Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASU Adding Women's Club Hockey

https://***********/WHToday/status/633086419792101376

Not to say they are likely to jump to D1 anytime soon given the distance, but the growth of the sport is nice and ASU men's hockey is probably going to take off. Will be worth keeping an eye on over the next 5-10 years.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: ASU Adding Women's Club Hockey

Arizona State? I don't do "twitter" so I couldn't see what you were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeebrk View Post
      Arizona State? I don't do "twitter" so I couldn't see what you were talking about.
      Correct. Arizona State.

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      https://***********/WHToday/status/633086419792101376

Not to say they are likely to jump to D1 anytime soon given the distance, but the growth of the sport is nice and ASU men's hockey is probably going to take off. Will be worth keeping an eye on over the next 5-10 years.
      Well, if they're going to move up, this is one decent way to do it. Let the men's team test the NCAA waters to see if it's clear to make the jump.

Oh, and there's probably Title IX issues at play that helped here, too. (I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.)
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Correct. Arizona State.

Well, if they're going to move up, this is one decent way to do it. Let the men's team test the NCAA waters to see if it's clear to make the jump.

Oh, and there's probably Title IX issues at play that helped here, too. (I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.)
        At least the discussions I've read about ASU was talking about adding women's sports other than hockey for Title IX purposes, including rowing. But that could certainly change. To me it makes a lot of sense to add women's hockey here after the men's program has tested the waters.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Okay. You're a whole lot closer than I am.

I would also speculate that if things don't go according to plan with the men's team, they might figure that they won't have much invested in the women's team (relatively speaking) if it just stays at the ACHA level. (I have no idea if that came out right.)
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by coffeebrk View Post
            Another veil attempt by the NHL to keep the Coyotes afloat ?.

Comment

Working...
            X