PDA

View Full Version : Providence Friars Womens 2015 - 2016

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BCAlum
10-27-2015, 07:13 AM
Pretty good analysis. This Coach is a terrible recruiter. I have seen him in the rink bypass a solid D1 prospect and go for a bubble player. 2 years later the player he didn't take flourish and the one he did not so much. It is hard to figure out what he sees in a player. All that being said, he is one of the nicest guys around.
He does seem like a decent guy. But why does he not like local recruits? There are a lot of good players in New England, probably a few who would have a lot of pride lacing it up for PC. Too bad, it's a great school with top notch facilities.

HockeyEast33
10-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Pretty good analysis. This Coach is a terrible recruiter. I have seen him in the rink bypass a solid D1 prospect and go for a bubble player. 2 years later the player he didn't take flourish and the one he did not so much. It is hard to figure out what he sees in a player. All that being said, he is one of the nicest guys around.

He is a very nice guy but it's definitely not working this season - 0 and 6 and they have only really been competitive in one game this season against Vermont (goaltending does seem a little better though). I can easily see this team ending up with less than last year's 6 wins - their saving grace may be the addition of Merrimack to HE, but that team has a lot of heart and will give Providence a run. 8 of the next 11 games are against UNH, Vermont, Brown, Merrimack, and Union - pretty much the likely doormats this season of their respective leagues. The results in these games should give a pretty good indication of how bad this season will end up.

joehockey
10-28-2015, 04:09 PM
First glad to see all four goalies are getting a chance to solve the issue. Hopefully one will emerge.

Goal scoring again appears to be an equal or greater problem.

It appears D Liz Halvorson who should be a Junior has left the Team. Loss of players from this program is disturbing trend that does not help on ice results or recruiting.

I hope the Friars find success in this upcoming streak of 8 of the next 11 games - a little success might help 9 freshman contribute faster.

Go Friars!

joehockey
10-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Looking at the PC Roster they have 4 goalies SR Bryant and Morse, then Serviss and FR Myers. Is Serviss a SO or JR? I thought she was a freshman last year, but roster has her listed as a JR?

33 Alanna Serviss JR G 5-7 Chicago, Ill. Chicago Young Americans

Blackhawks Rule
10-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Alanna is an academic junior, and a athletic sophomore.

joehockey
11-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Nice article on former Friar Janine Weber
http://thehockeywriters.com/janine-weber-is-making-history-with-the-nwhl/

hockeyeast1
11-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Nice 5-4 come back win for Providence against UNH, team scored 5 goals and showed a lot of heart in the come back. Hopefully they can build on this win and get some confidence!

Rhode Island Red
11-30-2015, 01:01 PM
Providence reclaims Mayor’s Cup
Providence benefited from several big performances offensively as it pulled away from Brown, 6-1, to take possession of the Mayor’s Cup.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/womens-d1-blog/2015/11/29/womens-d-i-wrap-nov-29/#ixzz3t0ERvZ2H

Nice to see PC is fairing a little better this year, they are two wins away from last years total

HockeyEast33
11-30-2015, 04:35 PM
He is a very nice guy but it's definitely not working this season - 0 and 6 and they have only really been competitive in one game this season against Vermont (goaltending does seem a little better though). I can easily see this team ending up with less than last year's 6 wins - their saving grace may be the addition of Merrimack to HE, but that team has a lot of heart and will give Providence a run. 8 of the next 11 games are against UNH, Vermont, Brown, Merrimack, and Union - pretty much the likely doormats this season of their respective leagues. The results in these games should give a pretty good indication of how bad this season will end up.

Fair is fair! Providence not winning against any team of significance, but are beating some of the doormats - Brown, UNH, UVM. 4-4 in the 8 games since I wrote this post. Showing signs of it being better than I anticipated based on early performance.

joehockey
12-02-2015, 09:18 AM
Friars keep Union winless and win again 4-1!

Rhode Island Red
12-22-2015, 09:30 AM
PC forward gets nice mention as top freshmen in seasons first half.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/12/the-top-10-ncaa-womens-hockey-freshmen-at-midseason/

Friars match last years win total in first half this year, a long way to go but the future looks at least brighter then its been!

HockeyEast33
12-22-2015, 09:54 PM

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/12/the-top-10-ncaa-womens-hockey-freshmen-at-midseason/

Friars match last years win total in first half this year, a long way to go but the future looks at least brighter then its been!

Well, they have proven they can consistently beat the doormats (which is better than I personally thought they would). But they haven't beaten any team with even close to a winning record and the second half schedule is much tougher, so I wouldn't get too carried away just yet.

Timothy A
12-23-2015, 01:32 PM

Come on and knock off some ranked opponents....

Rhode Island Red
12-23-2015, 02:17 PM
Well, they have proven they can consistently beat the doormats (which is better than I personally thought they would). But they haven't beaten any team with even close to a winning record and the second half schedule is much tougher, so I wouldn't get too carried away just yet.

" the future looks at least brighter then its been" is carried away?

Rhode Island Red
12-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Come on and knock off some ranked opponents....

Have played some ranked opponents and did not fare very well!
B.C. was much tougher and talented then Wisconsin! And not by a little.........:D

hockeyeast1
12-23-2015, 03:26 PM
I would not book seats for the frozen four just yet, but.............. definitely some improvement over the past few years

Of the 11 losses, 5 were to some pretty good teams.
one loss to #1 BC
two losses to # 2 Wisconsin
one loss to # 8 Northeastern
one loss to # 10 Colgate

Timothy A
12-23-2015, 04:11 PM
B.C. was much tougher and talented then Wisconsin! And not by a little.........:D

LOL....That was UW's first series of the year. I'd bet a you a hunk of fine Wisconsin 10 yr old cheddar UW would outscore and outshoot what BC did now that UW's a well oiled machine.

Eeyore
12-24-2015, 03:57 AM
LOL....That was UW's first series of the year. I'd bet a you a hunk of fine Wisconsin 10 yr old cheddar UW would outscore and outshoot what BC did now that UW's a well oiled machine.

As long as the game isn't played in Grand Forks.

Timothy A
12-24-2015, 08:04 AM
As long as the game isn't played in Grand Forks.

I'm not afraid of the sue. If you can beat the rodents, you can beat anyone. I just wish I could have watched the games to see for myself how it all unfolded.

ne7minder
12-24-2015, 11:40 AM
I'm not afraid of the sue. If you can beat the rodents, you can beat anyone. I just wish I could have watched the games to see for myself how it all unfolded.

Unless its a December weekend in 2016, then they can't beat anyone