Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East Championship Moved To Merrimack

My boycott worked!
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 08-26-2015, 05:58 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: Hockey East Championship Moved To Merrimack

Great news and smart for the tournament to rotate to a new venue.

Comment

About time. Unfortunately they still use 60 watt bulbs in the place so you can't really see what is going on out on the ice.

Comment

We aren't talking enough about how it was my boycott that got them to move the tournament and in no way was the decision made based on any other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          We aren't talking enough about how it was my boycott that got them to move the tournament and in no way was the decision made based on any other factors.
          And here I thought you didn't attend because BC so seldom won the thing. Silly me.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            And here I thought you didn't attend because BC so seldom won the thing. Silly me.
            Nah man, the team was boycotting it too. None of us ever showed up.

Comment

Honestly, does anyone care if they play this thing at Merrimack, at the Cape or on the moon???? Big deal the tourney winner gets an autobid to the NCAAs. Good for them. They can yet again get drubbed by a WCHA team. They should just cancel the "championship" weekend and forfeit the league's NCAA bid and let the real teams play it out. Just hand over the title to Wisconsin or Minnesota or whichever ECAC team is less than 100 miles from the Canadian border until further notice. If anyone can make a case for a HE team finishing above fourth in the WCHA and doing anything more than squat outside their below average league, I'd like to hear it. And don't give me BC, they are disqualified since they consistently wilt under the bright lights. The only argument you could possibly make is BU but they are so inconsistent it's hard to take them seriously. What happened to the days where we thought the BU women would dominate the national tourney like the sons of Jack Parker used to do? Hasn't happened. Probably wont. And if anyone says UNH is on the come, you are also going to be dismissed as someone he is making no sense at all.
              Last edited by wpiguy; 08-28-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Nah man, the team was boycotting it too. None of us ever showed up.
                Totally opposite of our champion Gophers, who will always rise to the challenge, play any team, any place, even in the dark if the 60 watt bulbs burn out.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Totally opposite of our champion Gophers, who will always rise to the challenge, play any team, any place, even in the dark if the 60 watt bulbs burn out.
                  You mean to tell me the Gophers would sell their soul just for a championship?? You gotta stand up for what you believe in!

I for one am proud that BC has strong family values and won't compromise those beliefs simply to win a trophy. #HyannisNever

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                    About time. Unfortunately they still use 60 watt bulbs in the place so you can't really see what is going on out on the ice.
                    Ha! I remember our daughter playing a championship game at a tournament held is a building like that. It was late spring so in addition to very dim lighting there was a thick fog that descended down and fogged the glass. The whole game took on an other-worldly feel, as if gray figures were flashing among the clouds. Even the sounds seemed muffled (the soft ice probably helped). The only thing the game needed was a narration by John Facenda.

Comment

UNH
                      There - I said it.

Originally posted by wpiguy View Post
                      Honestly, does anyone care if they play this thing at Merrimack, at the Cape or on the moon???? Big deal the tourney winner gets an autobid to the NCAAs. Good for them. They can yet again get drubbed by a WCHA team. They should just cancel the "championship" weekend and forfeit the league's NCAA bid and let the real teams play it out. Just hand over the title to Wisconsin or Minnesota or whichever ECAC team is less than 100 miles from the Canadian border until further notice. If anyone can make a case for a HE team finishing above fourth in the WCHA and doing anything more than squat outside their below average league, I'd like to hear it. And don't give me BC, they are disqualified since they consistently wilt under the bright lights. The only argument you could possibly make is BU but they are so inconsistent it's hard to take them seriously. What happened to the days where we thought the BU women would dominate the national tourney like the sons of Jack Parker used to do? Hasn't happened. Probably wont. And if anyone says UNH is on the come, you are also going to be dismissed as someone he is making no sense at all.
                      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by wpiguy View Post
                        Honestly, does anyone care if they play this thing at Merrimack, at the Cape or on the moon???? Big deal the tourney winner gets an autobid to the NCAAs. Good for them. They can yet again get drubbed by a WCHA team. They should just cancel the "championship" weekend and forfeit the league's NCAA bid and let the real teams play it out. Just hand over the title to Wisconsin or Minnesota or whichever ECAC team is less than 100 miles from the Canadian border until further notice. If anyone can make a case for a HE team finishing above fourth in the WCHA and doing anything more than squat outside their below average league, I'd like to hear it. And don't give me BC, they are disqualified since they consistently wilt under the bright lights. The only argument you could possibly make is BU but they are so inconsistent it's hard to take them seriously. What happened to the days where we thought the BU women would dominate the national tourney like the sons of Jack Parker used to do? Hasn't happened. Probably wont. And if anyone says UNH is on the come, you are also going to be dismissed as someone... he is making no sense at all.
                        Reading that last sentence, it's like the poster has a couple of voices that are debating each other in this head.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Which is why the last time you showed up at Matthews was when? I know there have been overtures by NU and the other Boston area teams. Plus worst case your men's team can share the directions to the rink they had a great game here last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                            Plus worst case your men's team can share the directions to the rink they had a great game here last year.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91wwMVyzqSA
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Hahaha love it

Comment

Working...
                              X