Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Who, of note do you have coming in next year?
    Oh, about what you would expect from this Coaching staff. No one spectacular. I see a fair number of USHL games, and not one of the MSU recruits has really stood out.

Goaltender John Lethemon of the Chicago Steel has been okay. But haven't seen much from the rest.
    So it will come down to player development............Yeah, like that's going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
      Oh, about what you would expect from this Coaching staff. No one spectacular. I see a fair number of USHL games, and not one of the MSU recruits has really stood out.

Goaltender John Lethemon of the Chicago Steel has been okay. But haven't seen much from the rest.
      So it will come down to player development............Yeah, like that's going to happen.
      I think Saliba is leading his USHL team in scoring. I think Hirose is doing well in the BCHL? One of those Canadian leagues. The D-men seem solid. I think Anastos' best class is coming in.

I do not think this is a good reason to stick with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
        I think Saliba is leading his USHL team in scoring. I think Hirose is doing well in the BCHL? One of those Canadian leagues. The D-men seem solid. I think Anastos' best class is coming in.

As you know, tCHHCoMSU's best class, is someone else worst class.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post

I agree it's not a good reason. Do I think they should be about 8 to 10 wins better next year, based on talent and a deeper defense? Sure. But it won't be enough to break the NCAA tournament drought, and for that reason, I'm out.

Comment

Logan Lambdin, a 20-year old skating for Bloomington Thunder has verbal'd for MSU. He's a 5'9, 177# right-winger. Currently he's second on the team with 17 goals and 28 points.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              Logan Lambdin, a 20-year old skating for Bloomington Thunder has verbal'd for MSU. He's a 5'9, 177# right-winger. Currently he's second on the team with 17 goals and 28 points.
              He has speed. Saw his hat trick in January against Muskegon. Saw him this past week end as well. He's quick. But I wonder who else was going after him other then tCHHCoMSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                As you know, tCHHCoMSU's best class, is someone else worst class.
                Well, it's not going to be Minnesota or Michigan level but an infusion of talent and (hopefully) future good coaching can only result in good things.

Comment

People forget that Comley's best recruiting class at MSU, according to the pundits, was the 2008 crew. We all know how that turned out.

It's not impossible to win with young teams in college hockey, but it's super tough. There will be some decent talent coming in next year, but I don't think there are enough ready-to-go, limited-development-needed kids to make MSU all that competitive next season.
                  Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                    People forget that Comley's best recruiting class at MSU, according to the pundits, was the 2008 crew. We all know how that turned out.

It's not impossible to win with young teams in college hockey, but it's super tough. There will be some decent talent coming in next year, but I don't think there are enough ready-to-go, limited-development-needed kids to make MSU all that competitive next season.
                    Hey you've got that right. These guys just didn't seem to mesh with the uppeclassmen buy man they (and a couple of club players) were pressed into service during a ridiculous spate of injuries. Going down this list:

The disappointing
                    *Leveille - Flashes of brilliance, but never made it past ECHL post-MSU, despite his 1st round draft status. Quite a troubled set of personal circumstances didn't help
                    Warda - Transferred after 1 season
                    Henderson - Transferred after 1 season
                    *Conboy - Suspended, kicked off team
                    *Nill - NHL-drafted but never really produced

Not so disappointing
                    Crandell - Became a 2nd-pairing d-man last 2 seasons.
                    Buttery - Decent 4 years
                    Shelgren - Dependable D-man with some offensive ability. Nice heavy shot.
                    Perlini - Drafted after soph. year and turned into important contributor
                    Palmisano - Had some memorable games, and a serviceable 3 years as starter after Lerg

* drafted before arriving
                    Last edited by owslachief; 02-12-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      Hey you've got that right. These guys just didn't seem to mesh with the uppeclassmen buy man they (and a couple of club players) were pressed into service during a ridiculous spate of injuries. Going down this list:

The disappointing
                      *Leveille - Flashes of brilliance, but never made it past ECHL post-MSU, despite his 1st round draft status. Quite a troubled set of personal circumstances didn't help
                      Warda - Transferred after 1 season
                      Henderson - Transferred after 1 season
                      *Conboy - Suspended, kicked off team
                      *Nill - NHL-drafted but never really produced
                      I do believe Conboy was only suspended one year but then left for bigger and better things (AHL). Tropp got the exact same penalty but he served the suspension and played a year later (very well I may add). So I highly doubt Conboy was kicked off the team. But who really cares anyways, the dude had 76 penalty minutes and only like 5 points in 21 games for MSU....

Comment

Conboy was booted off the team, if I recall correctly. I think there were other disciplinary problems, and that UM game, for whatever reason, was Comley's last straw.

That said, I think the separation was amicable, given that he was essentially ready to go to the AHL at that point. We wanted him gone and he wanted to leave.
                        Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 02-12-2016, 02:24 PM.
                        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                        66 - 86 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/sports/ann-arbo...oy_leaves.html

It just says he left school and Comley said he wasn't surprised. Never said Comley kicked him off team, but I guess that is essentially what Comley not being surprised meant.

P.S. the comments to that article are worth the read.
                          Last edited by gomsuman; 02-12-2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for checking me on that - yep ... ultimately it was Con Boy's decision.

Comment

I posted this just now on another thread:
                              What a pathetic example of a College Hockey Program MSU is. Absolutely pitiful. A disgrace to the University and It's alumni.
                              Absolutely schooled by a team in just it's fourth year. This MSU team can't, couldn't, complete a pass to save a life (or maybe a Head Coach).
                              Out shot. Out hustled. Out played. No heart (except the Goal Tender). No life. Certainly not Coached.
                              Hate to say it, but I'm thinking that Jake Hildebrand should have gone Pro after last season. With NO help from his 'Teammates", he has endured more then he should have. Five years into this 'Regime' and this is what we get; Disgusting.
                              With a record of 7-20-2, what justification, what possible sane reason, can the AD offer to keep this current Coaching Staff past this season?

Comment

• I think that was our worst game that I have seen on tv or in person. Most would assume the first UofM game but this was the one for me. The team and crowd were completely dead from start to finish and PSU whipped us. The bad turnovers, defensive breakdowns and blown coverages were rampant along with very little spark on offense.

The most ridiculous moment of the season was PSU's 2 on 0 WHILE ON THe PK. Not only did that actually happen but they could have crawled into the zone to the net before any Spartan would have touched them. There was no one in sight.

This was a bad, bad performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X