Hockey East TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East TV

What going on with TV in this premier conference?
    Nothing from NESN or NBCSN and today they announce TV games
    with American Sports Network. Is that TV or internet

Any thoughts

Re: Hockey East TV

B1G is (not surprisingly) dragging their *** when it comes to announcing TV as well.
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
      What going on with TV in this premier conference?
      Nothing from NESN or NBCSN and today they announce TV games
      with American Sports Network. Is that TV or internet

Any thoughts
      Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 8h8 hours ago
      ASN will produce the games. NESN will likely still carry the games in the Boston market, though that deal has not been announced.

Comment

I've learned a little more about ASN today. It is not a channel, and partner channels in the different regions pick up the games. For example, in MN it's GetTV, which is SD and therefore lame. I'm guessing we won't be able to see the eastern ASN games in MN.

NBC and BTN need to announce soon. Struggling with patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
          I've learned a little more about ASN today. It is not a channel, and partner channels in the different regions pick up the games. For example, in MN it's GetTV, which is SD and therefore lame. I'm guessing we won't be able to see the eastern ASN games in MN.

NBC and BTN need to announce soon. Struggling with patience.
          I was wondering what ASN was...GetTV? Never heard of it.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I was wondering what ASN was...GetTV? Never heard of it.
            Neither had I until last year when they picked up a Gopher game. I didn't get to watch it though as I was at the game. It might also be in your guide as WUCW-2.

Comment

Also in looking at schedule a number of games start on Friday night at 6PM--BU moved their Friday
              games to 7:30 because fans could not get there by 7 because of traffic
              Why do paying fans at game come in last again

Comment

As long as the colleges are chasing the TV money, and why wouldn't they, you're going to have games at odd times to accommodate the nhl.
                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Absolutely horrible if you're an eastern team and stuck with a 6:00 game start. Not good for pre-gaming, not good for traffic/commuting/rush hour, etc. I appreciate it when the games are shifted even 15 to 30 minutes to 7:15 or 7:30 at Lowell as it allows more time to get there and settled, especially on Friday nights. You're going to see a lot of empty seats at 6:00 game time which will look really bad on tv. My guess is on tv nights, lots of fans will just stay away as who wants to fight traffic and so on to get there by 7:30 and the game maybe already near the end of the second period or even later? This is so inconsiderate of fans who attend the games.

I'm really glad that Lowell has none of these games at home except for a Sunday game vs. UConn on 12/6 at 1:00 which is beyone horrid scheduling, tv or not. At least the Patriots aren't until 4:25 that day.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Hey, Yale is relegated to the Ivy League Digital Network, be happy that you have any games televised! HDMI cable from computer to flat screen is my network. $50 bucks for every Ivy League Sport for four months isn't bad actually, gets you all the home games in BB, and Hockey. Not HD though.
                    Last edited by LTsatch; 09-23-2015, 09:15 PM.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

I'm really glad that Lowell has none of these games at home except for a Sunday game vs. UConn on 12/6 at 1:00 which is beyone horrid scheduling, tv or not. At least the Patriots aren't until 4:25 that day.
                      That's exactly why it's a 1pm start.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Absolutely horrible if you're an eastern team and stuck with a 6:00 game start. Not good for pre-gaming, not good for traffic/commuting/rush hour, etc. I appreciate it when the games are shifted even 15 to 30 minutes to 7:15 or 7:30 at Lowell as it allows more time to get there and settled, especially on Friday nights. You're going to see a lot of empty seats at 6:00 game time which will look really bad on tv. My guess is on tv nights, lots of fans will just stay away as who wants to fight traffic and so on to get there by 7:30 and the game maybe already near the end of the second period or even later? This is so inconsiderate of fans who attend the games.

Agreed. 6pm on a Friday night in Boston in the fall/winter is a disaster. That 6pm Fri night game at Agganis will be half empty at puck drop.

Comment

A 5:00 puck drop on a Sunday for UMass Lowell at Maine when the Patriots are playing the Giants at 4:25 has a half-empty Alfond written all over it.

Comment

BIG announced 6 games today on ESPNU
                            Sinclair broadcasting started ASN and they own 179 stations but sell some rights
                            to other stations so maybe NESN will end up with them but it is a worse package than
                            previous years
                            Still no word from NBCSN whose Notre Dame connection usually results in quite a few games..

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                              A 5:00 puck drop on a Sunday for UMass Lowell at Maine when the Patriots are playing the Giants at 4:25 has a half-empty Alfond written all over it.
                              Good thing that its a 1pm game being shown on delay then.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                              X