Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

On yesterday.. what a disappointing performance in the 3rd. MSU had plenty of opportunities to get another goal in that game and just couldn't finish. Ebbing missed a wide open net on one chance because he didn't have his stick on the ice

This season reminds me of the season Jeff Lerg had like 50+ saves a game. Goaltending is great, defense is pitiful at times, and our offense can't do enough to take the pressure off the D. If this team didn't block so many shots Hildebrand would easily have close to 50 saves in every game.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
      Right that's what I said.. A new coach (Cole in particular) would probably have a better shot at getting those guys. I said Anastos just ignores and/or can't get any players from. Obviously it is more that he can't get any players from the NTDP's then it is him ignoring it.
      Judging from his post-game radio interviews and press conferences, he knows what the problems are. (If you recall, Comley would almost always say "we played well" and "a few bounces didn't go our way," even after losing games by six goals.)

This is, I don't know if Anastos knows how to fix those problems.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        Judging from his post-game radio interviews and press conferences, he knows what the problems are. (If you recall, Comley would almost always say "we played well" and "a few bounces didn't go our way," even after losing games by six goals.)

This is, I don't know if Anastos knows how to fix those problems.
        The guy in charge doesn't know how to fix the problems. The guys play their hearts out for two periods and take penalty after penalty in the third ... simply get outworked when it matters most. I feel sorry for every player on this roster, they believed in the program they were signing up for and I think there were sold a bill of goods. TA simply needs to step aside. I don't believe five years in is the time to be thinking about another rebuild.

Comment

There are four games I want/care to win the rest of the season. Two of them are next week. Otherwise, just let us lose out.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I think I'm jabbing a steak knife in my chest before the end of this season.

Christ, the last 10 minutes of that game were horrible. Walt turned up the aggression and we turned up the apathy. Heartless. Gutless. A disgraceful performance. A disgraceful GLI. Plenty of shame to go around on that bus ride back to campus tonight.
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              Some 20-something marketing exec whose suit is empty got paid tons of money to come up with this nonsense.

Introducing: The Iron Dâ„¢

Please. We don't have to like each other, but can we at least both agree, as two fanbases, that this is the dumbest idea and name of an idea ever? Worse than the Land Grant Trophy?
              Oh yeah. I do agree with you. Stupid and silly idea.

Comment

Absolutely embarrassing third period performance this weekend and over all in the last 9 games. 13 goals scored in the last nine for a average of 1.44. A record of 1-10-1 in the last twelve games. The current Head Coach say's he knows what the problems are. But obviously he isn't the person to fix them.
                Without Hildebrand, MTU would have been up 4-1 after the first period Tuesday. Turnovers followed by leaving the Goalie out on a limb. Both OT goals were preventable. Just chose not to prevent them. This is a team hoping for a win. Not playing for a win. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see guys jump to the OHL and recruits decommit during the off season after being sold on the mess that is now Spartan Hockey.

Comment

This stretch of one win in 12 games has been matched before by Anastos. Back in 2013-14 in the year of 2-2 ties, we went 1-7-4 during a period of the 2nd half.

Before that the worst one win stretch was 14 games under Comley in 08-09 during a 1-11-2 streak.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Not to rain on anyone's parade, and sorry to butt in, but first would you rather be Wisconsin? Now they have problems. Second, NMU is a good team. it's no disgrace to lose to them.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Not to rain on anyone's parade, and sorry to butt in, but first would you rather be Wisconsin? Now they have problems. Second, NMU is a good team. it's no disgrace to lose to them.
                      Put down the Kool-aid.

Comment

When you hire Anastos for political reasons and not for coaching skills, you end up with a bad product out on the ice .

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Ah....Don't see your justification for that as MSU had to come back to beat Wisconsin on a Friday night. Then got shut out by the Badgers the next night. We will trade you Tom Anastos for Mike Eves.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                            Ah....Don't see your justification for that as MSU had to come back to beat Wisconsin on a Friday night. Then got shut out by the Badgers the next night. We will trade you Tom Anastos for Mike Eves.
                            At least Eaves was a good coach at one point of his career.
                            66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Wisconsin certainly has issues, but NMU is a .500 hockey team.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Wisconsin certainly has issues, but NMU is a .500 hockey team.
                                Wiscy is clearly headed in the right direction. I would rather have what remaining issues they're dealing with.

Comment

Working...
                                X