Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Wish I could have been there but being a Friday it just wasn't possible.
    I was told from this point on the boys are poised to make a run and last night it sure looked like it!
    Never heard that building so quiet

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      Never heard that building so quiet
      Well I hope that means you were able to be heard by all there cheering when we scored! LOL!

Comment

As Far as i can tell the last time Ohio State won a season series from Michigan was 1998-1999. They were 2-1-1 with the loss coming in the CCHA Semifinals.

Comment

You know, in regards to comments made on another thread on if one of our goal was legit or not I'll take that goal anytime.
          I've seen us cheated out of legit ones so many times against them over the years, especially before overhead goal cams I could care less if we got any undeserved as I think we've been owed more than a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            You know, in regards to comments made on another thread on if one of our goal was legit or not I'll take that goal anytime.
            I've seen us cheated out of legit ones so many times against them over the years, especially before overhead goal cams I could care less if we got any undeserved as I think we've been owed more than a few.
            They had a goal called back after about 5 minutes of review

Comment

It's a sad day when I take the last Ohio State Hockey game ticket out of the envelope they were delivered in!
              A big win and weekend sweep over TTUN would offset some of the sadness!

Comment

WHAT A WIN! 6-5 in OT!!
                I couldn't tell if the ref's were our friends or not this game. They ignored a blatant cross check which allowed Michigan to get the puck up ice near the end of the second and the resulting penalty call against us gave the 2 goals and helped get them back in the game. It was a butt whoopin' on them up to that point.
                But then they disallowed a Michigan goal as a high stick which would have given them a lead with about 2 minutes left in the game.
                Why Racine came out so far and then went sprawling is beyond me but I'll take it as it sure helped us get the winning goal!
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-06-2016, 07:49 PM.

Comment

That was a good goal just like the Friday night one was, but what does it matter? You can't give up 3 goals in the first period three times in four games against the same team and expect to win.

First season series lost to you guys since 1998-99.

Hopefully with the impending coaching change comes a return to, oh I don't know, having a defense.
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I mean that was a pretty obvious high stick to me. It was above his head. But either way, I think both teams have reasons to be upset after this one. Michigan for its crap defense/goaltending, and Ohio State for once again suffering from terrible inconsistency. We can't expect to win games when we blow 4 goal leads, and yet i'm sure Rohlik will probably pat himself on the back and talk about how great it was to see the guys "not get discouraged" and see them "keep fighting" etc. etc.

Still I'll take the win any day. The student section was rocking after that one. Hopefully this will give the team a confidence boost going in the last weekend up at MSU. I've got front row seats for the game on Saturday and I'd like to go home happy!
                    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Thank you Buckeyes!
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

It seemed to me to be the usual running out of gas in the third and stopped hitting to take Michigan off the puck. You allow Michigan to keep control of the puck in your end is flirting with disaster.

Comment

Little Confused! How was a delayed penalty called on OSU , Michigan scores on the delay . and then the penalty is still served by OSU? Leading to a powerplay goal by Michigan..? Shouldn't the minor penalty be waived off after the goal??

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbread View Post
                            Little Confused! How was a delayed penalty called on OSU , Michigan scores on the delay . and then the penalty is still served by OSU? Leading to a powerplay goal by Michigan..? Shouldn't the minor penalty be waived off after the goal??
                            They changed the rule about 5 years ago in college hockey if you score on a delayed penalty then they still get a PP out of it.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

What a weekend of hockey for the Buckeyes. I wasnt at the game today but listened to Herb and Mowet on the radio. Talk about a Roller coaster of a hockey game to get up 5-1 and crusing and then take a dump penalty that allowed them to get 2 goals out of it and make it a hockey game is nuts. I was worried when Michigan tied the game at 5 but once again we see the resilience of this team. Finally winning a one goal game had they won a couple of those other 1 goal games they would be playing for at least 2nd place next weekend. The held that CCM line to just 3 points and no goals today and 1 goal 2 assists( Which all came on a PPG) so 6 points all weekend for that line great job fellas. On to East Lansing which starts a stretch of 3 straight games against them including the 1st round of Conference Tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X