Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Complete inability to play defense in front of him. Overall blue line depth doesn't help much, either.

At this stage, his confidence is likely shot right now, too.
    Anastos should start the back-up goalie for a few games to get him some experience which would help him for next season.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Anastos should start the back-up goalie for a few games to get him some experience which would help him for next season.
      I've been screaming this from the highest mountaintop for about three weeks now.

Minney will play against tNTDP on Saturday, but Anastos didn't make it sound like that was going to be a regular thing.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
        Got to thinking about the possibilities for the rest of this season. IF MSU goes 12-0 to close out the regular season, and wins at least one game in the B10 tourney, they can finish at .500!
        Ah..........being a bit delusional aren't I?
        I think that was taken care of when you became a spartan fan....
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Things aren't so bad guys, you're up to 55th in the PWR....
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            Things aren't so bad guys, you're up to 55th in the PWR....
            Thank goodness for Little Sisters of the Poor!

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Television broadcast on Saturday had Nate Phillips' picture with Ferrantino's name & stats below it. I guess that's as close as we may get to a backup goalie start the rest of the year?
            Last edited by owslachief; 01-20-2016, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Considering what we lose after this season, if we retained the current staff, what do you guys think we would be talking about a year from now? It feels like we would be in for a bumpier ride than Wisconsin was last year. Might we end up dead last in PWR?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                Considering what we lose after this season, if we retained the current staff, what do you guys think we would be talking about a year from now? It feels like we would be in for a bumpier ride than Wisconsin was last year. Might we end up dead last in PWR?
                Unless we lose MacEachern, I'm not sure in the finalysis we lose a lot (see image, seniors highlighted).

*******https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxV...haring********

Plus the incoming freshmen include two guys who are among leaders for their respective leagues. The "word on the street" is that TA's best recruiting class is next season.

Need to add this
                It should be pointed out, however, that in almost every level, the other 5 Big Ten schools are kicking our butts in the talent they are bringing in the next 3-4 years.
                Last edited by owslachief; 01-20-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jus...key-red-wings/

only half way through the article but the first half is about how much abdelkader loves msu.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                    Well, tCHHCoMSU has many freshmen coming in next season. So I would hazard a guess and say 'Re-building Year'. Question is: Can this program, it's fan base and alumni hold on for another 2, 3, 4 years of this sort of performance?

Comment

We beat the high schoolers in OT after blowing a 2-0 lead in the last five minutes, so that's pretty neat.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        We beat the high schoolers in OT after blowing a 2-0 lead in the last five minutes, so that's pretty neat.
                        Nice to survive a scare for once, I guess.

Frankly, I thought our effort was pretty bad for most of the game. Disintegrated in the last seven minutes.
                        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                        66 - 86 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

OSU this week. Not exactly a juggernaut, and only have 3 games on us, but they've scored 15 more than us this year in two less games, and given up 17 less. Not to mention their win against BC.

Our best chance at a win the rest of the year probably comes against these guys, but I'm just not seeing it.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            OSU this week. Not exactly a juggernaut, and only have 3 games on us, but they've scored 15 more than us this year in two less games, and given up 17 less. Not to mention their win against BC.

Our best chance at a win the rest of the year probably comes against these guys, but I'm just not seeing it.
                            As much as I hate saying it o$u isn't that bad. They have defeated some terrific teams over the last couple of months. Granted the chit the bed in the first part of the year. They can score and they are getting outstanding goaltending. I think that you stand a better chance of beating Wisconsin. You've already beat them once this year...

But if you start feeling bad imagine how both LSSU and New Hampshire feel? They lost twice to you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              As much as I hate saying it o$u isn't that bad. They have defeated some terrific teams over the last couple of months. Granted the chit the bed in the first part of the year. They can score and they are getting outstanding goaltending. I think that you stand a better chance of beating Wisconsin. You've already beat them once this year...

But if you start feeling bad imagine how both LSSU and New Hampshire feel? They lost twice to you guys!
                              Yeah, I agree. OSU is pretty good. They had many injuries early in the season. But have really payed strong since Christmas. I foresee bad things happening to MSU in Columbus. As for beating Wisco, MSU did beat them at Munn. A come from behind win. But then got shut out the next night. So MSU will meet them next at the Kohl Center. And a win there is just not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                                Nice to survive a scare for once, I guess.

Frankly, I thought our effort was pretty bad for most of the game. Disintegrated in the last seven minutes.
                                I'm with you. For about 1/2 the game Team USA didn't appear that interested, like this was a scrimmage or something. But for MSU the third period was just plain ugly, and the result was what they deserved.

On the other hand, I enjoyed the flurry of activity that almost led to a goal in the first minute of overtime, and the Ebbing goal looked like a replica of the game-tying goal USA had.

Also, wasn't it nice to see a walk-off goal for MSU at Munn for a change??

Comment

Working...
                                X