tironese and Miller are still suffering from old injuries.
                  I do like the look of that first line. The Officials are different in the GameNotes than what’s on the Line Chart. IIRC, the Officials in the Line Chart did last night’s women’s game. GameNotes.....OFFICIALS: The officials for the game
                  are Robert St. Lawrence and Joe Carusone (referees) and Dan Taggart and Michael St. Lawrence (linesmen).

Comment

If Melanson has Swedish ancestry, which seems likely based upon his name, we have an all-Swedish first line.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Football team wins, while the women lose to THE SIOUX DAMMIT. I guess this becomes the rubber match.

Comment

If Melanson has Swedish ancestry, which seems likely based upon his name, we have an all-Swedish first line.
                        If so, perhaps it could be the SAAB line or the Volvo line? Has anyone ever analyzed your thinking patterns? Freud and Jung would probably have pulled most of their hair out.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          If so, perhaps it could be the SAAB line or the Volvo line? Has anyone ever analyzed your thinking patterns? Freud and Jung would probably have pulled most of their hair out.
                          No one has -- thankfully.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            I do like the look of that first line.
                            I have to wait and see. You really have to move fast if you are on the ice with DM. If the chemistry is there, this could be a very interesting line to watch. As we all have found out, the exhibition game means very little in predicting much. But I do think if we cannot show the incredible excitement of being out there for a first game, that we should fold up the tent. I can tolerate early season rust and mistakes but if the boys are not showing full effort for this game then we are in for a very long season. i also hope the scratches are simply a matter of oversupply and not anything that indicates injury or some other trouble.

Comment

RB: I think the most important line on that sheet is at the very bottom. Those 2 special teams percentages are just unacceptable. This team may have a lot of things to work on but if those numbers improve significantly and we find a way to win 50%+ of faceoffs, the season could fall into place very nicely

Comment

Working...
                              X