PDA

View Full Version : MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

owslachief
03-26-2016, 10:47 PM
the Current Head Hockey Coach of MSU. tCHHCoMSU. I refuse to use his name.
Oh please, he's not VOLDEMORT

owslachief
03-28-2016, 09:27 AM
http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/03/27_report_tony_granato_to_coach.php

See here's the thing ... we are screwed. That's not only experience at the highest level at the top, that's top-notch assistant staff as well. Considering the freshman talent Wiscy had this year, the high-caliber offense developing at tOSU, can you think of any reason why we're not staring at the abyss next season? Maybe its me, sitting at home for yet another year of regionals so perhaps my mood is a bit fouled.

I am sorry I ever bought the snake oil or sipped the Koolaid ... switching to hemlock. Mark, are you paying attention to what's happening lately?

Pirateasaur
03-28-2016, 10:14 AM
http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/03/27_report_tony_granato_to_coach.php

See here's the thing ... we are screwed. That's not only experience at the highest level at the top, that's top-notch assistant staff as well. Considering the freshman talent Wiscy had this year, the high-caliber offense developing at tOSU, can you think of any reason why we're not staring at the abyss next season? Maybe its me, sitting at home for yet another year of regionals so perhaps my mood is a bit fouled.

I am sorry I ever bought the snake oil or sipped the Koolaid ... switching to hemlock. Mark, are you paying attention to what's happening lately?

We're certainly in danger of having by far, the least qualified coaching staff in the B1G. Well, Newton and Kelly aren't anything to sneeze at, at least on paper. But we're going to have to hope we start rocketing skywards because the other teams probably are not going to be dropping off from here now that Wisky is maturing with a great staff and PSU will no longer be working with club kids. There really isn't anything for us to do but buckle our optimism belts and settle in for the ride. Or at least an extension of the ride we have been taking.

We'll see what happens when Hollis doesn't have to travel around the country doing B-ball stuff. I know he was off at some Elite 8 site last night. Maybe we will hear something by this time next week.

Decatur Spartan
03-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Oh please, he's not VOLDEMORT

Sure he is. The destroyer of all that is right, and good in this world. The only thing he is lacking (other then coaching ability) are the Death Eaters.

Decatur Spartan
03-28-2016, 11:33 AM
We're certainly in danger of having by far, the least qualified coaching staff in the B1G. Well, Newton and Kelly aren't anything to sneeze at, at least on paper. But we're going to have to hope we start rocketing skywards because the other teams probably are not going to be dropping off from here now that Wisky is maturing with a great staff and PSU will no longer be working with club kids. There really isn't anything for us to do but buckle our optimism belts and settle in for the ride. Or at least an extension of the ride we have been ta
We'll see what happens when Hollis doesn't have to travel around the country doing B-ball stuff. I know he was off at some Elite 8 site last night. Maybe we will hear something by this time next week.

We can but hope Mr. Hollis will indeed pay close attention to what the other B10 Hockey Schools have, and are doing. And will make the necessary adjustment to the Coaching staff.

billmich88888
03-28-2016, 11:49 AM
We're certainly in danger of having by far, the least qualified coaching staff in the B1G. .

If Red retires, not sure that Michigan's will be all that "experienced".

UMICH
03-28-2016, 10:09 PM
You're still alive? I thought sparty hockey was comatose for a few months.

Pirateasaur
03-29-2016, 09:57 AM
You're still alive? I thought sparty hockey was comatose for a few months.

It likely will be once the coaching situation is verified unless a change is made.

giwan
03-29-2016, 10:14 AM

Seriously think about it. Hollis is traveling for bouncy ball stuff? WHY? Somehow Barry was able to do it with all the bouncy ball travel. Not meaning to pour salt into a wound but Barry's team went a lot further in the bouncy ball dance.

aallenpollreisz
03-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Seriously think about it. Hollis is traveling for bouncy ball stuff? WHY? Somehow Barry was able to do it with all the bouncy ball travel. Not meaning to pour salt into a wound but Barry's team went a lot further in the bouncy ball dance.He's the chairperson of the NCAA D-I men's basketball committee, so he's probably doing a fair amount of non-MSU stuff too.

John J. MacInnes
03-30-2016, 07:57 AM
Hollis hosted his "Inside MSU Athletics" radio show yesterday, and had Anastos on as a guest. I'd say that's a pretty clear sign that there are no immediate plans to dismiss him.

Decatur Spartan
03-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Hollis hosted his "Inside MSU Athletics" radio show yesterday, and had Anastos on as a guest. I'd say that's a pretty clear sign that there are no immediate plans to dismiss him.
Yeah. Good reasoning. Did tCHHCoMSU have anything to say?

Pirateasaur
03-30-2016, 10:07 AM

Well, that is almost certainly our answer. I guess we just have to hope Anastos has known what he's been doing this entire time.

owslachief
03-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Well, that is almost certainly our answer. I guess we just have to hope Anastos has known what he's been doing this entire time.
If he does, then they both have far more patience with the program than a mere mortal like myself. I can't wait 9 years (see Graham Couch Q&A from early March (http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2016/03/03/couch-anastos-talks-frustration-optimism-and-his-plan-msu-hockey/81278092/)). Time to hang around the volleyball program a little more I guess :).

J.D.
03-30-2016, 10:50 AM

Gives him more time to put his super staff together for when he fires anastos after next year :)

gomsuman
03-30-2016, 11:09 AM
Well there goes MacEachern (signed with the St Louis Blues today). Say goodbye to any hopes we had of being respectable next year. I hope he makes it at the next level. I hate to say it but he seemed to be held back by his teammates at times...

owslachief
03-30-2016, 11:28 AM
Well there goes MacEachern (signed with the St Louis Blues today). Say goodbye to any hopes we had of being respectable next year. I hope he makes it at the next level. I hate to say it but he seemed to be held back by his teammates at times...

I guess we can move Appleton into his shoes. Sad to see Mac go but was preparing.

aallenpollreisz
03-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Well there goes MacEachern (signed with the St Louis Blues today). Say goodbye to any hopes we had of being respectable next year. I hope he makes it at the next level. I hate to say it but he seemed to be held back by his teammates at times...First, I'm happy MacEachern's about to get paid. Best of luck to the kid.

I think we're guaranteed to lose 30 games next season now.

Decatur Spartan
03-30-2016, 01:09 PM
First, I'm happy MacEachern's about to get paid. Best of luck to the kid.

I think we're guaranteed to lose 30 games next season now.

I just saw that. I had little hope going into 2016/17. Just makes it a bit worse.

aallenpollreisz
03-30-2016, 01:37 PM
So, the Anastos question? Here's the answer. (http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2016/03/30/couch-column-anastos-returning-msu-hockey/82422382/)

I'm screaming on the inside. I'm screaming on the outside.