Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Not having Healey hurt. The Spartans came at us pretty physical like we did against previous opponents but after Josh's suspension it looked like we were afraid to hit back.
    We NEED to have a physical presence against these guys or they'll wear us down and we CAN play better than them.
    Seemed the usual from the refs, we were tripped and interfered with most of the game and rarely a call against Sparty.
    I hope someone for us took down Holland's #11 last night for payback tonight as he was playing as dirty as a Wolverine!
    They didn't come to play and deserved to lose last night. The refs were pretty consistent both ways I thought. Yes they missed some that should have went on sparty but that's not an excuse for hiow ohio state played.

Comment

• Surprised we managed to win a low scoring game but glad we got the split.
      Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
      University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
        Surprised we managed to win a low scoring game but glad we got the split.
        Much better effort tonight. Still a bit sloppy with the puck but they managed to pull this one out.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

No excuse to split at home with a team that had only won one BIG Ten game and had not won a game since 12/11/15. Just when I think this team is finally starting to turn the corner they take two steps back with a home split vs Michigan State.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            No excuse to split at home with a team that had only won one BIG Ten game and had not won a game since 12/11/15. Just when I think this team is finally starting to turn the corner they take two steps back with a home split vs Michigan State.
            Yea this weekend was very disappointing to split with a team they are much better than. That effort on Friday was totally embarrassing to say the least. They are not good enough to take nights off and beat anyone. Bounced back saturday night with a nice effort but that should have been friday night too.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
              Yea this weekend was very disappointing to split with a team they are much better than. That effort on Friday was totally embarrassing to say the least. They are not good enough to take nights off and beat anyone. Bounced back saturday night with a nice effort but that should have been friday night too.
              That is the frustrating part of this team. For whatever reason, they have not learned that they need to come out and play a 60-minute game every night. Splitting every weekend indicates that this team has problems staying focused. That's not a good thing. If they ever learn that you need to show up and play 60 minutes every night, look out.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                Hey, cheap shot. You guys were pushing the envelope all series and a couple of our guys couldn't take it anymore so you got what you deserved. How could you lose to sparty?
                We saw it the exact opposite. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  We saw it the exact opposite. LOL!
                  So you knew that you were going to lose to sparty? Where is your confidence? sparty is putrid!
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So you knew that you were going to lose to sparty? Where is your confidence? sparty is putrid!
                    I'll give you we shouldn't have lost to them but we get another shot at both them and you to redeem ourselves.

Comment

Can't believe that I'm doing this but good luck this weekend gainst the Goof's....
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Can't believe that I'm doing this but good luck this weekend gainst the Goof's....
                        We'll see what we can do. The questions with our team are can they play a 60-minute game and can they repeat that 60-minute effort two or more times in a row. Lately, they have split. In the series vs your team, we won the first game (embarrassed ourselves by blowing a three-goal lead in the process), then laid an egg and lost the rematch in Ann Arbor. We played Penn State earlier this year ... another **** split ... lost Friday night, then rebounded and won Saturday. We really embarrassed ourselves vs a bad Michigan State team recently ... lost 4-2 Friday night, then got the split with a 2-1 win Saturday. We have too much talent to be splitting every **** weekend. I don't buy into the young team bull****. It's February, we are no longer a young team. Oh well, this season is all but done anyway. The only way this Ohio State team gets an NCAA bid is if they win the BIG Ten Tournament. Anyone who has followed the team this season knows that is not going to happen because that would require playing a 60-minute game three games in a row, something this team has not been able to do all season.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                          We'll see what we can do. The questions with our team are can they play a 60-minute game and can they repeat that 60-minute effort two or more times in a row. Lately, they have split. In the series vs your team, we won the first game (embarrassed ourselves by blowing a three-goal lead in the process), then laid an egg and lost the rematch in Ann Arbor. We played Penn State earlier this year ... another **** split ... lost Friday night, then rebounded and won Saturday. We really embarrassed ourselves vs a bad Michigan State team recently ... lost 4-2 Friday night, then got the split with a 2-1 win Saturday. We have too much talent to be splitting every **** weekend. I don't buy into the young team bull****. It's February, we are no longer a young team. Oh well, this season is all but done anyway. The only way this Ohio State team gets an NCAA bid is if they win the BIG Ten Tournament. Anyone who has followed the team this season knows that is not going to happen because that would require playing a 60-minute game three games in a row, something this team has not been able to do all season.
                          I'll take a split from you guys against the goof's. I'd prefer that you sweep them but I'm not gonna be greedy. Win one please. You took them to OT both games back in December at their place. That was back in December so... Regardless good luck.

Comment

I'll take a split from you guys against the goof's. I'd prefer that you sweep them but I'm not gonna be greedy. Win one please. You took them to OT both games back in December at their place. That was back in December so... Regardless good luck.
                            it's pretty funny to see a michigan fan jumping on the Ohio State bandwagon.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              'Funny'? Or did you mean 'pathetic'?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                                In everything but hockey ohio state fans are a bunch of ****** nozzles. However, I have met a few of them in person in addition to being respected here so I have no problem with ohio state hockey fans. Every one else that has anything to do with that "skool" can suck rocks though. Minnesota hockey fans are indeed bad though, not as bad as ohio state womens bouncy-ball but you still are !&*@$. Seeing as how we play you two more times but in Minnesota I'd prefer a cushion. I do not see a sweep of the goofs, heck winning one game there has proven to be unlikely. I am anything but jumping on the ohio state bandwagon. ohio state hockey receives absolutely zero support from the general ohio state community so I'm sure that old rickety pile of crap would fall apart if I hopped on. I would like ohio state to beat the goofs as it helps Michigan in the standings, and for them to beat sparty because I hate those evil little green gnats. Other than that I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                                X