Western Michigan 2015-2016 Season - No boat, no oars, lets just play hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Michigan 2015-2016 Season - No boat, no oars, lets just play hockey

Since our other message board is full of hot garbage, I figured i'd start a thread here. Looking forward to the season!

GO BRONCOS!
    Last edited by ubish; 09-29-2015, 09:13 PM.

Re: Western Michigan 2015-2016 Season - No boat, no oars, lets just play hockey

glad to have the Broncos back on the schedule this year.

#gofalcons #talonsup
    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

agreed! It's about time we played each other again. Hopefully we can make it a regular series.

Comment

not a great start to the season. Down 2-0 to lethbridge in the 1st.

Comment

It's exhibition and doesn't count but this has to sting a little.

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s...y_falls_1.html

Yes Michigan has lost to the jail-bait team before so I know your pain.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Yeah, didn't feel great. The 1st goal was literally given right to them though, hafner had the puck and instead of covering passed it right to the 2 lethbridge players in front of the net. I was hoping to not see so many penalties either, hopefully we can come out strong and sweep ferris like the old days.

Comment

Very surprised at this result. Lethbridge is one of the worst teams in the CIS.

Comment

3 power play goals in one game might be a record given the usual ineptitude the Broncos have. Season opening win!
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

great win over #10 BG at home, 4-1! Team is looking pretty solid so far this year.

Comment

yay for votes!

Comment

Originally posted by ubish View Post
                      yay for votes!
                      That's funny. We just said the same thing last week. Clarkson and WMU are neighbors in the USCHO others receiving votes and for us, at least, it's the first time in a while we've been on the poll. I see you guys had a big win against a quality team last week; anything for us to look forward to this weekend?

A quick scouting report of what you'll see from Clarkson ... quite honestly, we have no idea, even as fans. This team is supposed to be built from the blue line out, but when you give up 7 goals to Merrimack, that's kind of hard to say. When right, our defense should limit the chances that an offense has to score, at least in number of chances. Even when they aren't playing well, the number of chances they allow the other team aren't high, it just seems they are higher quality chances.

Our offense is built to apply disciplined pressure and take advantage of opportunities when they arise. We don't have a flashy goal scorer but we have a depth in scoring ability, even to the 4th line. The thing we lack is players that can create opportunities and ones that can finish. I think Clarkson will be quite formidable this year if they can play from ahead and score early but the team isn't built to play from behind at all. When they force themselves to take chances to create opportunities, they really pay for it on the other end more than most teams. I foresee a lot of 3-2 wins matched with 6-1 losses in the same weekends.
                      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                      7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

yikes, that was a tough weekend. You guys flat out outplayed us. Well done.

Comment

Hello.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

yessir! 1st ever sweep of a #1 team by WMU. Happy Halloween everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by ubish View Post
                              yessir! 1st ever sweep of a #1 team by WMU. Happy Halloween everyone!
                              You guys deserved that sweep....simply outplayed us all weekend in every facet. Well done. Good luck the rest of the way.
                              If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Working...
                              X