Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Also, it looks like we have some new commits for next year?
    Sam Saliba,
    Taro Hirose
    Tommy Apap.

All forwards. Anybody know anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      has anybody noticed that BC has shut out their opponent in 6 of their last 7 games?

That's...nice.
      No worries for Sparty. They've all been high school teams.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Also, it looks like we have some new commits for next year?
        Sam Saliba,
        Taro Hirose
        Tommy Apap.

All forwards. Anybody know anything?
        Sam Saliba looks pretty solid (to complete the alliterative trifecta). He's currently tied for 12th in the USHL in scoring.
        Taro led his BCHL team in scoring last year - his first season at that level. He's getting a final year of seasoning at Salmon Arm.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
          Maybe I'm just all sunshines and rainbows after all that goal scoring last weekend, but I still think this team can be leaps and bounds better then they were last year. I would say 1 or 2 in the Big Ten this year (not saying much) is my expectation at this time.

Yes I agree the defensemen have been a little shaky at times, especially in our own zone. They have gave up some bad turnovers and, frankly, it is a good thing we have Hildebrand to bail them out at times.

Appleton reminds me a lot of Abdelkader. Great skill and work ethic at both ends of the ice. Also not afraid to play the physical game every now and then. The physical game is about the only difference between him and Mac.. Mac tends to shy away from it. Hopefully the points keep coming from that line of Mac-Ferrantino-Appleton.

Anybody think Minny gets a start at goalie this year? Or will Anastos ride Hildebrand like he did last year? I thought Hildy could have used a little bit of rest last year... but hey this isn't the NHL and a goalie of his caliber should be able to handle two games a week.
          Something to get pretty psyched about: All 4 freshman (who've been able to dress) have contributed with goals.
          Consider also that, with the exception of Joe Cox, this season's roster has all Anastos recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Something to get pretty psyched about: All 4 freshman (who've been able to dress) have contributed with goals.
            Consider also that, with the exception of Joe Cox, this season's roster has all Anastos recruits.
            I know Anastos' recruits haven't all been NHL draft picks but from top to bottom I like this roster and the potential these guys have. Anastos has said he has put an emphasis on recruiting "rink rats" or players who love to be at the rink. Seems to me that we have a good mix of skill players and those guys that will give you 110% but may not be the most skilled (Drew Miller for the Wings comes to mind as one of those types).

My fingers are crossed that the offensive outburst doesn't stop at 2 games tonight!

Comment

I know; we're all speechless, right?

Comment

Impressed with the way State came back in the third period Friday night @ BC. For 92 seconds, they looked like the high-powered Spartan teams of old.
                "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  I know; we're all speechless, right?
                  I merely had a game tracker to check but man was I excited when I checked to see if maybe we had managed to score 1 more goal and lose by a respectable 2 and saw that we had tied it. Bummer that it fell apart shortly thereafter.

Good to score 4 goals on a team that does not get scored on.

I don't really know what else to take away other than that I like the offense continuing to be productive.

I haven't seen any write up or interview regarding the game an I have only seen this team play once in a disappointing loss to LSSU(who was just swept by Arizona). I think I can make at least Friday's game so I am hoping to see an improved team.
                  Last edited by Pirateasaur; 11-16-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen any write up or interview regarding the game an I have only seen this team play once in a disappointing loss to LSSU(who was just swept by Arizona). I think I can make at least Friday's game so I am hoping to see an improved team.
                    The local daily newspaper of record has its entire staff focused on football angst. Either that or Tim Staudt has the beat reporter tied up in the closet until after the New Year.

Comment

It's a great schedule as long as we win a few of them. And wow, that's quite a home non-con slate you guys have! Going the Penn State route, it seems.
                      Yea but like in bouncy-ball come tournament time you guys won't be in awe of the #1 seeds (assuming that you make it). It hurts to say this but this is the first time in 25 years where we have exactly zero games experience in the NCAA Tournament. This is a very strange feeling and I don't like it. The last Tourny game that I've been to was that disaster in 2005 against Colorado College. That still ****es me off to this day! How the h3ll did we lose that game? The only thing that I can come up with is that our guys were on the plane to Columbus already. It's a good thing that we didn't make it or I would have gotten my butt kicked by the suckeye fans...
                      Last edited by UMICH; 11-17-2015, 11:23 PM.
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I merely had a game tracker to check but man was I excited when I checked to see if maybe we had managed to score 1 more goal and lose by a respectable 2 and saw that we had tied it. Bummer that it fell apart shortly thereafter.

Good to score 4 goals on a team that does not get scored on.

I don't really know what else to take away other than that I like the offense continuing to be productive.

If you show up Friday you'll be sorely disappointed, but can catch a game at Breslin (Arkansas-Pine Bluff, feel the excitement!)
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

5 future Spartans sign Letters of Intent

Defensemen Ty Farmer and Mitch Eliot, forwards Sam Saliba and Taro Hirose, and goalie John Lethemon.
                          http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...111715aad.html

This means 3 who were on track for 2016-17 (Mitch Lewandowski, Ryan Bederka and Noah Lalonde) may have another season before arriving. I can only guess that Marcel Godbout's scholarship is going to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            If you show up Friday you'll be sorely disappointed, but can catch a game at Breslin (Arkansas-Pine Bluff, feel the excitement!)
                            Just a reminder to season ticket holders...the Tickets marked Friday are for Saturday and the ones marked Saturday are for Sunday....

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                              Just a reminder to season ticket holders...the Tickets marked Friday are for Saturday and the ones marked Saturday are for Sunday....
                              Hey thanks for pointing that out. We may have to get a pick-up game going on Friday if they don't honor that.

AJ Sturges (2007-2012) is the new head coach of U of W. Virginia's hockey program. He was Glen Winston's biggest target in 2009.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this series in person. Should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X