Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

RE: Hildebrand.

Poor dude's been hung out to dry all season. Even last Friday in that win against Michigan, he saw 41 shots. That night, the defense was brutal as usual, but at least made plays when it absolutely had to.

Saw 42 shots the next night in one of the worst MSU defensive performances I've ever seen. Didn't see the game tonight - I'm snowed in and have work early tomorrow morning - but he saw another 49. Judging from the text above, it was likely more of the same. Frankly, it has been like that since November.

I know we're badly hurt back there, but there's still no excuse for the laziness. Frankly, I'm at the point where the losing doesn't affect me anymore, but the overall lack of effort still drives me insane. It's an indictment of the coach and his inability to inspire the kids around him. Even Comley's worst teams never half-a**ed to this level.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      I think that was our worst game that I have seen on tv or in person. Most would assume the first UofM game but this was the one for me. The team and crowd were completely dead from start to finish and PSU whipped us. The bad turnovers, defensive breakdowns and blown coverages were rampant along with very little spark on offense.

The most ridiculous moment of the season was PSU's 2 on 0 WHILE ON THe PK. Not only did that actually happen but they could have crawled into the zone to the net before any Spartan would have touched them. There was no one in sight.

This was a bad, bad performance.
      A bad performance, the 1st and 3rd were the worst periods of hockey MSU has played all season. Zero passion, vastly outskated, could not handle the puck. Holland is brutal. PERIOD. We were also horrible between the blue lines.

But in all, I feel like state got run over by a Mack truck, and I was embarrassed to be there tonight.

Anastos just pure ****es me off.

So, let me just bring this up again: when do we hit bottom, exactly? Is this it?
      Last edited by owslachief; 02-12-2016, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        A bad performance, the 1st and 3rd were the worst periods of hockey MSU has played all season. Zero passion, vastly outskated, could not handle the puck. Holland is brutal. PERIOD. We were also horrible between the blue lines.

But in all, I feel like state got run over by a Mack truck, and I was embarrassed to be there tonight.

Anastos just pure ****es me off.

So, let me just bring this up again: when do we hit bottom, exactly? Is this it?
        I do not know. PSU is a legitimately good team this year, but they aren't THAT good. The team was woefully unprepared tonight.

I think we will have a better showing tomorrow. There has to be some pride left, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          I do not know. PSU is a legitimately good team this year, but they aren't THAT good. The team was woefully unprepared tonight.

I think we will have a better showing tomorrow. There has to be some pride left, right?
          One would hope there is some pride left in that locker room. But I have my doubts as to how much, or who has it.

Noke, you around? Interested in your opinion.

Comment

You know what kills me the most out of all this? Is that Anastos doesn't even have the decency to play Minney instead of Hildebrand. Basically you are probably killing some of Hildy's shot at the NHL because his stats are so woefully bad this season compared to the last two and hurting Minney's development at the same time. All just because he is trying to save his job instead of looking towards next year. I'm not saying Hildy should sit every night but my god give the kid a break, its not like Minney is some awful goaltender who couldn't stop a watermelon fired his direction... the kid was on the Under-18 national team and has showed nothing but promise when he does play. Rant over.

This is per MSU's statistics off the website..

## Name GP-GS Minutes GA Avg Saves Pct W L T Sho PP SH EN PEN SOG
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            45 Minney, Ed 4-1 125:53 7 3.34 62 .899 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
            30 Hildebrand, Jake 29-28 1629:02 91 3.35 799 .898 7 19 1 2 15 3 0 0 0

Comment

To whoever negative repped me and said that I was trolling. I've never been anything but respectful here. Sure, I hate sparty more than suckeye but I haven't ever taken a cheap shot.

Oh, and way to be a man and not sign your post. Typical...
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                To whoever negative repped me and said that I was trolling. I've never been anything but respectful here. Sure, I hate sparty more than suckeye but I haven't ever taken a cheap shot.

Neg reps still exist here? Maybe not on mobile. Most of us have long accepted as reality any "burn" you can throw at us so I guess I am a bit surprised.

Comment

We played so much better than last night's humiliating effort. Well enough to win and we once again lose a late lead and can't take it back.

No one would bat an eye at the results of that game if we were even having a good year but the reality here is that it is just another game we don't close out. Another game we don't win.

Hildebrand played very well but that first goal was a horrible bummer.

Nevertheless, I thought Haag made a number of great plays both with the puck and without.

Cox made another stinging beauty of a shot block. So did Ferrantino. Might as well give some positive props where they are deserved. We don't have much else.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                    One would hope there is some pride left in that locker room. But I have my doubts as to how much, or who has it.

Noke, you around? Interested in your opinion.
                    Watching tonight's game, I see there's still some pride.

But that's about as high a gear as they've got. Penn State is clearly a notch higher. Still, I cheer for anything positive, like much better jump and a more confident team than last night. Can't let a 5-on-3 slip away like that though - it would have been one heck of an answer to cash in there.

Comment

Agreed with everything already said about the overall goaltender situation and Minney. Considering that Minney is likely going to be the everyday starter next season, Hildebrand and Minney need to be splitting starts.

It's comical that we trot him out there only for games against tNTDP.
                      66 - 86 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post

I will apologize for the person that did that to you UM. That is not who we are here on this site. This is not the Free Press or Det. News, but a site dedicated to College Hockey, and not, as you know, a site that panders to the lowest common denominator (we hope). We even like Wisco and Golden Choker.
                        Blessings and Peace to you during this Season of Lent.

Comment

Going through MSU's Goals For (GF)(in my head) in the ten games since GLI: 18 GF. 1.8 per game for a stellar record of 2-7-1. Since GLI, no game scoring more then 3. Since the first week of November, have not scored more then 4. I believe the goal average is now under 2.3 - 2.35. Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                            Going through MSU's Goals For (GF)(in my head) in the ten games since GLI: 18 GF. 1.8 per game for a stellar record of 2-7-1. Since GLI, no game scoring more then 3. Since the first week of November, have not scored more then 4. I believe the goal average is now under 2.3 - 2.35. Not good.
                            Hard to believe we had that month long stretch earlier where we were probably pacing with the highest scoring teams in the country. It was there. 3 or 4 weekends in a row against decent competition isn't a fluke, in my opinion. I am not saying we could keep that up but the numbers since show that this team definitely lost something. I feel it's a safe bet that whatever they lost is long gone by now.
                            Last edited by Pirateasaur; 02-14-2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

How much do you attribute Hildebrand's horrible numbers to his terrible team, as just opposed to him having a terrible year?
                              CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                                How much do you attribute Hildebrand's horrible numbers to his terrible team, as just opposed to him having a terrible year?
                                I cannot recall a Michigan State team that was so lazy and inept defensively.

We never try to force turnovers, we never try to block shots, we stand in spots like road cones, we seem to accidentally screen the cage all the time, and we seem to give up at least one grade-A backdoor opportunity per game. When the defense is at its worst, Hildebrand sees between 40 and 50 shots.

Frankly, in that regard, Comley spoiled us. Defense was always a cornerstone of a good Comley team. Heck, even his terrible MSU teams played passable defense.
                                66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Working...
                                X