RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

EHF will have to explain what this title means.

old thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...g-and-Summer-(
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Today is 31 July 2015. There are 64 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph Baer: Man of La Mancha
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Ralph Baer: Man of La Mancha
        Does that make DrD Sancho Panza?

Comment

Our game at Quinnipiac might move: http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...-triple-header

Only common weekend slot we share is the Friday before the Mayor's Cup (Princeton has finals around then, and the Q typically does NC games there). Q/Harvard already was going to move because of the Beanpot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            EHF will have to explain what this title means.

old thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...g-and-Summer-(
            Do you think we have a realistic chance at the NCAA title?
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              No.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Our game at Quinnipiac might move: http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...-triple-header

Only common weekend slot we share is the Friday before the Mayor's Cup (Princeton has finals around then, and the Q typically does NC games there). Q/Harvard already was going to move because of the Beanpot.
                I wonder if the broadcast of Army-Navy (even though it's the club teams) might spur Navy to move to a D1 team soon.
                Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  No.
                  That's the impossible dream.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Depends. Can we win 8 (or 10) games in March/April?
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      Depends. Can we win 8 (or 10) games in March/April?
                      .....that seems to be the Impossible Dream!
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        .....that seems to be the Impossible Dream!
                        If you had asked me in the mid60s could we win a championship, I would have said no, and of course we did about 20 years later. I still think that we can, but win one this season is a different question.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I note that augenblick.org has an entry for RPI Hockey FAQ, which contains the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          3.5 What records do the Engineers hold?

Open to debate is whether the Engineers hold records for the longest Division 1 winning and undefeated streaks. RPI won 30 straight games during the 1984-85 season, but one game was against the University of Toronto, a Canadian team. Continuing into the 1985-86 season, RPI was undefeated over 38 games, including 2 wins over Toronto. Depending on how these records are defined, RPI may be the holder.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the games against the University of Toronto don't count, I should think that would still leave RPI with a 29-game winning streak during 1984-85 and a 36-game undefeated streak over two seasons.

Unless there is another NCAA team that has won as many as 29 in a row or gone undefeated in as many as 36, why should there be any question as to whether RPI holds these records?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            I note that augenblick.org has an entry for RPI Hockey FAQ, which contains the following:

3.5 What records do the Engineers hold?

Open to debate is whether the Engineers hold records for the longest Division 1 winning and undefeated streaks. RPI won 30 straight games during the 1984-85 season, but one game was against the University of Toronto, a Canadian team. Continuing into the 1985-86 season, RPI was undefeated over 38 games, including 2 wins over Toronto. Depending on how these records are defined, RPI may be the holder.

If the games against the University of Toronto don't count, I should think that would still leave RPI with a 29-game winning streak during 1984-85 and a 36-game undefeated streak over two seasons.

Unless there is another NCAA team that has won as many as 29 in a row or gone undefeated in as many as 36, why should there be any question as to whether RPI holds these records?
                            Cornell lost the championship game in 68-69, won 29 in a row in 69-70, and then won a few the next year until we beat them. I think that is who would hold the winning-streak record.

Edit: http://www.cornellbigred.com/documen...ts.pdf?id=6605 The 29-0 record includes three games against Canadian schools, and the only game they won in 70-71 before losing to us was against Western Ontario, so I guess that if they don't count our games vs Canadian schools, you can't count Cornell's either, and they had a 26-game streak. So never mind.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-31-2015, 04:27 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 1 August 2015. There are 63 days (9 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X