UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Dunn - Saulnier - Poulsen could be really fun to watch.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

I agree with that. Excited to see Poulsen after sitting out a year. Interesting looking at the line chart that Kurt Gosselin isn't in the lineup. With everything Corbett has alluded to, you'd think Gosselin would factor heavily into the team's plans. Injured?

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Dunn - Saulnier - Poulsen could be really fun to watch.

GFM

Dunn and Poulsen were a redeeming feature of the night. They gave us a glimmer of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post
          ... Maxim Letunov will be fun to watch tonight, but I'm betting we shut him down.
          Yep; NOT

Comment

Gosselin is sick. I'm sick and tired of dumb penalties by Saulnier. When he was involved and playing smart hockey tonight, he was great. Then he took two unbelievably dumb penalties where simply skating away from the hit or from contacting the goaltender behind the net was the right play. His goal was great. His decision-making was suspect. Dunn-Saulnier-Poulsen should really be special for this team, but if he's taking 2-3 dumb penalties a game, that slows things down a lot.

McHugh and Brears are still with it. I'll be curious to see how quickly Houcher can put it together.

Knight didn't look overwhelmed, but we were bad in our own end on the wall from the dot to the corner, especially glove side on Carmine. Also, that was a B- game from Carmine. We all remember Tech, but the fact is that he gave up four goals in three straight games down the stretch here (two v. Alaska, at BG before getting pulled). He didn't get a lot of support on the ones that went past him, but I felt like he normally would've only given up two or just three.

Letunov has it, and trying to slow him down ground the boys down pretty hard. The upperclassmen have bought in, but you bring in this much new blood to play and their legs just aren't going to be with it, because you have a big physical commitment from juniors to college that most kids don't fully grasp.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              Gosselin is sick. I'm sick and tired of dumb penalties by Saulnier. When he was involved and playing smart hockey tonight, he was great. Then he took two unbelievably dumb penalties where simply skating away from the hit or from contacting the goaltender behind the net was the right play. His goal was great. His decision-making was suspect. Dunn-Saulnier-Poulsen should really be special for this team, but if he's taking 2-3 dumb penalties a game, that slows things down a lot.

McHugh and Brears are still with it. I'll be curious to see how quickly Houcher can put it together.

Knight didn't look overwhelmed, but we were bad in our own end on the wall from the dot to the corner, especially glove side on Carmine. Also, that was a B- game from Carmine. We all remember Tech, but the fact is that he gave up four goals in three straight games down the stretch here (two v. Alaska, at BG before getting pulled). He didn't get a lot of support on the ones that went past him, but I felt like he normally would've only given up two or just three.

Letunov has it, and trying to slow him down ground the boys down pretty hard. The upperclassmen have bought in, but you bring in this much new blood to play and their legs just aren't going to be with it, because you have a big physical commitment from juniors to college that most kids don't fully grasp.

GFM
              UConn is a good team and under-rated, good luck tonight. I've come to really dislike them.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Ah...tonight felt good. Got 'em back with a 5-2 win of our own. Saulnier with a two-goal, four-point night. Guerriero rebounded a bit after a shaky start.

Third period was FUN.
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Sauns was ... whoa, boy.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

We've been needing someone who can win face-offs. Fletcher went 10W/4L and 17W/9L. He wasn't on the ice for any of the goals though.

Comment

FYI - St. Cloud State Hires Kurt Kleinendorst As Provisional Assistant

Comment

Time for KK to collect another paycheck while finding out that he hates coaching college hockey.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

This may seem like a silly question but should I buy tickets for this weekend in advance or just at the door? Traveling a long way for this.
                          Last edited by kamariek; 10-19-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
                            This may seem like a silly question but should I buy tickets for this weekend in advance or just at the door? Traveling a long way for this.
                            You can buy tickets at the door, the lower bowl tickets are 13 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
                              We haven't been in danger of selling out for a few years now. The last time paid attendance was above 4,000 was probably when we were in the CHA. You'll see a few more butts in seats this weekend, but you will have a place to sit. The only reason to buy in advance would be to have a lower bowl ticket, but those were easy to come by against UConn.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAHHerd4 View Post
                                You can buy tickets at the door, the lower bowl tickets are 13 dollars.
                                Pull out your fake ID saying you are a senior citizen and I think they are 9 bucks.
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X