• Re: 2015-2016 USCHO Posters Poll

1. BCeey
    2. Wiscky
    3. Minny
    4. Quinny
    5. Bemidjy
    6. North Dakoty
    7. North Easterny
    8. Clarksony - I must comment and admit that my previous thoughts about Clarkson not deserving of this high of a rank may be absolutely wrong. Nice weekend.
    9. Princetony
    10. Harvardy

Interesting how it workeey for the top 5 and completely not for the 2nd fivey.

Comment

1 bc
      2 uw
      3 um
      4 qu
      5 bsu
      6 clarkson
      7 ne
      8 harvard
      9 princeton
      10 und

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
        1. BCeey
        2. Wisckey
        3. Minney
        4. Quinney
        5. Bemidjey
        6. North Dakotey
        7. North Eastey
        8. Clarkey
        9. Prinney
        10. Harvey

Interesting how it workeey for the top 5 and completely not for the 2nd fivey.
        Fixed your issue

As for me, switch Prinney and Harvey and you have my top 10.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
          Marked down for letting in 4 goals from Lindenwood.
          Fair enough, but Lindenwood isn't quite as anemic as it used to be. Note that the Lions put up four goals versus each of their Hockey East opponents, and that was over 60 minutes, not 120. But yeah, the Beavers haven't quite discovered last season's defensive magic when playing teams not named UND or UMD.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

1) Boston College
            2) Wisconsin
            3) Minnesota
            4) Quinnipiac
            5) Bemidji State
            6) North Dakota
            7) Clarkson
            8) Princeton
            9) Harvard
            10) Northeastern

Comment

1. BC - With Hockey East being so bad, they should go undefeated at least until the semi-finals
              2. Wisconsin - 2 games better than the Gophers and as far as I know, not gutless and fraudulent.
              3. Minnesota - Gutless and fraudulent among their many faults, ...They would make great Star Wars villains.
              4. Quinnipiac - Occupying this spot for now but as things play out, this spot could become another ECAC team by seasons end.
              5. Bemidji - Slightly more consistent of the three green teams in spots 5, 6, and 7. Plus they have a better nickname.
              6. North Dakota - The fighting Hawks...enough said. Wins over Minn and Wis land them here
              7. Clarkson - One of the two teams that have the most ceiling to move up the poll...Time to make a move.
              8. Northeastern - They are Hockey East's second best team...For whatever that is worth.
              9. Harvard - Reputation and talent is there. What will they DO with it?
              10. Princeton - I should probably consult a preschooler because I'm really not sure who belongs here.
              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-11-2016, 11:46 PM.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                Colgate over Harvard even though Harvard beat them 6-2? You're probably right next year, but now?
                I hadn't realized those 2 had just played. I just don't like Harvard this year and I buy Colgate toothpaste, that was the logic.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I hadn't realized those 2 had just played. I just don't like Harvard this year and I buy Colgate toothpaste, that was the logic.
                  Toothpaste choice and Harvard dislike...Works for me.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Toothpaste choice and Harvard dislike...Works for me.
                    Sounds like it has teeth to me.

Comment

1) Boston College
                      2) Wisconsin
                      3) Minnesota
                      4) Quinnipiac
                      5) Bemidji State
                      6) North Dakota
                      7) Northeastern
                      8) Clarkson
                      9) Princeton
                      10) Harvard
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        Fixed your issue

As for me, switch Prinney and Harvey and you have my top 10.
                        Darn, why didn't I see that??? Nice fix. I'll use that next week.

And regarding the switch between Prinney and Harvey - > I buy into that. My brain says your right, it's just my muscle memory from last year has a hard time with it.

Comment

Observations:

1. Everyone seems to be lining up with similar top 10. Exception is some Colgate love.
                          2. BC vs Wisconsin - Can we just get on with it? We know Wisconsin is the real deal. It's hard to judge just how good BC is except by looking at the colossal margins of victory against over-matched opponents.
                          3. Lots of concern about QU for 2nd half. I looked at box score and they outshot RPI 40 to 15 or something like that. Did not see Cianfarano in line-up. So maybe it was a case of hot goalie and leading scorer out.
                          4. Clarkson - I've been critical of high ranking. But 12-2 vs Yale/Brown is BC-like. However, Stanz wasn't in line-up. Sort of takes a little of the "wow" out of it. Harvard this weekend, Colgate next. That should give me a better read.
                          5. WCHA - I love this conference. 4 to 5 very good teams and every weekend there are season-making (and breaking) match-ups. ECAC seems similar but no superpowers. This weekend features Wiscky at Bemidjy and North Dakotey at Minn-Deey. Good stuffeey.

Comment

BC is the 2nd team in the modern era to enter the 2nd half with a perfect record.
                            BC also has a very similar SOS compared to Wisconsin based on every statistical model.

I'm just sayin'.

Comment

First poll of the 2nd half drops tonight, so make sure to get your votes in

Comment

1. bc
                                2. Wisconsin
                                3. Minnesota
                                4. Northeastern
                                5. Bemidji St
                                6. Quinnipiac
                                7. North Dakota
                                8. Harvard
                                9. Princeton
                                10. Clarkson