Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
    How much do you attribute Hildebrand's horrible numbers to his terrible team, as just opposed to him having a terrible year?
    It's a terrible team. Best example: Giving up a 2 on 0 while on the PP against PSU.
    That is a sign of a bad, bad team.

This team, playing it's absolute best, can but hope to go to OT against.....well, anybody.
    Even the High School took them to OT.

Comment

Also, are they contractually obligated to do the dance cam with a few minutes left in front of a rapidly emptying arena? If it wasn't for little kids not caring about what they are watching then it would just be the "bummed fans sitting there cam."

Edit: Also, I have been trying to remember for years to bring this up here but I always forget! The puck shuffle is too **** easy! Make us earn it!
      Last edited by Pirateasaur; 02-14-2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
        Neg reps still exist here? Maybe not on mobile. Most of us have long accepted as reality any "burn" you can throw at us so I guess I am a bit surprised.
        Yea I know, I haven't said anything negative about you guys in over a year. I mean it's just not fun. It'd be like picking on the disabled kid in gym class. You guys are down right now, it's no fun picking on someone who knows that he's going to lose.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
          How much do you attribute Hildebrand's horrible numbers to his terrible team, as just opposed to him having a terrible year?
          It's got to be the entire team. The guy can't do it all himself, I think he's just mailed in the season (can't say that I blame him).

***This was just an outsiders perspective.
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            Yea I know, I haven't said anything negative about you guys in over a year. I mean it's just not fun. It'd be like picking on the disabled kid in gym class. You guys are down right now, it's no fun picking on someone who knows that he's going to lose.
            Last I checked, you should be able to tell who's -rep'd you. ??

(and it ain't me )

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              Last I checked, you should be able to tell who's -rep'd you. ??

(and it ain't me )
              I think that's only if you're premium. Some dude rep'd me a few pages back but didn't leave his name either and I have no idea how to find out.

Went to the game Friday, that might've been worse than 9-2. At least the team looked like they cared for part of 9-2.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Went to the game Friday, that might've been worse than 9-2. At least the team looked like they cared for part of 9-2.
                That's exactly what I thought! Most people would automatically assume 9-2 against UM was the worst and while I wasn't going to exactly try to defend that game, I felt like bad luck and poor goaltending were partly to blame for that disintegration. The PSU game somehow felt even more pathetic right from the drop of the puck.
                Last edited by Pirateasaur; 02-15-2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I agree that the 6-1 loss vs PSU was way worse then the 9-2 dismantling. That loss Friday was just due to very poor effort by almost every player on our roster. Not a single guy seemed to really be playing hard and we paid the price.

Also looking forward to next year (because, well, this year is practically over) do you guys think we lose any underclassman? The only one I can even imagine leaving early is MacEachern... but maybe Holland has earned himself an AHL career in fighting. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                    I agree that the 6-1 loss vs PSU was way worse then the 9-2 dismantling. That loss Friday was just due to very poor effort by almost every player on our roster. Not a single guy seemed to really be playing hard and we paid the price.

Also looking forward to next year (because, well, this year is practically over) do you guys think we lose any underclassman? The only one I can even imagine leaving early is MacEachern... but maybe Holland has earned himself an AHL career in fighting. Thoughts?
                    Who knows what he is thinking but I would be shocked if MacEachern stuck around. I'm sure he enjoys it here but it also must be unbelievably frustrating to put so much of your life into your college hockey career and this to be the payoff. I am also skeptical of any NHL team's confidence in MSU's ability to develop their draft picks at the moment so I am not confident in what his council will suggest. Also, would a coaching change push him out of the door? Would it keep him here? I really hope he stays.

I anticipate morale is pretty low. Attrition is usually noy a concern these days but we lost a couple guys last year. There isn't anyone else who is even close to ready for an NHL jump so it pretty much just depends on how happy the guys are here.
                    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 02-15-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

As much as I sort of hope we lose each game to speed up the quest for a new coach, it would be nice to get at least three points this weekend to help stay at 5th in the standings. Even though we'll probably lose, I'd much rather play OSU than PSU in the opening round of the BTT.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        As much as I sort of hope we lose each game to speed up the quest for a new coach, it would be nice to get at least three points this weekend to help stay at 5th in the standings. Even though we'll probably lose, I'd much rather play OSU than PSU in the opening round of the BTT.
                        I don't know. Depends on who you want to lose too? OSU or PSU? I'd rather lose to OSU. Older program. Not the stigma of losing to a fourth year program in PSU. But either way, the more losses, maybe the sooner we can have a Coaching change.

Comment

Hey we're somehow in 4th! Sure, we've played two more games than OSU, but who would've thought the Big Ten was so bad we could be in 4th with any amount of games played. No chance at 3rd though so at this point it's playing for the line change on St. Patty's.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Hey, if you're not careful Anastos will be back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              Hey, if you're not careful Anastos will be back next year.
                              Well.....I was thinking the same thing. Maybe this is the equivalent of wandering for Forty Years with an occasional glimpse of the Holy Land. We are just in year four..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                                Well.....I was thinking the same thing. Maybe this is the equivalent of wandering for Forty Years with an occasional glimpse of the Holy Land. We are just in year four..........
                                I really don't think so. Unless the most unlikely trip to the frozen four of all time happens, there is nothing positive to take from this season when looking towards 2016-17. There is nothing to think that a better future is on its way and a few wins near the end of the year do not change that.

I don't think I have ever been so lacking in optimism regarding MSU hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X