Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    I'm with you. For about 1/2 the game Team USA didn't appear that interested, like this was a scrimmage or something.
    It was a scrimmage...
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      It was a scrimmage...
      No, it was an exhibition game. There is a difference.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        OSU this week. Not exactly a juggernaut, and only have 3 games on us, but they've scored 15 more than us this year in two less games, and given up 17 less. Not to mention their win against BC.

Our best chance at a win the rest of the year probably comes against these guys, but I'm just not seeing it.
        They played a tough non league schedule and struggled to score goals. For the most part the goaltending has been soild. Now that the goal scoring has come around they have started winning some games. I don't take any team for granted and if the buckeyes don't cone out and play good hockey Michigan state will beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          They played a tough non league schedule and struggled to score goals. For the most part the goaltending has been soild. Now that the goal scoring has come around they have started winning some games. I don't take any team for granted and if the buckeyes don't cone out and play good hockey Michigan state will beat them.
          You are of course assuming, that MSU is capable of playing more then 5-10 minutes of what most of us would call 'competent Hockey'.
          I think, MSU's best chance is to pop in a couple of goals during player intro's and the National Anthem. Then see if they can hold onto that lead.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
            No, it was an exhibition game. There is a difference.
            Very minimal, it still doesn't count for the college teams.
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Very minimal, it still doesn't count for the college teams.
              Compared to the early October exhibitions, I think there's way more import placed on these games. The competition's quite a bit better, for one thing. 2. It's a good time to "check" yourself (as the D1 team) especially if you're struggling, and experiment with key adjustments mid-season. 3, in many cases the college coaching staff get their last scouting opportunity to see what they may be up against the following season.

Wait - does it actually count for the U18 team? For example toward USHL points?

Comment

Compared to the early October exhibitions, I think there's way more import placed on these games. The competition's quite a bit better, for one thing. 2. It's a good time to "check" yourself (as the D1 team) especially if you're struggling, and experiment with key adjustments mid-season. 3, in many cases the college coaching staff get their last scouting opportunity to see what they may be up against the following season.

No it doesn't. It should, as this MSU team may have a difficult time competing against some in the USHL.

Comment

Many of us fans from winning proprams have the opposite opinion.

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                  I wish we'd cancel this game. There is absolutely nothing good that comes out of these games. Especially with our own recruits trying to prove themselves by being chippy with the current team.

Three ejections tonight. All three of them Wolverines with the USA ejection being an incoming 2016-17 freshman.

What do those guys care, though? It's not like their college head coach for next year was there.
                  The game counts for the USNDP but it does not count in the USHL pointswise.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    Many of us fans from winning proprams have the opposite opinion.
                    You know we know we suck, right? Many of us are hoping we lose as much as possible to cause a coaching change.

Statements like this aren't even good trash talk. They're just reinforcement of the über arrogant dbag stereotype out of AA.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Way to screw up your season by winning....

Comment

Way to screw up your season by winning....
                        Yeah, I know...........

Comment

I was talking to a sparty alumnus last night (he's a former football player for sparty back during the Perles era) and he said that something major was going to happen in about 4 weeks for sparty hockey. He wouldn't say exactly what it was but the only thing that I can think of would be Anastos getting the boot. Anyone have any idea what he was talking about or was he just talking out of his butt per usual?

Comment

I was talking to a sparty alumnus last night (he's a former football player for sparty back during the Perles era) and he said that something major was going to happen in about 4 weeks for sparty hockey. He wouldn't say exactly what it was but the only thing that I can think of would be Anastos getting the boot. Anyone have any idea what he was talking about or was he just talking out of his butt per usual?
                            I know for sure something that's going to happen next week. You guys are going to go 80's Oilers on us for the third and fourth times this year.

The only things I can think of that that football player was talking about is Anastos getting the boot, or someone is ready to pony up the cash to finish the renovations to Munn.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Hmm..No idea UMer. Do you know if this individual has some sort of function within the MSU Athletic Dept?

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                                Hmm..No idea UMer. Do you know if this individual has some sort of function within the MSU Athletic Dept?
                                Not currently although I think that he said he had a minor coaching role vseveral years ago after he graduated. I can't give any more info. as he swore me to secreacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X