PDA

View Full Version : MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Decatur Spartan
02-05-2016, 12:08 AM
So, how many penalty minutes will Rhett Holland get this weekend? I'll say eight. He'll show shocking restraint, given the opponent.

I'm thinking 11. 3 minors. And a 5 min major during which
um scores twice.

owslachief
02-05-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm putting my money on Matt DeBlouw, who's slogged nearly four seasons and roughly 18 games through this series. Plus he gets a little amp'd up anyway. Of late, Hoomaian's been feeling shame too at a good clip, so that trend may continue.

Pirateasaur
02-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Guys, just enjoy this while we can. Soon we will have a new staff and immediately start winning a lot. Games against Michigan will get scary and nerve racking again. Losses will sting once again.

Right now, it's an Udder Delights ice cream sandwich party. We know the losses are coming. Just eat that Udder Delight and relax. And hey, maybe we'll win every once in a while! Now you're really living high on the hog.

owslachief
02-05-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm following him. He has Udder Delights ice cream.

Spartanforlife4
02-07-2016, 11:23 AM
How are the Udder Delights? I still haven't had an ice cream cookie at a game since Melting Moments went away.

Maybe I'll have one next week when we get outshot by 25 against PSU.

aallenpollreisz
02-07-2016, 02:43 PM
It's MSU Dairy Store ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies. By default, those sandwiches are probably pretty good.

Pirateasaur
02-07-2016, 04:03 PM
How are the Udder Delights? I still haven't had an ice cream cookie at a game since Melting Moments went away.

Maybe I'll have one next week when we get outshot by 25 against PSU.

I think they are pretty great. I have not had one side by side with a melting moments one but I am pretty sure that are comparable.

Anyways, the talent/speed gap between us and Michigan is massive. That is probably the best team they have had in years but man would I like to have MSU be even semi-comparable on an annual basis.

Decatur Spartan
02-07-2016, 05:59 PM
I think they are pretty great. I have not had one side by side with a melting moments one but I am pretty sure that are comparable.

Anyways, the talent/speed gap between us and Michigan is massive. That is probably the best team they have had in years but man would I like to have MSU be even semi-comparable on an annual basis.

A new coach who can COACH, should be able to take care of that problem.

Decatur Spartan
02-10-2016, 08:56 AM
So with a 7-19-2 record. and eight games remaining, the magical 30 loss mark unattainable. I'm thinking one more victory on the season for a final record of 8-26-2. And add in a first round loss at the B10 tournament, 8-27-2. Matching the record loss number from Amo's 1977-78 team. But given the number of recruits coming for next season, I think tCHHCoMSU is safe until at least 2017. Another season of hopelessness at Munn.

UMICH
02-10-2016, 07:46 PM
So with a 7-19-2 record. and eight games remaining, the magical 30 loss mark unattainable. I'm thinking one more victory on the season for a final record of 8-26-2. And add in a first round loss at the B10 tournament, 8-27-2. Matching the record loss number from Amo's 1977-78 team. But given the number of recruits coming for next season, I think tCHHCoMSU is safe until at least 2017. Another season of hopelessness at Munn.

Who, of note do you have coming in next year?

Decatur Spartan
02-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Who, of note do you have coming in next year?

Oh, about what you would expect from this Coaching staff. No one spectacular. I see a fair number of USHL games, and not one of the MSU recruits has really stood out.

Goaltender John Lethemon of the Chicago Steel has been okay. But haven't seen much from the rest.
So it will come down to player development............Yeah, like that's going to happen.

Pirateasaur
02-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Oh, about what you would expect from this Coaching staff. No one spectacular. I see a fair number of USHL games, and not one of the MSU recruits has really stood out.

Goaltender John Lethemon of the Chicago Steel has been okay. But haven't seen much from the rest.
So it will come down to player development............Yeah, like that's going to happen.
I think Saliba is leading his USHL team in scoring. I think Hirose is doing well in the BCHL? One of those Canadian leagues. The D-men seem solid. I think Anastos' best class is coming in.

I do not think this is a good reason to stick with him.

Decatur Spartan
02-11-2016, 02:39 PM
I think Saliba is leading his USHL team in scoring. I think Hirose is doing well in the BCHL? One of those Canadian leagues. The D-men seem solid. I think Anastos' best class is coming in.

As you know, tCHHCoMSU's best class, is someone else worst class.

owslachief
02-11-2016, 05:28 PM

I agree it's not a good reason. Do I think they should be about 8 to 10 wins better next year, based on talent and a deeper defense? Sure. But it won't be enough to break the NCAA tournament drought, and for that reason, I'm out.

owslachief
02-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Logan Lambdin, a 20-year old skating for Bloomington Thunder has verbal'd for MSU. He's a 5'9, 177# right-winger. Currently he's second on the team with 17 goals and 28 points.

Decatur Spartan
02-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Logan Lambdin, a 20-year old skating for Bloomington Thunder has verbal'd for MSU. He's a 5'9, 177# right-winger. Currently he's second on the team with 17 goals and 28 points.

He has speed. Saw his hat trick in January against Muskegon. Saw him this past week end as well. He's quick. But I wonder who else was going after him other then tCHHCoMSU?

Pirateasaur
02-12-2016, 06:49 AM
As you know, tCHHCoMSU's best class, is someone else worst class.

Well, it's not going to be Minnesota or Michigan level but an infusion of talent and (hopefully) future good coaching can only result in good things.

aallenpollreisz
02-12-2016, 01:00 PM
People forget that Comley's best recruiting class at MSU, according to the pundits, was the 2008 crew. We all know how that turned out.

It's not impossible to win with young teams in college hockey, but it's super tough. There will be some decent talent coming in next year, but I don't think there are enough ready-to-go, limited-development-needed kids to make MSU all that competitive next season.

owslachief
02-12-2016, 01:15 PM
People forget that Comley's best recruiting class at MSU, according to the pundits, was the 2008 crew. We all know how that turned out.

It's not impossible to win with young teams in college hockey, but it's super tough. There will be some decent talent coming in next year, but I don't think there are enough ready-to-go, limited-development-needed kids to make MSU all that competitive next season.

Hey you've got that right. These guys just didn't seem to mesh with the uppeclassmen buy man they (and a couple of club players) were pressed into service during a ridiculous spate of injuries. Going down this list:

The disappointing
*Leveille - Flashes of brilliance, but never made it past ECHL post-MSU, despite his 1st round draft status. Quite a troubled set of personal circumstances didn't help
Warda - Transferred after 1 season
Henderson - Transferred after 1 season
*Conboy - Suspended, kicked off team
*Nill - NHL-drafted but never really produced

Not so disappointing
Crandell - Became a 2nd-pairing d-man last 2 seasons.
Buttery - Decent 4 years
Shelgren - Dependable D-man with some offensive ability. Nice heavy shot.
Perlini - Drafted after soph. year and turned into important contributor
Palmisano - Had some memorable games, and a serviceable 3 years as starter after Lerg

* drafted before arriving

gomsuman
02-12-2016, 01:50 PM
Hey you've got that right. These guys just didn't seem to mesh with the uppeclassmen buy man they (and a couple of club players) were pressed into service during a ridiculous spate of injuries. Going down this list:

The disappointing
*Leveille - Flashes of brilliance, but never made it past ECHL post-MSU, despite his 1st round draft status. Quite a troubled set of personal circumstances didn't help
Warda - Transferred after 1 season
Henderson - Transferred after 1 season
*Conboy - Suspended, kicked off team
*Nill - NHL-drafted but never really produced

I do believe Conboy was only suspended one year but then left for bigger and better things (AHL). Tropp got the exact same penalty but he served the suspension and played a year later (very well I may add). So I highly doubt Conboy was kicked off the team. But who really cares anyways, the dude had 76 penalty minutes and only like 5 points in 21 games for MSU....