Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

No time like the present to kick off the season thread. Looks like we should see a steady improvement with a couple big prospects coming in (Foget, Spaxman). I don't have the concerns about scoring that I did entering the past two seasons, our D remains a strength and Delia played a good goaltender when called upon last year (Vogler has a high ceiling too). Hopefully we can keep a sustained run together this year!

In case anyone's interested, I contributed a 60 teams in 60 days article on Reddit. I have no doubt that I missed or glossed over some important parts of our program's history, and there are absolutely some people in this forum who have been following closely for much longer than I, so I welcome any constructive feedback. Was a great project to research the program's history!
    Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 10-01-2015, 08:08 AM.

Re: Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

Good work on both accounts. I think this team will be a little better than people expect, because the team lost no scoring, and the defense they lost were good not great. Hopefully the goalies can push each other as I don't see a clean cut favorite. See you in section 4
    Rinks Visited
    DCU Center
    Tulley Forum
    TD Garden
    Tsongas Arena
    J. Thom Lawler Arena
    Conte Forum
    Whittemore Center
    Agganis Arena
    Verizon Center
    Gutterson Fieldhouse
    Matthews Arena
    Thompson Arena
    Mullins Center
    Alfond Arena
    Schneider Arena
    Magness Arena
    Ingallas Arena
    Hart Center
    Prudential Center
    TD Bank Sports Center
    John A Ryan
    Lynah Rink
    Appleton Arena
    Cheel Arena
    Germain Arena
    XL Center
    Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Well so far in the two games played…..the Warriors have come out to play. It has been nice to see their offensive game come on strong with scoring from seniors to freshmen. Team seems to have good chemistry. Delia looks comfortable in net.

Nice to see the seniors lead the way last night -- hoping we can keep it up. Go Mack!

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...c-collin-delia

Nice win for Merrimack Saturday
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Observations from our sweep of the not-so-EZAC this weekend..

1. Warriors seem to be showing good discipline and not getting into penalty trouble in the early going.
          2. This team seems to be an effective puck passing team.
          3. Delia, Ben Bahe and Seney all took a beating Saturday. I think all our hearts skipped a beat when Seney went down the tunnel. Glad he's ok and glad to see the ECAC is punishing that punk.

Looking forward to the Lowell series this weekend.

Comment

I should also mention that for anyone who hasn't been to the campus in a while, the transformation has been incredible. There's got to be twice as many residence buildings as there were ten years ago.

Pierre McGuire was in the building too. He did a nice intermission segment with the radio announcers available via podcast.

Comment

After a great weekend, Merrimack has a huge test against Lowell. Hoping for a split and both games should be close
              Rinks Visited
              DCU Center
              Tulley Forum
              TD Garden
              Tsongas Arena
              J. Thom Lawler Arena
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Agganis Arena
              Verizon Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Matthews Arena
              Thompson Arena
              Mullins Center
              Alfond Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Magness Arena
              Ingallas Arena
              Hart Center
              Prudential Center
              TD Bank Sports Center
              John A Ryan
              Lynah Rink
              Appleton Arena
              Cheel Arena
              Germain Arena
              XL Center
              Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
                After a great weekend, Merrimack has a huge test against Lowell. Hoping for a split and both games should be close
                Don't hope for a split, hope for a SWEEP! (although I'd gladly take a split)
                UML is ALWAYS tough. Still think Boyle is suspect, but Riverhawks are solid everywhere else.
                Like this MC team. Nice blend of size and speed (Seney just keeps blowing by by people). Still WAY early yet, but Delia looks very comfortable in net. Go Warriors!
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                  Don't hope for a split, hope for a SWEEP! (although I'd gladly take a split)
                  UML is ALWAYS tough. Still think Boyle is suspect, but Riverhawks are solid everywhere else.
                  Like this MC team. Nice blend of size and speed (Seney just keeps blowing by by people). Still WAY early yet, but Delia looks very comfortable in net. Go Warriors!
                  Pardon the interruption but this UML fan thinks that our D is more suspect than Boyle right now.

Looking forward to a solid weekend of hockey....if only I can get this work stuff behind me...
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    Pardon the interruption but this UML fan thinks that our D is more suspect than Boyle right now.

Looking forward to a solid weekend of hockey....if only I can get this work stuff behind me...
                    Looks like Boyle came up big as MC outshot UML 35-15, and 15-1 in the 3rd. 15-1? Did I read that correctly? Tomorrow night should be a good rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                      Looks like Boyle came up big as MC outshot UML 35-15, and 15-1 in the 3rd. 15-1? Did I read that correctly? Tomorrow night should be a good rematch.
                      Whomever counted your shots tonight was not accurate. I wouldn't be shocked if the totals were altered in the official box score.

Lowell had at least two in a single flurry near the end of the third. We definitely got significantly outshot and in many ways, outplayed as well, but those totals aren't accurate IMO.
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                        Whomever counted your shots tonight was not accurate. I wouldn't be shocked if the totals were altered in the official box score.

Lowell had at least two in a single flurry near the end of the third. We definitely got significantly outshot and in many ways, outplayed as well, but those totals aren't accurate IMO.
                        Norm was also shaking his head at those third period totals.

Comment

To quota the late Yogi Berra "It's like deja vu all over again"!

Comment

I believe I'll be taking the commuter rail (Warrior Train) up from Boston on Fridays for the foreseeable future. Pretty excited to check this place out pregame: http://www.elmsquareoysterco.com/ Could be a lifesaver since Palmer's is apparently hosting a BU pre-party. (Mrs. Yuppie is a BU MBA, so I hear about these things)

Game wise, hoping we can catch them off guard after their Weds game!

Comment

Well beating BU doesn't happen very often! Continuing to prove that MC is very, very tough at Lawler. Grab 2 more points tomorrow night (no more "home" game for UNH!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X