X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey XXXIV: A Season without Chuck

Originally posted by solovsfett
    that would be awesome if someone from this board could go to the event and bend his ear a bit.

Hockey is my favorite sport (by just a hair over open wheel racing, and miles above football) but I honestly feel no anticipation for the coming season either for Wisconsin, nor for the NHL at the moment (the Blackhawks are my team and I'm bummed about Kane being such a scumbag). And normally I'm curious about the frosh and to see what strides the sophs and juniors have taken but now?

I honestly can't see myself tuning into more than 2-3 games this season. That's how far and how quickly my interest level has dropped.
    I feel the same way right now, but I know that whenever that first Friday night rolls around, I'll be looking everywhere for a stream to check out the team. I've just been a hockey fan for too long to abandon them completely. Thankfully, games are harder to find while in Atlanta, so I won't look all that hard for them.

BTW: Thread title was a on a whim, happy to change it to whatever someone would want.
    Last edited by gwhinwi; 08-15-2015, 09:17 PM.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXIV: A Season without Chuck

Tagging the thread. Should have been XXXV however...
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Tagging the thread. Should have been XXXV however...
      No, the last one was XXXIII. I may not know much, but I did check a few times before posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        No, the last one was XXXIII. I may not know much, but I did check a few times before posting it.
        The recruiting thread is XXXIV, this one should be XXXV. The two thread types are counted together and the total is the number of general and recruiting UW hockey threads since the start of the 2002-03 season.

When UW gets a new head coach to dawn the fifth age of UW hockey, the counting will restart at volume I.

Comment

So Eaves intimated he was changing his recruiting philosophy...Anyone have any thoughts or analysis on what that means exactly?
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            So Eaves intimated he was changing his recruiting philosophy...Anyone have any thoughts or analysis on what that means exactly?
            A little late for that, wouldn't you say? Especially considering most kids being recruited now are a few years away from college. I don't know about you but I have a hard time seeing him surviving that long. Then again, I have to consider who the AD is and how little he seems to care about hockey.
            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
              The recruiting thread is XXXIV, this one should be XXXV. The two thread types are counted together and the total is the number of general and recruiting UW hockey threads since the start of the 2002-03 season.

When UW gets a new head coach to dawn the fifth age of UW hockey, the counting will restart at volume I.
              We can only hope for that. I thought that the threads were counted independently of one another. My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                We can only hope for that. I thought that the threads were counted independently of one another. My apologies.
                I made the same mistake in the one and only UW thread that I ever started.

I'll never start another...such is my shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                  A little late for that, wouldn't you say? Especially considering most kids being recruited now are a few years away from college. I don't know about you but I have a hard time seeing him surviving that long. Then again, I have to consider who the AD is and how little he seems to care about hockey.
                  Definitely to late for him to change tactics on recruiting. It should have happened in 2008 when it was evident 12 grinders may listen to him but they won't ever (and couldn't) win titles

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I think what we was referring to was filling all 28 stalls in the barn and only use the 12/6 guys who play as a team and do the little things to win, even if that means running 4 4th lines out there.

On a positive note, Bucky's 5th Quarter will indeed have hockey coverage this year, at least series previews and home game coverage. Of course, it will pale in comparison to Chuck, but it will be something of quality. So that plus whatever hodhepodge the WSJ does will be the coverage in print media. The biggest gaps will be away game analysis.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

*******https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b6&oe=56790CB0

I don't know if this image will work or not. Wisconsin Men's Hockey posted this all-time line-up thing on FB today.

It just makes me sad looking at it. I understand they're trying to get people excited but the past doesn't sell this program anymore, they're so disconnected from the glory years it seems like Tony Granato played in the 60's...they need to create glory years NOW and use the past to bolster the present. But with no present and no future (for now) to look forward to, selling the past feels like pandering to a dwindling audience and it's really out of touch with reality.
                      Last edited by solovsfett; 08-25-2015, 10:13 PM.

Comment

*******https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b6&oe=56790CB0

I don't know if this image will work or not. Wisconsin Men's Hockey posted this all-time line-up thing on FB today.

It just makes me sad looking at it. I understand they're trying to get people excited but the past doesn't sell this program anymore, they're so disconnected from the glory years it seems like Tony Granato played in the 60's...they need to create glory years NOW and use the past to bolster the present. But with no present and no future (for now) to look forward to, selling the past feels like pandering to a dwindling audience and it's really out of touch with reality.
                        Saw that too. Gotta give them credit for trying, but it feels like a slap in the face at this point. Someone's job is to promote hockey, too bad they don't have much to work with anymore.

Comment

Speaking of living off past glories, more people would probably come to the KC this season if they played one of the championship games on the main scoreboard thing (lacking correct word) and selling concessions at that era's prices.

People know the past was great, the present team is not that, hence the continual fall in attendance.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
                            Saw that too. Gotta give them credit for trying, but it feels like a slap in the face at this point. Someone's job is to promote hockey, too bad they don't have much to work with anymore.
                            Any list that includes Kyle Turris as one of the top 12 NHL forwards in UW history is a seriously flawed list.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXV: A Season without Chuck

Looks like it's based on their impact in the NHL.

Comment

Working...
                              X