Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 USCHO Posters Poll

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    That said, nobody goes undefeated, it surprises me that a close loss to the #7 team would drop the Gophers from 1 to 3.
    The Gophers were ranked above UW and BC in large part due to having won the NCAAs last year. Defending champs are often afforded that courtesy until they lose, unless they are hit so heavily by graduation that they are no longer recognizable as being the same team. Had Clarkson won both of its games this weekend, then I think the Golden Knights would have passed the Gophers as well.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I don't participate here because I don't think any of us has seen enough of all of these teams (and early like this ANY of them) to make these guesses worthwhile.
      Safe to say I think that those who do participate here believe it's worthwhile or they wouldn't take the time to do it. For me it's just a fun way to follow how all the teams are doing.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Well, the moron who interviewed Potomac for the St. Paul paper (BS maybe? they didn't ID the questioner) had a question that included 'going undefeated' along with a lot of other stupidity.
        Bob Sansevere, a sports columnist for the Pioneer Press.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I pick the 12 ECAC teams in a tie for #11 through #22. 13 games played, 5 ties. Dartmouth squeaks by Harvard, Harvard squeaks by St Lawrence, St Lawrence squeaks by Dartmouth: loop-de-loop, loop-de-loop, loop-de-loop. Clarkson and Harvard tie. Clarkson and Dartmouth tie. For cripes sake, Union and Cornell tie!

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            Bob Sansevere, a sports columnist for the Pioneer Press.
            Yeah, "BS" meant Bobby. sorry for the confusion. Bob is trying to fill the Sid "SCUD" Hartman chair for pretending to know about hockey. It is not a compliment to say Bob is doing the job as well as Sid used to.

Comment

1. Wisconsin
              2. Boston College
              3. Minnesota
              4. Clarkson
              5. North Dakota
              6. Northeastern
              7. Bemidji State
              8. Quinnipiac
              9. Minnesota-Duluth
              10. Harvard

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                The Gophers were ranked above UW and BC in large part due to having won the NCAAs last year. Defending champs are often afforded that courtesy until they lose, unless they are hit so heavily by graduation that they are no longer recognizable as being the same team. Had Clarkson won both of its games this weekend, then I think the Golden Knights would have passed the Gophers as well.
                I disagree simply because there is no good yardstick for comparing yet. My guess is UW is a better team than UM at the moment & the lose didn't change that guess but, had the jerseys been reversed and W was #1 and M was undefeated (and unscored on in WCHA) I would not flip them. Thats just me - you see a lot more games than I do (probably than any of us) so I defer.

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Safe to say I think that those who do participate here believe it's worthwhile or they wouldn't take the time to do it. For me it's just a fun way to follow how all the teams are doing.
                DId not mean that as an insult, it is an interesting conversation. I do read it, I just don't think I believe I can know the teams well enough to play along. Obviously lots of other people don't see it that way and there is nothing wrong with that, I just felt I needed to add that as explanation because I normally don't post on this thread.

Comment

1. Wisconisn
                  2. bc
                  3. Minnesota
                  4. Northeastern
                  5. Clarkson
                  6. North Dakota
                  7. Bemidji St.
                  8. Qunnipiac
                  9. Princeton
                  10. Harvard

Comment

1 UW
                    2 UM
                    3 BC
                    4 NE
                    5 Clarkson
                    6 Bemidji
                    7 Fightin' Sue
                    8 Q
                    9 Harvard
                    10 Princeton

Others....UConn, Colgate
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

1. UM - Until Wisconsin beats them...otherwise
                      2. UW
                      3. BC
                      4. Clarkson
                      5. UND
                      6. BSU
                      7. NE
                      8. Quinnipiac
                      9. Harvard
                      10. UMD

Comment

1. UM -- I see the poll as forward looking and would still bet on Minnesota in any individual game.
                        2. BC -- With the exception of Bemidji for Wisco, have had a tougher schedule than Wisco and have more forward depth.
                        3. UW -- I mean obviously they could have been 2 but variety is the spice of life.
                        4. Clarkson -- No alternative, but where last week it looked like a big four, this week it looks a lot more like a big three + 1
                        5. Harvard -- Again, forward looking. Harvard pull it together as the year goes on.
                        6. UND -- Marks for achievement
                        7. BSU -- To all intents and purposes, tied with UND, but this weekend emphasises that UND are a team that plays a worse game on average but has a higher ceiling.
                        8. NE -- Does that loss to Lindenwood look less embarrassing now that Lindenwood have beaten mighty Penn State? No. No it does not.
                        9. Quinnipiac -- Holes in D and (although I thought her importance was overstated) the loss of Laden have made this a team that has to work harder; the coaching change has maybe led to a loss of focus. Perhaps this will be the year that Quinni ends stronger than they started, but they have a lot of history to overcome.
                        10. UConn -- because I understand this will help BC in the Pairwise.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Hmmm...somebody has Minnesota at 2? Might be the only one in the country (and that includes preschoolers).
                          Probably not the only one anymore...

1> Wisconsin - The only question I have is how did Providence score 2 on the BADgers?
                          2> BC - Maybe not as good at crushing cupcakes this year but probably an overall better team than last year.
                          3> Minnesota - They need a sports psychologist or hypnotist or some such thing to deal with the green thing.

4> Clarkson - They are the best of the green thing trio.
                          5> UND - They have used their green thing power on the rodents with some success.
                          6> Bemidji - They will soon get their chance to use their green thing power on the rodents.

7> KC and the Sunshine Band - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IbN5WcBriY (70's horn sections rule.)

8> Quinnipiac - FWIW, top of the bottom 3 of the top ten
                          9> Harvard - Not sure why they can't get things going at this point.
                          10> Princeton - I guess this could just as well be another team but why not the Tigers?
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

1. Wisconsin
                            2. BC
                            3. Minnesota
                            4. Clarkson
                            5. North Dakota
                            6. Bemidji St
                            7. Northeastern
                            8. Quinnipiac
                            9. Princeton
                            10. Harvard

Comment

1) Wisconsin
                              2) Minnesota
                              3) Boston College
                              4) Clarkson
                              5) Bemidji State
                              6) North Dakota
                              7) Northeastern
                              8) Harvard
                              9) Quinnipiac
                              10) Minnesota-Duluth

There's nothing clear cut at this point, other than Clarkson being at #4. The top three could be put in any order. 4-10, plus Princeton and maybe UConn, could appear in pretty much any order.

Comment

What's with the UMD votes? They beat Lindenwood and Mankato twice each and lost 6 games to ranked opponents. I know the wcha is the best league, but IMHO ranking them is a stretch, isn't it?
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X