Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Actually, one thing I find curious is Anastos's refusal to give Minney any starts; Something that could pay dividends next year. It's almost as if Anastos feels he is fighting for his job right now. If he knew he was coming back then you'd think he might take steps to prep next season's goaltender for what you would assume is a do or die season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      Actually, one thing I find curious is Anastos's refusal to give Minney any starts; Something that could pay dividends next year. It's almost as if Anastos feels he is fighting for his job right now. If he knew he was coming back then you'd think he might take steps to prep next season's goaltender for what you would assume is a do or die season.
      He might just have a ton of faith in Lethemon and no faith whatsoever in Minney.

I don't know why he'd think that, but I've stopped trying to figure out Anastos two months ago.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
        Well, our bye week is done. Anybody think we can ride sweep momentum this next weekend?

Personally, I do not believe a sweep against a very poor Wisconsin team in which we were pretty thoroughly outshot is a sign of progress but we'll see how this goes in 5 days.

I have a feeling that Anastos will stick around. No real evidence, just a feeling. I have been doing a lot more recruit watching recently since I feel that they are all I have in which to fell optimistic.
        What recruiting site do you visit? The only ones I have seen are hopelessly outdated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
          What recruiting site do you visit? The only ones I have seen are hopelessly outdated.
          I'm not the person you asked but have you checked Chris Hesienberg's list?
          List
          Last edited by Khryx; 03-01-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Nothing great. Collegehockeynews.com lists current recruits but it tends to have errors at times. I then just check junior league websites for stats. The USHL website is pretty good. You can also do a google search for them and visit their eliteprospects.com page which do a pretty decent job of keeping track of stats and the teams they have played for over the years.

I have not checked the link just provided. Perhaps it is much better.

Comment

I have nothing to say, I'm just trying to push down the Movers & Packers threads since this one was below them.

Comment

Hey, that was a grade-A performance tonight against the Gophers. Some super-dumb penalties, but, generally speaking, it was a real solid effort. I think Hildebrand had one of his best performances in an MSU sweater tonight, too.
                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Thank you Spartans.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Thank you Spartans.
                    This, but for different reasons in our case. Now let's hope Wisconsin can replicate this next weekend.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I was only able to see Friday's game(of course) but I thought we played pretty well that night after a sleepy first period. Obviously Saturday was good. Osburn was insanely active on Friday. I think he will end up being our highest scoring defenseman in this program since Krug.

I've resigned myself to the fact that we're in this for another year with the current staff so from now on I am going to try to think of reasons for optimism.

Comment

I am not sure what team I watched play this weekend. But my goodness, MSU finally played 6 straight periods of relatively good hockey. I thought the compete level was finally there by not just a few players, but the entire team, and what a huge difference that makes. If MSU continues this play they may actually have a chance of winning the BIG ten tournament

I do think the play of the defensemen as a group has really been much better since the dumpster fire that was the middle of the season. They have limited the silly turnovers to 1-2 a game and don't leave hildebrand out to dry quite so often. Also, I agree Osburn will be the next stud offensive defensemen for MSU.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                          I am not sure what team I watched play this weekend. But my goodness, MSU finally played 6 straight periods of relatively good hockey. I thought the compete level was finally there by not just a few players, but the entire team, and what a huge difference that makes. If MSU continues this play they may actually have a chance of winning the BIG ten tournament

I do think the play of the defensemen as a group has really been much better since the dumpster fire that was the middle of the season. They have limited the silly turnovers to 1-2 a game and don't leave hildebrand out to dry quite so often. Also, I agree Osburn will be the next stud offensive defensemen for MSU.
                          I have not seen a performance like that from this program for a long, long time. I have to admit that for nearly all 120 minutes, Spartans showed me something this weekend. Everything from November til now looked like a team sleepwalking.

There was a fierceness, purpose and confidence that's been lacking (did you see the open-ice hits?). How long will we see this, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            I have not seen a performance like that from this program for a long, long time. I have to admit that for nearly all 120 minutes, Spartans showed me something this weekend. Everything from November til now looked like a team sleepwalking.

There was a fierceness, purpose and confidence that's been lacking (did you see the open-ice hits?). How long will we see this, I wonder?
                            Hopefully at least two more weeks. With the BIG ten this year MSU has just a good a chance to win the tournament as any team if they put up the kind of effort they did this weekend.

It does make you wonder what was keeping this team from playing like this all year!? I know confidence is a fickle thing in college sports, hockey in particular, but that can't be the whole reason. Minnesota didn't even look like it belonged on the ice with MSU at times on Saturday which, looking at each teams overall record, is crazy to say.

Comment

Well, the Buckeyes are coming off a sweep of um. MSU split with Minny. Going to be a interesting next week-end. Now, if R. Holland can keep from drawing 5min majors and other assorted boneheaded plays.........He reminds me of Jeff Harding. But not the talent side of things. Harding could at least score.....sometimes.

And I hope tCHHCoMSU didn't get another extension of his (over priced) contract.

Comment

Well, the Buckeyes are coming off a sweep of um. MSU split with Minny. Going to be a interesting next week-end. Now, if R. Holland can keep from drawing 5min majors and other assorted boneheaded plays.........He reminds me of Jeff Harding. But not the talent side of things. Harding could at least score.....sometimes.

And I hope tCHHCoMSU didn't get another extension of his (over priced) contract.
                                Should he a interesting 3 game series considering they will meet twice this weekend and then the 1st round on Thursday in Minneapolis. Ohio state has struggled at Muhn the last few times I believe. Michigan state played very tough on Columbus back in January. Ohio state will have to match the Spartans intensity.

Comment

Working...
                                X