Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
    I really don't think so. Unless the most unlikely trip to the frozen four of all time happens, there is nothing positive to take from this season when looking towards 2016-17. There is nothing to think that a better future is on its way and a few wins near the end of the year do not change that.

I don't think I have ever been so lacking in optimism regarding MSU hockey.
    I'm with you Pirate. Moses lead the Israelite's for forty years before reaching the Promised land. But Moses was not allowed to cross over the River Jordon into the land of Israel. Hope we don't have tCHHCoMSU that long.
    Last edited by Decatur Spartan; 02-22-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

The Chicago Steel are already saying that they're keeping Sparty-bound Mitch Lewandowski there in Chicago for next season. He had a couple good years at Detroit Honeybaked and this is his rookie USHL season. He seems to be growing at the USHL level now, so hopefully playing there one more season, and probably as a team leader, will give him all the tools to go into East Lansing as a contributing feshman
      I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
        The Chicago Steel are already saying that they're keeping Sparty-bound Mitch Lewandowski there in Chicago for next season. He had a couple good years at Detroit Honeybaked and this is his rookie USHL season. He seems to be growing at the USHL level now, so hopefully playing there one more season, and probably as a team leader, will give him all the tools to go into East Lansing as a contributing feshman
        Well, so much for this Big Ten directive that older players aren't welcome in college hockey then.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Well, so much for this Big Ten directive that older players aren't welcome in college hockey then.
          He's still young. If he waits a year he will be 19 during his freshman year.

Our defense has been so thin and such a disaster I feel it will be a multi-year project to fix. Next season we will be leaning on some 18 year olds and a kid who is coming off a knee injury AND hasn't played college hockey yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
            He's still young. If he waits a year he will be 19 during his freshman year.

Our defense has been so thin and such a disaster I feel it will be a multi-year project to fix. Next season we will be leaning on some 18 year olds and a kid who is coming off a knee injury AND hasn't played college hockey yet.
            I will admit Osburn has been really impressive so far. Reminds me of Krug in a lot of ways now that he has gotten those freshman jitters out of his system. But I agree our D-core will be extremely young next year.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
              I will admit Osburn has been really impressive so far. Reminds me of Krug in a lot of ways now that he has gotten those freshman jitters out of his system. But I agree our D-core will be extremely young next year.
              And with a Goalie who hasn't seen much play time.
              Could be a long season again.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                Mitch Eliot who plays for Muskegon, will be 20 when he arrives in EL this fall. He has 10 pts, and a minus 8, in forty games this season. So much for tCHHCoMSU's idea's on older players.

Comment

Well, our bye week is done. Anybody think we can ride sweep momentum this next weekend?

Personally, I do not believe a sweep against a very poor Wisconsin team in which we were pretty thoroughly outshot is a sign of progress but we'll see how this goes in 5 days.

I have a feeling that Anastos will stick around. No real evidence, just a feeling. I have been doing a lot more recruit watching recently since I feel that they are all I have in which to fell optimistic.
                  Last edited by Pirateasaur; 02-28-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I think Minnesota comes in angry this weekend. In the past there have been some pretty close games at Munn, but I'm feeling a couple blow outs.

The only way I want momentum is if it somehow carries us to a tourney win in St Paul and puts us in the tournament. Otherwise, adding wins at this stage is just giving the band more music to play while the ship goes down.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I see one more win this season. Against OSU. So a 10-23-3 season record. And a first round match up with the Buckeyes, which could go either way. But something to consider, in the brief two season experiment of the B10 Tourney, MSU is the ONLY team, not to win a single game. So to quote Carl Spackler "They got that going for them, which is nice". And I think tCHHCoMSU is good for at least one more season.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                        And I think tCHHCoMSU is good for at least one more season.
                        As much as I enjoyed that sweep last weekend against Wisconsin, I genuinely think it bought Anastos another season.
                        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                        66 - 86 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                          As much as I enjoyed that sweep last weekend against Wisconsin, I genuinely think it bought Anastos another season.
                          Hey, that sweep did come against a team that is actually 2 places above MSU in the PairWise right now.

Comment

Please beat Minnesota. Or at least tie them.
                            ---
                            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                            19 Conference Championships
                            10 Conference Tournament Championships
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                              Whaaat no way. I think he comes back but not because of that. Wisconsin has won 6 games all year. A sweep of that team does not mean anything. If Hollis retains the staff based on last weekend it would mean that he is looking for even the smallest, most dimunitive reason to not have to pay attention to the hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                                As long as you swept bucky last time you played you might as well sweep Goldy back to minnehaha.....
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X