Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

It's game day. Team left Wednesday night, so they've had a day to skate and rid themselves of whatever jet lag they may have acquired. Kidna bummed there isn't even a crappy stream available.

Like I put in the Ice Breaker thread, I'm expecting a 4-2 loss or 2-1 win depending on how the team reacts. We catch Maine in their literal first game of the season, as they didn't bring in Canadians or the young guns for an exhibition before this.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I'm very confident that if MSU plays well we will come away with two victories this weekend. Again that is if the team plays well... if not I expect Hildebrand to, at the very least, keep us in both games.

I'm guessing a 3-1 victory tonight. Then a 4-2 victory tomorrow.

Comment

Well, did I say Osburn is offensively-minded. A beast on the power play, 8 SOG, and 2 goals.

Comment

Undefeated still!

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

4-1 tonight over LSSU. Sounded like an impressive win.

MSU off to Denver now.
            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

4 goals on the power play this weekend.. something the team hasn't seen in awhile. Freshman again seem more impressive every game they play (at least sounded like on the radio). Either way we come away 1-0-1 on the weekend which is pretty good considering the injuries that were suffered. If any of those injuries are long lasting it might not be pretty next weekend at Denver...Hopefully Hildebrand can play amazing like always and we can have a chance at a big early season win.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                4 goals on the power play this weekend.. something the team hasn't seen in awhile. Freshman again seem more impressive every game they play (at least sounded like on the radio). Either way we come away 1-0-1 on the weekend which is pretty good considering the injuries that were suffered. If any of those injuries are long lasting it might not be pretty next weekend at Denver...Hopefully Hildebrand can play amazing like always and we can have a chance at a big early season win.
                Who was injured? Pretty sure Keller went down last night but that is all I have heard.

Comment

There were 31 penalties called in Michigan State's two games, with the Spartans going 4-18 on the power play while killing 11 of 12. Hildebrand was way too hard on himself after the game, especially considering the only goal he gave up tonight was a defensive breakdown. He was solid.

Anastos said it seemed like he had more players in the trainers' room than the locker room but he offered no details.

By the way, at the time I am writing this there is still a chance Sparty could win the tournament. If Maine and North Dakota play to a 1-1 (or 2-2) tie then both MSU and North Dakota are 1-0-1. If Maine wins the shootout that will follow, MSU will be the champion...although very few in Portland would care with Maine wining the shootout both nights...

Comment

There was mass confusion at the Ice Breaker as a result of the shootout. Maine won both shootouts, but finishes third because they officially went 0-0-2. Michigan State scored the most goals of any tournament team (7) but finishes second because North Dakota only allowed 3.

Regardless, Michigan State played a great tournament. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                      Who was injured? Pretty sure Keller went down last night but that is all I have heard.
                      Keller was one. The other was Pavelek.. Sounds like he got cut by a skate in Friday's game but was able to tape it up and finish the game. After a day for it to heal/stiffen up he wasn't able to put hardly any pressure on that leg on Saturday. Other then those two I don't think anything else was major.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                        Keller was one. The other was Pavelek.. Sounds like he got cut by a skate in Friday's game but was able to tape it up and finish the game. After a day for it to heal/stiffen up he wasn't able to put hardly any pressure on that leg on Saturday. Other then those two I don't think anything else was major.
                        As Pete Rose would say, just rub some dirt on it and get back out there!

Comment

I don't believe Haag played this weekend? Was he a healthy scratch or is there someing else going on? I know he looked a little lost against the Canadians.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            There was mass confusion at the Ice Breaker as a result of the shootout. Maine won both shootouts, but finishes third because they officially went 0-0-2. Michigan State scored the most goals of any tournament team (7) but finishes second because North Dakota only allowed 3.

Regardless, Michigan State played a great tournament. Good luck the rest of the way.
                            Is there actually a winner? I figured it was just a season opening showcase type thing, especially since opponents were predetermined.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Is there actually a winner? I figured it was just a season opening showcase type thing, especially since opponents were predetermined.
                              Chris Wilkie said the players didn't even know they had won until the tournament organizers gave their coach the trophy. Regardless, three of the four teams come out of the weekend feeling very good about themselves. The Lake State players and coaches are trying to put on a pretty face, but I heard many of the same things from them after Saturday's loss as I heard 24 hours earlier.

Comment

Anybody have an injury update? Just heard that two players are already ruled out this weekend with two more doubtful...Any ideas who they are?

Comment

Working...
                                X