Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    They did have their chances last night but they need to bury some of those. You can't win games in today's game only scoring one goal. That puts way too much pressure on your goaltending to produce shutouts. I didn't make it to today's game, but it sounds like they played better, finally getting into the win column with a 5-1 win. Wished I would have been at that game instead of wasting my time and money on the CBJ game tonight vs Winnipeg.
    Sounded much better today 1-7 is much better than 0-8. Week off and Canisus another team they should beat coming to town.

Comment

They did have their chances last night but they need to bury some of those. You can't win games in today's game only scoring one goal. That puts way too much pressure on your goaltending to produce shutouts.
      Truth.

I didn't make it to today's game, but it sounds like they played better, finally getting into the win column with a 5-1 win.
      You know, the two games weren't all that different -- except of course in result. On Saturday's opening goal, a hard drive off Nick Schilkey's stick hit a Mercyhurst shin pad and caromed into the net. It was as if that little bit of puck luck lifted a weight off the Buckeyes' shoulders, and it was smooth sailing from there.

At the post-game presser, Nick indicated that the Buckeyes did a much better job of getting to the net on Saturday. I'll certainly buy that. But I also feel that the hard work that was rewarded Saturday was rather similar to the hard work that went unrewarded Friday. That's hockey, I guess.

Wished I would have been at that game instead of wasting my time and money on the CBJ game tonight vs Winnipeg.
      Very tough time for the CBJ right now. But regardless of the goings on at Nationwide, Buckeye Hockey remains the best sports value in town.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        Very tough time for the CBJ right now. But regardless of the goings on at Nationwide, Buckeye Hockey remains the best sports value in town.
        I can't argue with that! Needless to say, I bought the CBJ tickets before the season started. I certainly wouldn't have shelled out the coin for lower bowl seats to watch that team if I had known they were going to come out of the block with a 2-9 record (now 2-10). That team has way too much talent to have a 2-10 record. I know it's an old hockey cliché, but the problem with the CBJ right now is their goal scorers aren't scoring goals. Tortorella appears to have corrected the defensive issues, for the most part, now they need to start putting pucks in the net.

Comment

I can't argue with that! Needless to say, I bought the CBJ tickets before the season started. I certainly wouldn't have shelled out the coin for lower bowl seats to watch that team if I had known they were going to come out of the block with a 2-9 record (now 2-10). That team has way too much talent to have a 2-10 record. I know it's an old hockey cliché, but the problem with the CBJ right now is their goal scorers aren't scoring goals. Tortorella appears to have corrected the defensive issues, for the most part, now they need to start putting pucks in the net.
          Don't worry about the CBJ - they will go on another late season winning streak to give everyone hope for next year. History,of course, tells us it will be false hope.

Sadly, with OSU in recent years we don't even get the false hope for the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            Don't worry about the CBJ - they will go on another late season winning streak to give everyone hope for next year. History,of course, tells us it will be false hope.

Sadly, with OSU in recent years we don't even get the false hope for the next season.
            Truth! It's brutal being a hockey fan in Columbus. At least the ladies have won some games, and not to get this thread on another tangent, but I am excited about the potential there with Jenny Potter coaching our program. You know me, I have been critical of the athletic department's treatment of our hockey programs (I know, gross understatement, right?) over the years, but I was thrilled with the hire of Jenny Potter, and I still am.

Comment

Truth! It's brutal being a hockey fan in Columbus. At least the ladies have won some games, and not to get this thread on another tangent, but I am excited about the potential there with Jenny Potter coaching our program. You know me, I have been critical of the athletic department's treatment of our hockey programs (I know, gross understatement, right?) over the years, but I was thrilled with the hire of Jenny Potter, and I still am.
              Agree with you on Jenny Potter. I think this was the work of assistant AD for hockey Shaun Richard. Program was stuck in neutral but he decided to take a big chance. I think it will pay off. If things don't turn soon he might get a chance to replace the men's coach too - though I hope Rohlik gets things together and makes it unnecessary.

Comment

Agree with you on Jenny Potter. I think this was the work of assistant AD for hockey Shaun Richard. Program was stuck in neutral but he decided to take a big chance. I think it will pay off. If things don't turn soon he might get a chance to replace the men's coach too - though I hope Rohlik gets things together and makes it unnecessary.
                I hope things work out with Rohlik, too, but I am always leery when someone gets hired because "that's who the players wanted" or "the players lobbied for so-and-so to get the job." Just because a coach is the players' buddy doesn't necessarily mean he is the best candidate for the job. Nonetheless, I agree with you and hope he gets the ship righted so that we don't have to worry about bringing in someone else.

Comment

Nice win last night beating a team that they should beat. New day new challenge do what you did yesterday and run this streak to 3.

Comment

For the most part, they did.

As for improvements, the Buckeyes went 3 for 6 on the Power Play. Meanwhile, Canisius was 0 for the weekend with the man advantage. Nice to win the special teams battle.

Finally, a quick welcome back to Columbus goes out to Buckeye Alum Dave Smith. Best of luck to you and your team the rest of the way.
                    Last edited by pgb-ohio; 11-19-2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                      For the most part, they did.

As for improvements, the Buckeyes went 3 for 6 on the Power Play. Meanwhile, Canisius was 0 for the weekend with the man advantage. Nice to win the special teams battle.

Finally, a quick welcome back to Columbus goes out to Buckeye Alum Adam Smith. Best of luck to you and your team the rest of the way.
                      Are you talking about Canisius head coach Dave Smith?

Comment

Are you talking about Canisius head coach Dave Smith?
                        Yes, of course you're correct. Post fixed. Good catch; apologies for my brain cramp.

For the record, Adam Smith joined the Buckeyes about the time Dave Smith graduated. As far as I know they aren't related; they just share a common last name.

Comment

Friday starts another tough 4 game stretch for the Buckeyes. Going on the road at Omaha and then start Big Ten Play at Minnesota will not be easy but lets hope they have some confidence from the 3 game winning streak.

Comment

This series looked much more favorable for UNO three games ago. Not excited to be playing the Buckeyes with the roll that they are on. Any OSU fans heading to Omaha for the games?
                            If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

When does the coaching search start.

Comment

When does the coaching search start.
                                I am really hoping Rohlik gets the ship righted because I don't want to become like some of the BIG Ten Football programs that are changing coaches every three or four seasons. If Rohlik is indeed on the hot seat, I sincerely hope the athletic department makes a better effort to hire the right person this time. We're not going to get this program to the next level changing coaches every three or four seasons. We have had three different coaches in the last seven seasons (counting this season).

Comment

Working...
                                X