Endicott College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endicott College

I have seen the new Endicott College rink. It looks pretty nice for a d3 barn. Rumor has it that one of their players is a transfer and a 4th round NHL draft pick. When was the last time a d3 team had one of those if ever? I expect them to be pretty decent for their league fairly quickly and challenge for a league title and NCAA bid.

Originally posted by Buck Woodshed View Post
    I have seen the new Endicott College rink. It looks pretty nice for a d3 barn. Rumor has it that one of their players is a transfer and a 4th round NHL draft pick. When was the last time a d3 team had one of those if ever? I expect them to be pretty decent for their league fairly quickly and challenge for a league title and NCAA bid.

I don't know about the 4th round draft pick part but Endicott is a school that takes their athletics seriously and I agree that they should become a force quickly for their league.

They have hired two proven coaches on both sides, built a nice on-campus rink with the name Ray Bourque on it. How could a kid from New England that isn't good enough for D1 not want to play there?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Endicott College

I think Hamline had a 3rd rounder or so on their roster a few years back, but I don't think he did much there.

Either way, best of luck to Endicott.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

[QUOTE=Buck Woodshed;6191980 Rumor has it that one of their players is a transfer and a 4th round NHL draft pick. When was the last time a d3 team had one of those if ever? [/QUOTE]

The player is Tim Boyle, Ottawa's 4th round pick in 2012. He played for Union in 2012-13, USPHL the year after and then Endicott's club team last season.

Comment

Originally posted by genecarr View Post
          The player is Tim Boyle, Ottawa's 4th round pick in 2012. He played for Union in 2012-13, USPHL the year after and then Endicott's club team last season.
          Me thinks Boyle will never be playing in the NHL...
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Not with that trajectory. He might be closer to the end of his career than anyone realizes.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Former UW-Stevens Point forward Travis Erstad was a 4th rd pick of the St. Louis Blues and the only notable thing that came of that was the Blues realizing they wasted their pick.
              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                I would say he must have size thats what they draft on at times,and with the name boyle he may have a brother in the NHL......go figure

Comment

Buck Woodshed good to hear from ya......

Comment

Chris Berenguer was the defenseman and Sid Watson winner from Hamline that I believe Hammer may be referring to. He was an incredible D3 player. I'm not certain that he was drafted, but I believe he could have been.

Like Webb said, Erstad was drafted for sure but never really amounted to much more than a lot of penalty minutes at Point. In his defense though, he was a very big power forward who was drafted out of Wisconsin high school hockey. Sometimes potential doesn't always pan out as forecasted...

Comment

Alex Hicks was a star at UW-Eau Claire who had good NHL career, although I'm not sure he was drafted. Goaltender Guy Hebert from Hamilton as well.
                      Last edited by altazo; 08-31-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Hard to tell. Scouts not perfect. Some guys late bloomers. Nice to see a new program with nice facilities. Kids put a lot into playing it's nice to have a place to play. Having a good time and enjoying the game is what it's all about. Sometimes that gets lost in the fog.

Comment

If a guy is drafted and the NHL still wants him, he's going to sign an ELC in the NHL instead of going from a DI school to a DIII school. Drafted players who are still on the radar don't drop to DIII.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            If a guy is drafted and the NHL still wants him, he's going to sign an ELC in the NHL instead of going from a DI school to a DIII school. Drafted players who are still on the radar don't drop to DIII.
                            I think that goes without saying...

I certainly did not mean to imply that D3 hockey is a logical stepping stone to the NHL.
                            Last edited by altazo; 08-31-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

you too Bakdraft! hope you've had a good summer. Things are good up here in MA.

Comment

Working...
                              X