PDA

View Full Version : MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Decatur Spartan
02-23-2016, 11:15 PM
I will admit Osburn has been really impressive so far. Reminds me of Krug in a lot of ways now that he has gotten those freshman jitters out of his system. But I agree our D-core will be extremely young next year.

And with a Goalie who hasn't seen much play time.
Could be a long season again.

Decatur Spartan
02-24-2016, 08:40 AM
Well, so much for this Big Ten directive that older players aren't welcome in college hockey then.

Mitch Eliot who plays for Muskegon, will be 20 when he arrives in EL this fall. He has 10 pts, and a minus 8, in forty games this season. So much for tCHHCoMSU's idea's on older players.

Pirateasaur
02-28-2016, 02:25 PM
Well, our bye week is done. Anybody think we can ride sweep momentum this next weekend?

Personally, I do not believe a sweep against a very poor Wisconsin team in which we were pretty thoroughly outshot is a sign of progress but we'll see how this goes in 5 days.

I have a feeling that Anastos will stick around. No real evidence, just a feeling. I have been doing a lot more recruit watching recently since I feel that they are all I have in which to fell optimistic.

Spartanforlife4
02-28-2016, 02:48 PM
I think Minnesota comes in angry this weekend. In the past there have been some pretty close games at Munn, but I'm feeling a couple blow outs.

The only way I want momentum is if it somehow carries us to a tourney win in St Paul and puts us in the tournament. Otherwise, adding wins at this stage is just giving the band more music to play while the ship goes down.

Decatur Spartan
02-29-2016, 11:01 AM
I see one more win this season. Against OSU. So a 10-23-3 season record. And a first round match up with the Buckeyes, which could go either way. But something to consider, in the brief two season experiment of the B10 Tourney, MSU is the ONLY team, not to win a single game. So to quote Carl Spackler "They got that going for them, which is nice". And I think tCHHCoMSU is good for at least one more season.

aallenpollreisz
02-29-2016, 01:53 PM
And I think tCHHCoMSU is good for at least one more season.As much as I enjoyed that sweep last weekend against Wisconsin, I genuinely think it bought Anastos another season.

John J. MacInnes
02-29-2016, 02:48 PM
As much as I enjoyed that sweep last weekend against Wisconsin, I genuinely think it bought Anastos another season.

Hey, that sweep did come against a team that is actually 2 places above MSU in the PairWise right now. :confused:

MGoBlueHockey
02-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Please beat Minnesota. Or at least tie them.

Pirateasaur
02-29-2016, 08:55 PM
As much as I enjoyed that sweep last weekend against Wisconsin, I genuinely think it bought Anastos another season.

Whaaat no way. I think he comes back but not because of that. Wisconsin has won 6 games all year. A sweep of that team does not mean anything. If Hollis retains the staff based on last weekend it would mean that he is looking for even the smallest, most dimunitive reason to not have to pay attention to the hockey program.

UMICH
02-29-2016, 08:59 PM

As long as you swept bucky last time you played you might as well sweep Goldy back to minnehaha.....:rolleyes:

Pirateasaur
02-29-2016, 09:01 PM
Actually, one thing I find curious is Anastos's refusal to give Minney any starts; Something that could pay dividends next year. It's almost as if Anastos feels he is fighting for his job right now. If he knew he was coming back then you'd think he might take steps to prep next season's goaltender for what you would assume is a do or die season.

aallenpollreisz
03-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Actually, one thing I find curious is Anastos's refusal to give Minney any starts; Something that could pay dividends next year. It's almost as if Anastos feels he is fighting for his job right now. If he knew he was coming back then you'd think he might take steps to prep next season's goaltender for what you would assume is a do or die season.He might just have a ton of faith in Lethemon and no faith whatsoever in Minney.

I don't know why he'd think that, but I've stopped trying to figure out Anastos two months ago.

Decatur Spartan
03-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Well, our bye week is done. Anybody think we can ride sweep momentum this next weekend?

Personally, I do not believe a sweep against a very poor Wisconsin team in which we were pretty thoroughly outshot is a sign of progress but we'll see how this goes in 5 days.

I have a feeling that Anastos will stick around. No real evidence, just a feeling. I have been doing a lot more recruit watching recently since I feel that they are all I have in which to fell optimistic.

What recruiting site do you visit? The only ones I have seen are hopelessly outdated.

Khryx
03-01-2016, 09:10 PM
What recruiting site do you visit? The only ones I have seen are hopelessly outdated.

I'm not the person you asked but have you checked Chris Hesienberg's list?
<a href=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ceKPgs6ciF5BIvnMMYiKzOY5yDBrjdq9ceiPvSdNIc/htmlview?pli=1#> List </a>

Pirateasaur
03-01-2016, 09:17 PM

Nothing great. Collegehockeynews.com lists current recruits but it tends to have errors at times. I then just check junior league websites for stats. The USHL website is pretty good. You can also do a google search for them and visit their eliteprospects.com page which do a pretty decent job of keeping track of stats and the teams they have played for over the years.

I have not checked the link just provided. Perhaps it is much better.

John J. MacInnes
03-02-2016, 08:38 AM
I have nothing to say, I'm just trying to push down the Movers & Packers threads since this one was below them.

aallenpollreisz
03-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Hey, that was a grade-A performance tonight against the Gophers. Some super-dumb penalties, but, generally speaking, it was a real solid effort. I think Hildebrand had one of his best performances in an MSU sweater tonight, too.

manurespreader
03-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Thank you Spartans.

MGoBlueHockey
03-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Thank you Spartans.

This, but for different reasons in our case. Now let's hope Wisconsin can replicate this next weekend.

Pirateasaur
03-07-2016, 10:10 AM
I was only able to see Friday's game(of course) but I thought we played pretty well that night after a sleepy first period. Obviously Saturday was good. Osburn was insanely active on Friday. I think he will end up being our highest scoring defenseman in this program since Krug.

I've resigned myself to the fact that we're in this for another year with the current staff so from now on I am going to try to think of reasons for optimism.